Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast Latest Corvette News

Wow....there is so much Corvette news coming out right now.   Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com joins your host, Steve Garrett to cover it all. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...e-2021-e12kai2  Check out some of the headlines below....
1.  GM Cancels June Allocation – 3000 status orders to be completed
2.  Chevrolet releases details and pricing on 2022 Corvette
3.  Chevrolet will offer a Corvette C8.R Special Edition for 2022
4.  2022 C8 Corvette Visualizer is now live
5.  Right-hand drive C8’s arrive in Japan and revealed at Fuji Speedway
6.  Ordering Opens in Australia and New Zealand
7.  GM still working out details for 2023 Racing Program
8.  Juan Pablo Montoya loves the Indy 500 pace car C8 Corvette!
9.  With C8 details out for 2022, the Z06 will most likely be a 2023 model
10.  Pre-owned Corvette pricing up 34% in the last year
...and there's lots more!  Don't miss this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.
See more
See less

C8 Interior Video Overview Materials Presentation By Tristan Murphy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Interior Video Overview Materials Presentation By Tristan Murphy

At the reveal, I had two presentations made to me by Tristan Murphy, C8 Lead Interior Designer, both while I was in the driver’s seat, e.g., the first
    his sitting in the passenger seat, the second one his kneeling outside the car. Here is a mini version of what he shared, for he shared with me of most of the interior’s components, albeit briefly.

When I think of the car today, invariably I am thinking of its interior. It is as if the interior is from a C9 — that it jumped/improved it from the C7’s two full generations. And of, are the GTS seat comfortable as so many have noted.

Tristan was so pleasant, so informative, and so knowledgeable in those two presentations, as summarized below in his overall interior materials commentary shared in the below video.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FC637715-7D0F-4EA5-8323-91A45E7E8E24.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1,011.9 KB ID:	54540

Click image for larger version  Name:	2072BB5F-D459-4B0C-9C37-C6D2F42D79F2.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	734.3 KB ID:	54545
    Last edited by John; 08-01-2019, 09:31 AM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

The row of switches, also so noted yesterday by Road & Track, are not intrusive at all. They are low; notice they are pretty near Tristan’s arm as he rests in his lap (first pic). Nor will we need to look over to the right to make the finite, while driving adjustments control, for I am sure that within a week they will all be instinctive, muscle memory. Also when I sat in the passenger seat, they did not create this “barrier” that shuts you out from the drivers.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I too think this interior is a homerun. A driver centric environment that has door armrests that are level with the center armrest height. I drove a friends Porsche Boxter and the armrests were a few inches out of level with each other and it felt wierd and created a out of position feel to the driver seat position. I also think the center row of buttons will become intuitive in a very short period of time and will actually be faster to control elements than sifting through layers of flat screen touch control.

Comment

You look right at home sitting in the driver's seat.
        1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
        2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

The video is a rich tan where the second picture has an almost yellow cast. Is either one close to actual color?

Comment

John, thank you for this great video! I am blown away by the interior of C8, it is as good if not better than my exotic Italians that cost 3-4 times as much.

I personally like the row of switches a lot, as it makes adjustment easier while driving. It also looks good and slick to me.

Comment

Originally posted by JustOneMore View Post
              The video is a rich tan where the second picture has an almost yellow cast. Is either one close to actual color?
              The “Natural” interior has no yellow in it. It is a pure tan. Very attractive, reminding me of some of the classic 1950 Ferrari and Jaguar interiors (not that I came close to owning either).

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

The “Natural” interior has no yellow in it. It is a pure tan. Very attractive, reminding me of some of the classic 1950 Ferrari and Jaguar interiors (not that I came close to owning either).
                This was the answer I was hoping for. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JustOneMore View Post

This was the answer I was hoping for. Thanks
                  Same here !! I had not realized it before, but the design of the climate control "wall" deprives the passenger of a center arm rest ... not sure my passenger will appreciate that.

Comment

The climate control component does not remove a passenger center arm resort, just like the “oh ****”” grab handle did not remove a center armrest on in the C7.

Click image for larger version  Name:	E7589E60-25FA-4191-82D8-DDEFE89B6369.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	137.3 KB ID:	54655Click image for larger version  Name:	DA8468A7-CDD9-4D50-9F85-192496A44BA5.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	228.9 KB ID:	54656
                    Last edited by John; 08-01-2019, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                      The climate control component does not remove a passenger center arm resort, just like the “oh ****”” grab handle did not remove a center armrest on in the C7.
                      Are you referring to the entire "wall" as the grab handle, or is that darker, shadowed area below the wall (in the gray interior) a grab handle?
                      Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Just saying that the C8 passenger has not their armrest access removed.

And nicely, as C8 LT2 & LT3 passengers will have the rear view mirror Panaray video system, their view behind the car with no be angled toward the driver’s side as with traditional rear view mirrors, they will now get a wonderful rear view for the first time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4AAD6AC7-AF9D-400E-8546-FD8BF19E7F93.jpeg
Views:	557
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	54664
                        Last edited by John; 08-01-2019, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Ah, my bad. I read your post as about the grab handle, not the armrest. Do you know if that area in deep shadow, on the passenger side of the "wall" is a grab handle?
                          Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Sorry meyerweb, but is not a grab handle.

Comment

Very nice! Thanks for sharing John!
                              Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X