X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • meyerweb
    Special 2022 Contributor, Founding Member & Patron
    • Jul 2018
    • Northern Virginia

Torch Red has never been my favorite red, but I've seen several C7s on the road in that color over the last week or two, and find I like it more than I used to. Maybe it's withdrawal: The 4 years since I bought my C7 is the first time I haven't had a car in some shade of red since 1985.
    Delivered 5/29/2021!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels, Carbon Flash splitter and side skirts, magnetic engine cover mod & custom painted engine cover, AMT door sills, Soler throttle controller, SmartTop HTC controller
    >22,000 miles
    Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

• John
      co-founder/admin
      • Jun 2018
      • PNW

Originally posted by Mile High C8
      Orange all the way for me. It looks great on a ZR1 that is local and in the sun it's even better. This will be my first Corvette.
      Hello Mile High C8. Great first post and we (and GM) welcomes you to the Corvette world. I am sure but still double checking that you found your way to this thread:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...range-tintcoat

2023 Z06: Elkhart Lake Blue, 2-tone blue interior, HTC, Standard Z06 with Z07 aero pkg, CCB’s, 3LZ, E60, all visible carbon fiber including wheels, & Jake Design Pkg. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 26 year NCM members. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• Frenzy36
        ZORA Patron, Founder & Sr. Contributor
        • Jul 2018
        • Rocket City - Florida

Click image for larger version

Name:	Corvette Stingray 2020 (18).jpg
Views:	1023
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	56365Click image for larger version  Name:	Corvette Stingray 2020 (13).jpg Views:	0 Size:	166.8 KB ID:	56364
        Rocket City Florida - 2013 427 Vert - 2015 ZO6 - 2020 Stingray

Comment

• capevettes
          Senior Contributor
          • Oct 2018
          • Cape Cod, Mass.

I've had every red from C1 Roman Red through Long Beach Red. Haven't had blue since my 68 Big Block, Lemans Blue. Time for blue. I ordered Elkhart Lake Blue.

Comment

• JB
            Senior Contributing Member & Patron
            • Jul 2018

Im leaning 70 percent torch red with 30 percent on arctic white..both with a black interior...although white with the light grey interior is tempting as well...

probably will go bright torch red as thats what Ive been dreaming of for quite a while.,.

so many great colors its hard to decide...

the variety of colors we all end up choosing is what makes this so cool.

not one bad color although not having seen the green tinted yellow is kind of reaching the limit...(not a huge fan of the bolt in what might be a similar color).

that yellow will be quite unique thats for sure but then again exotics love that type of yellow so whats my opinion worth..

for those that choose that color...im sure you will be pleased.

i do wish we could see various color in local chevy tent events actually in the car but Id imagine the logistics preclude having multiple cars at various regional events..

im really glad chevy is doing these tent events...

Comment

• John
              co-founder/admin
              • Jun 2018
              • PNW

I saw Elkhart Lake Blue on KenHorse’s 2019 GS the other night, in the sunshine around dinner time. It was a glorious color!
              2023 Z06: Elkhart Lake Blue, 2-tone blue interior, HTC, Standard Z06 with Z07 aero pkg, CCB’s, 3LZ, E60, all visible carbon fiber including wheels, & Jake Design Pkg. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 26 year NCM members. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• RoketRdr
                Sr. Contributor
                • Jul 2018
                • Houston

John I'm offended. Accelerate Yellow should've been the first one on the list.

Comment

• John
                  co-founder/admin
                  • Jun 2018
                  • PNW

I understand LOL. I still lust after the thought of getting another yellow one Corvette, to replace our Velocity Yellow current one. But from the samples I have so far seen, even though we are “yellow addicts,” we are not yellow-green addicts. We still hope there will be an Accelerate Yellow one at NCM’s 25th or anywhere to prove us wrong, but not long after that event, we believe we will have our first consensus (certainly before September is over). And unless we get contrary proof between now and ordering, no yellow-green C8 for us.

However, when the Z06 comes out, if Accelerate were to be replaced with Millennium, Velocity Yellow or similar, we will return.

Comment

• John
                    co-founder/admin
                    • Jun 2018
                    • PNW

Originally posted by Don Jorgenson
                    I’m shocked! Granted it’s a small sample,but to se Zues Bronze in second place is a amazing. GM made the right move getting that color out on the road early,because it’s a color you need to see to really appreciate. This was very evident last weekend at Road America with the overall WOW acceptance. I know it firmed up our choice.
                    Over 40% of the 2019 ZR1’s are Sebring Orange. Could Zeus Bronze be the hit color of the 2020 C8? So far, it is looking so.

Comment

• RoketRdr
                      Sr. Contributor
                      • Jul 2018
                      • Houston

Originally posted by John
                      I understand LOL. I still lust after the thought of getting another yellow one Corvette, to replace our Velocity Yellow current one. But from the samples I have so far seen, even though we are “yellow addicts,” we are not yellow-green addicts. We still hope there will be an Accelerate Yellow one at NCM’s 25th or anywhere to prove us wrong, but not long after that event, we believe we will have our first consensus (certainly before September is over). And unless we get contrary proof between now and ordering, no yellow-green C8 for us.

However, when the Z06 comes out, if Accelerate were to be replaced with Millennium, Velocity Yellow or similar, we will return.
                      I watched a video of the designer and he said they added blue to it not green. So hopefully the renders make it look green instead of blue.

Comment

• Mile High C8
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Denver, CO

Originally posted by John

Hello Mile High C8. Great first post and we (and GM) welcomes you to the Corvette world. I am sure but still double checking that you found your way to this thread:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...range-tintcoat
                        Thanks! Yes I lurked that thread before joining... I am 23 on the dealer list to order but they say some might fall off. I am excited to say the least.

Comment

• ltomn
                          ZORA Patron, Founding Member & Sr. Contribututor
                          • Jul 2018
                          • Florida

It's looking like Blade Silver is not a popular color! I chose that because, like someone else's psychological dictation, I do not want to stand out! I like quality but not racer boy showiness. A dipped Natural interior should look wonderful with this color as should black calipers and body color accessories. Perhaps without the Z51 package to eliminate the rear aero. A stately GT or close to it.
                          ZORA patron, Forum Founding Member, Senior Contributor, proud owner of a late 2023 Z06! I go to races to watch Corvettes!

Comment

• John
                            co-founder/admin
                            • Jun 2018
                            • PNW

If one were to choose Blade Silver with the dipped Natural interior, you would be in good company, for those is how the C7’s Chief Interior Designer configured the one he bought for himself in 2014 (of course then he choose Kalahari instead of Natural). He still has, loves, and drives it now — though he admitted that he and his wife would be soon discussing what his C8 might look like; perhaps the same.

Comment

• JB
                              Senior Contributing Member & Patron
                              • Jul 2018

Originally posted by ltomn
                              It's looking like Blade Silver is not a popular color! I chose that because, like someone else's psychological dictation, I do not want to stand out! I like quality but not racer boy showiness. A dipped Natural interior should look wonderful with this color as should black calipers and body color accessories. Perhaps without the Z51 package to eliminate the rear aero. A stately GT or close to it.

Tom i believe you are going to be pleasantly surprised how stunning the metallic silver will look. To date the photographs have been not quite flattering to blade silver...and in my opinion more of a result of poor photography skills than anything else.

quite honestly the few photos taken also did not show the vehicle in standard trim with black accents etc..

the painted vents , the relatively lousy spy photo like quality left silver missing on the polls...

ive seen a blade silver c7 z06 with red interior and fwiw...it was Popping big time in real life...

the elegant metallic silver I saw on the real life c7 z06 convertible was quite attractive...and I really do mean like wow!

if you were thinking silver..lthen wait for at least a good photo and I personally think it needs the standard trim...not the body color at least as far as I could tell from the few rough photos we have seen so far...

im not quite sire what wheels would go best with the blade silver

i lean towards the black with polished lip or dare I say not the stock silver painted but rather the wheels with some of the spokes polished......

i forgot what they call that stock wheel trim

Comment

• TOMDOM69
                                Senior Contributor
                                • Oct 2018

Originally posted by Klinn
                                I really wanted a yellow this time around but I don't think AYM will do it for me. Never mind not having even seen natural light photos of it yet, it's a color which is unusual enough that I would probably want to see it in person before ordering. if AYM was similar to this Lambo I'd be very tempted. No, no, the one in front, not the back.

Lambo colors

Unfortunately I suspect it's going to venture off somewhere in between those two, so I'll have to fall back to good old Torch Red.

But I'm surprised how much I like the C8 in a variety of colors. That's a sign that the basic design really appeals to me.
                                to me by the itty bitty car at the tours in person, I'd say it mostly looks like the front one. Kind of how the ceramic matrix looks white unless its by a white car. That itty bitty car looked more of a true yellow metallic, then a greenish yellow. like 8 color crayon yellow, I didn't really see the "hint of blue" in it. It may look different on a full sized car. I'm sure it'll look different in natural sunlight. Don't lose hope

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...