Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Kai Spande BGA Manager

On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, you get to meet the Corvette Plant Manager for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kai Spande!
Your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to Kai as he traces his career with GM. Kai talks about how the Bowling Green Assembly Plant transitioned from the front engine, C7 Corvette, to the mid-engine C8 Corvette. You'll get insights on the plant expansion and how they made that all happen...giving the new C8 Corvette a true state-of-the-art build facility. Kai also tells you about the Corvettes he has owned and the funny story of how he loved Corvettes, but never thought he'd get to work for it during his tenure at GM. Get to personally know Corvette Plant Manager, Kai Spande, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
NEW!!! Get CORVETTE TODAY merchandise here: https://www.agpestores.com//lanmarxgraphix/grouppr...
See more
See less

Edge Red as an Exterior Color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edge Red as an Exterior Color

I know Torch Red is never going away. However, I would really like to see a more deep, thicker looking “blood” red like Ferrari Red offered on the Corvette. It seems no one is really buying the maroon-ish shades that GM has given us as second red options over the last two generations.

I like Torch Red but it is a bit too bright and fiery looking and emits a somewhat orange tone in direct sunlight. I want a red closer to the red Ferrari offers and Viper used to offer. Victory Red in 2009 was close but still not the optimal Ferrari red I am looking for.

Can someone here explain what Edge Red looks like in person? In picture, I much prefer it over torch red. Bottomline, I would like to see a second red color option other than the maroon shades we have been getting. Torch Red has an orange glow to it in direct sunlight so I think there is room for a more Ferrari-like red. I hope we get one soon.

Side note: Of all available colors, I would choose Torch Red on the C8...so not being a hater here.

Long Beach Red Metallic is the other option. It's not as bright and easier on the eyes. Definitely going to be my choice. But I would like to see the Accelerate Yellow in person.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Corvette Stingray 2020 (18).jpg Views:	0 Size:	161.1 KB ID:	55632
    Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Corvette Stingray 2020 (13).jpg
Views:	735
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	55635
      Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

long beach red is rose/maroon It lighten up a bit in direct sunlight but it’s basically a dark maroon. The configurator is VERY wrong. The color on the configurator is not an accurate representation of the color. I suggest you go see long beach red in person on a C7 before ordering it based of the configurator. We need a ferrari type red in addition to torch red and need to lose the maroon/rose colors GM keeps putting out there

Comment

I don't feel we need to loose a maroon, but rather get away from the rose shades and back to a deep dark, Monterey or darker.

Comment

Originally posted by NavySuppo View Post
            long beach red is rose/maroon It lighten up a bit in direct sunlight but it’s basically a dark maroon. The configurator is VERY wrong. The color on the configurator is not an accurate representation of the color. I suggest you go see long beach red in person on a C7 before ordering it based of the configurator. We need a ferrari type red in addition to torch red and need to lose the maroon/rose colors GM keeps putting out there
            Here is an accurate color representation of LBR; in the sun it explodes. In low light like most colors, it is more subdued. I agree 100% with NavySuppo’s suggestion for every color to see it for yourself, and nicely 9 of the 12, 2020 C8 colors are carryover so can do exactly that for al bu the three new ones.

Click image for larger version  Name:	575142EF-FDC1-4D72-982E-21D235D74248.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.76 MB ID:	55831
            Last edited by John; 08-04-2019, 06:55 PM.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X