MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

*Build & Price Your C8 with Spreadsheet:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-msrp-incl-dfc
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide:https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...=21905&type=0#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c

Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

Engine Appearance Package Pictures and Currently Known Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Appearance Package Pictures and Currently Known Information

We have seen a lot of engine appearance package pictures, and some preliminary information. Let’s in this thread collect high quality information and pictures.

The “Engine Appearance Package” is option code ZZ3, is available in 1LT, 2LT, and 3LT trim options. The engine package consists of two good-sized pieces of visible carbon fiber and LED lighting.

Please note that ZZ3 is separate from the different standard black color engine cover and the additional engine cover options of Edge Red, red, and silver. The Edge Red and the silver engine covers are delayed availability (per the Accessory Book).

Here, thanks and credit to Johnl91498 are the first two outstanding pictures of ZZ3’s visible carbon fiber, followed by two similarly superb pictures thanks and credit to Clint Simone of Motor1.

Click image for larger version

Name:	08960DC5-6577-45DC-B8A8-D8216ADF2F19.jpeg
Views:	2699
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	54920Click image for larger version

Name:	FC756838-E7E6-442C-9BB0-73F574EA0F2C.jpeg
Views:	1106
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	54921Click image for larger version

Name:	60E9F36B-7016-4EB7-83DA-702E2B2619FE.jpeg
Views:	1108
Size:	585.0 KB
ID:	54922Click image for larger version

Name:	B3618F47-4162-4D99-A67C-F701829E87D7.jpeg
Views:	1122
Size:	896.6 KB
ID:	54923
    Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of NCM.

So, so beautiful. I'm definitely springing for that option.
    Bob Sliwa
    Currently Building an All-Electric,1963 Split-Window Coupe Restomod.

Comment

If somebody has the opportunity, it would be cool to get a shot at dusk / early evening to show how the LEDs light up the engine compartment.

Comment

Does anyone know if the "standard" engine compartment has plastic covers where the CF is shown on the "appearance" package, or is it uncovered aluminum? I like the CF, but wonder what the standard engine compartment looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbytinvab View Post
          Does anyone know if the "standard" engine compartment has plastic covers where the CF is shown on the "appearance" package, or is it uncovered aluminum? I like the CF, but wonder what the standard engine compartment looks like.
          I would like to know this also, and how the lights work, are they on a switch, are they on when ignition is on, or just when headlights are on?

Comment

GM Rep told me when I was looking at the Tour car that the LED lights come on when you open the hatch, as well as it's on a switch.

Comment

cool pictures!
              C8, Z51, 3LT, Shadow Gray, Dipped Natural. Status 1100

Comment

Originally posted by bobbytinvab View Post
                Yet unknown. Sorry.

Comment

If it is a black plastic cover, in lieu of the carbon fiber, I will probably remove it and see the aluminum braces.

Comment

I’m of the opinion that the “red” cover will clash with what appears to be “edge red” valve covers. I will hopefully be able to see the red cover before it’s time to place my order.

My ‘18 GS has a set from Show Stopper and they are fantastic! I may opt to wait to see what they offer on the C8.
                    Attached Files
                    2018 Grand Sport, Torch Red, black int, A8, Nav/PDR

Comment

Originally posted by Phil1098 View Post
                      If it is a black plastic cover, in lieu of the carbon fiber, I will probably remove it and see the aluminum braces.
                      Maybe those stock pieces could be hydro dipped in cf?
                      2018 Grand Sport, Torch Red, black int, A8, Nav/PDR

Comment

Originally posted by JDMilw View Post
                        I’m of the opinion that the “red” cover will clash with what appears to be “edge red” valve covers. I will hopefully be able to see the red cover before it’s time to place my order.

My ‘18 GS has a set from Show Stopper and they are fantastic! I may opt to wait to see what they offer on the C8.
                        JDMIlw et all, that is my exact question, already # 9 on my NCM 25th “”Questions Ask” list — for I too am wondering about that. I will find Kirk Bennion or Brett Golliff at the event and ask that specific one (for you, for all and for me personally — I hate it when two reds clash).

Showstopper is excellent. I have some of their products on my C7; already talked with Steve and know I will be buying some more of their products for my C8.

Comment

The pieces themselves seem to be a triangle shape overall and the attachment points seem to be on the aluminum braces. IF the stock setup is a plastic cover, I may have to rethink that as the big area with the vents may be covering some things that aren't so pretty. I can't very well cut off the brace section as it's the attachment points. Hmmmmmmm

Comment

The first mod that's happening to mine is the red valve covers are coming off and being powder coated blue. Wish they would've given us a couple for color options in this area.

Comment

I get the structual integrity of carbon Fiber, what I do not get is the visual excitement of this product. It is like machined turned metal swirls of yesterday. Sometimes used in dashes and firewalls. I get it , it is a hard product to manufacture and costly. Though the cost is often described or referred to in weight. I did once figure , by weight, if all the panels of a Corvette were made out of Carbon fiber, if it could be done, it really would not add more than a few thousand dollars to the cost of a car. If it could be done, or could it.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X