MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

*Build/Price:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...hanks-to-mkenm
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide (9/6): https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...page=&butID=1#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

POLL: What Color C8 Have You Chosen

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • POLL: What Color C8 Have You Chosen

    Since a color poll was just asked for... However, we do have a limit on only 10 total colors, so sorry I had to do some “modifications” to make this happen, and a couple of decisions too. Wish we could have more than ten options, but not software allowed

    Subsequent posts to explain votes, to note “none of the above,” or “have not yet chosen,” are always welcomed. Sorry if your choice was thus forced in with another color or in the cars of Accelerate (predicted by many to be the lowest color choice), outright eliminated.

    138
    Torch Red
    20.29%
    28
    Long Beach Red
    7.97%
    11
    White and/or Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic
    12.32%
    17
    Rapid Blue
    8.70%
    12
    Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic
    17.39%
    24
    Black
    4.35%
    6
    Blade Silver Metallic
    7.25%
    10
    Shadow Gray Metallic
    7.25%
    10
    Zeus Bronze
    10.87%
    15
    Sebring Orange Metallic
    3.62%
    5
    GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

    Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

  • #2
    Need an "undecided" category.

    Also, looking at the results is an exercise in cognitive dissonance. See a header that says "Elkhart Lake Blue" over a purple bar, and Torch Red over a green bar is momentarily confusing. (I realize you don't control the color of the bars.)
    Last edited by meyerweb; 08-05-2019, 12:34 PM.
    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

    Purchased 5/2/2015,
    >33,000+ miles

    Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

    Comment


    • #3
      Rapid blue with natural two tone. I'd go with a two tone blue interior if I could also get blue calipers.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm stuck between Elkhart Blue and Torch Red. Three of my past Vettes have been red or some shade of red (''78 Mahogany). My problem is getting the interior and exterior matchup that I want. Torch Red is easier for an exterior and interior standpoint. Having trouble with the Elkhart Blue.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm like 75% decided on white, with that 25% of you can never be wrong with bright red pecking at my brain. Torch red is a bit orangey to me, if it was a true red I would be leaning that way even harder.

          Comment


          • #6
            While we were happy to choose ELB with the Sky Gray interior, AFTER seeing the Sky Gray interior, we decided it was TOO light for our taste. Going with our OTHER first choice color, Torch Red with a two toned red and black interior.......... hopefully, a 3LT Z51.

            Haven't had a TR Vette since 2000 the last 6 Vettes have been blue, Crystal Red ( 2010 GS), or white.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Leshelt View Post
              I'm stuck between Elkhart Blue and Torch Red. Three of my past Vettes have been red or some shade of red (''78 Mahogany). My problem is getting the interior and exterior matchup that I want. Torch Red is easier for an exterior and interior standpoint. Having trouble with the Elkhart Blue.
              I'm in the exact same boat - except w blue. I've had blue, shall we switch?? I'll do Torch red, you do blue?? I'm leaning to come out of m comfort zone with red. Let me upload a couple pics. Last pic - both blue and red. old Vette obviously and old blazer. Click image for larger version

Name:	3mf5rxcl0rb31.jpg
Views:	873
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	56273Click image for larger version

Name:	AbYo3UY.jpg
Views:	865
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	56274Click image for larger version

Name:	July 05 (5).jpg
Views:	872
Size:	2.47 MB
ID:	56275
              NCM Life Member

              Comment


              • #8
                I can’t wait to order mine when Kerbeck calls... Torch Red all the way!

                I’m hoping we can get the High Wing option with the Museum delivery, fingers crossed John!
                Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, Just SOLD my 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger for new C8 - On order from Kerbeck
                C8 Spec: Torch Red, 2LT, Z51,FE4,E60,CF7,FA5,AH2,HUL,TUL,Q8P,SC7,ERI,R8C

                Comment


                • #9
                  This is what I selected and it is now up to GM and the dealer to let me have the options. Interior is black with red seats and red engine dress up.Click image for larger version

Name:	#2   2020 Mid-Engine Corvette Stingray.jpg
Views:	886
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	56284

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I really wanted a yellow this time around but I don't think AYM will do it for me. Never mind not having even seen natural light photos of it yet, it's a color which is unusual enough that I would probably want to see it in person before ordering. if AYM was similar to this Lambo I'd be very tempted. No, no, the one in front, not the back.

                    Lambo colors

                    Unfortunately I suspect it's going to venture off somewhere in between those two, so I'll have to fall back to good old Torch Red.

                    But I'm surprised how much I like the C8 in a variety of colors. That's a sign that the basic design really appeals to me.
                    Last edited by Klinn; 08-05-2019, 01:33 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Phil1098 View Post
                      I'm like 75% decided on white, with that 25% of you can never be wrong with bright red pecking at my brain. Torch red is a bit orangey to me, if it was a true red I would be leaning that way even harder.
                      IMO you're right on about Corvette Torch Red. I just can't believe Corvette doesn't offer a true, beautiful (subjective of course), red like Ferrari and others. If you like the Corvette red, great; enjoy. But I sure would like seeing the new car in a rich true bright red without all the orange in it. Oh well, I'm not a red buyer anyway, so my view probably doesn't matter.😕

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Orange all the way for me. It looks great on a ZR1 that is local and in the sun it's even better. This will be my first Corvette.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I’m shocked! Granted it’s a small sample,but to se Zues Bronze in second place is a amazing. GM made the right move getting that color out on the road early,because it’s a color you need to see to really appreciate. This was very evident last weekend at Road America with the overall WOW acceptance. I know it firmed up our choice.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Klinn View Post
                            I really wanted a yellow this time around but I don't think AYM will do it for me. Never mind not having even seen natural light photos of it yet, it's a color which is unusual enough that I would probably want to see it in person before ordering. if AYM was similar to this Lambo I'd be very tempted. No, no, the one in front, not the back.

                            Lambo colors

                            Unfortunately I suspect it's going to venture off somewhere in between those two, so I'll have to fall back to good old Torch Red.

                            But I'm surprised how much I like the C8 in a variety of colors. That's a sign that the basic design really appeals to me.
                            I think it's gonna be closer to the one in back. We'l have to see it in person.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by George View Post

                              IMO you're right on about Corvette Torch Red. I just can't believe Corvette doesn't offer a true, beautiful (subjective of course), red like Ferrari and others. If you like the Corvette red, great; enjoy. But I sure would like seeing the new car in a rich true bright red without all the orange in it. Oh well, I'm not a red buyer anyway, so my view probably doesn't matter.😕
                              I was just saying this to my wife. I picked up one of the metal C7 Z06 models that is painted a red that GM should actually use. It's darker than the torch red without the orange tint and lighter than the LBR. A very rich deep red that would be my immediate choice and I haven't had a red car in over 25 years.

                              Comment

                              MECF_728x90_bottom

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X