Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Edge Red as an Exterior Color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edge Red as an Exterior Color

I know Torch Red is never going away. However, I would really like to see a more deep, thicker looking “blood” red like Ferrari Red offered on the Corvette. It seems no one is really buying the maroon-ish shades that GM has given us as second red options over the last two generations.

I like Torch Red but it is a bit too bright and fiery looking and emits a somewhat orange tone in direct sunlight. I want a red closer to the red Ferrari offers and Viper used to offer. Victory Red in 2009 was close but still not the optimal Ferrari red I am looking for.

Can someone here explain what Edge Red looks like in person? In picture, I much prefer it over torch red. Bottomline, I would like to see a second red color option other than the maroon shades we have been getting. Torch Red has an orange glow to it in direct sunlight so I think there is room for a more Ferrari-like red. I hope we get one soon.

Side note: Of all available colors, I would choose Torch Red on the C8...so not being a hater here.

Long Beach Red Metallic is the other option. It's not as bright and easier on the eyes. Definitely going to be my choice. But I would like to see the Accelerate Yellow in person.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Corvette Stingray 2020 (18).jpg Views:	0 Size:	161.1 KB ID:	55632
    Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Corvette Stingray 2020 (13).jpg
Views:	842
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	55635
      Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

long beach red is rose/maroon It lighten up a bit in direct sunlight but it’s basically a dark maroon. The configurator is VERY wrong. The color on the configurator is not an accurate representation of the color. I suggest you go see long beach red in person on a C7 before ordering it based of the configurator. We need a ferrari type red in addition to torch red and need to lose the maroon/rose colors GM keeps putting out there

Comment

I don't feel we need to loose a maroon, but rather get away from the rose shades and back to a deep dark, Monterey or darker.

Comment

Originally posted by NavySuppo View Post
            long beach red is rose/maroon It lighten up a bit in direct sunlight but it’s basically a dark maroon. The configurator is VERY wrong. The color on the configurator is not an accurate representation of the color. I suggest you go see long beach red in person on a C7 before ordering it based of the configurator. We need a ferrari type red in addition to torch red and need to lose the maroon/rose colors GM keeps putting out there
            Here is an accurate color representation of LBR; in the sun it explodes. In low light like most colors, it is more subdued. I agree 100% with NavySuppo’s suggestion for every color to see it for yourself, and nicely 9 of the 12, 2020 C8 colors are carryover so can do exactly that for al bu the three new ones.

Click image for larger version  Name:	575142EF-FDC1-4D72-982E-21D235D74248.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.76 MB ID:	55831
            Last edited by John; 08-04-2019, 06:55 PM.
            Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X