C8 Stingray Underside and Exhaust Pics Taken Of Reveal Displays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Stingray Underside and Exhaust Pics Taken Of Reveal Displays

Nice to see visuals of the underside and the exhaust.

Thanks “C8 Jake” for taking these underside pictures for your pics were better than mine. Thanks and thumbs up to C8 Jake. How nice the oil filter removal is going to be.

Click image for larger version

Name:	53FC1000-9F04-4B39-A175-A0B08F4C7014.jpeg
Views:	2254
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	50654Click image for larger version

Name:	1BBCB373-6699-44F3-8CFC-9143C4D34A76.jpeg
Views:	2046
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	50655Click image for larger version

Name:	CFDF1C47-4127-4AE9-A6C0-56B461D67E16.jpeg
Views:	1823
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	50656

Thanks to “BahamaTodd” we have two exhaust cat, flex tube, and then rest of the exhaust. Nicely done Bahama Todd.

Click image for larger version

Name:	48717D95-5945-41E9-B687-5E1F6CA15F2B.jpeg
Views:	1642
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	50652Click image for larger version

Name:	500152BF-95FF-4936-AE7B-649281C993FE.jpeg
Views:	1625
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	50653
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Thanks. Do you think the oil filter area will also be covered up by a panel like the adjacent side? If so, I wonder if it will be easily removable for home maintenance?
    1999 Coupe - Black
    2002 Coupe - Millennium Yellow
    2008 Jaguar XKR - Liquid Silver

Comment

I’m sure GM will give 2 free oil changes like the C7. I stopped doing oil changes since all the cars I’ve owned includes them. Some for 6 years.
      2020 Blade Silver 2LT Z51 front lift ,mag ride ,black trident wheels and carbon fiber dash

Comment

That is one impressive piece of equipment!
        Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Looks great

Comment

Originally posted by Manta Ray View Post
            Thanks. Do you think the oil filter area will also be covered up by a panel like the adjacent side? If so, I wonder if it will be easily removable for home maintenance?
            In some post (forgot where in this fast moving forum) one of the Corvette guys was quoted as saying that there was a hole in the undertray panel to allow access to the oil filter.

I'm guessing they don't want some newb down at Kwiki-Lube sawing a rough hole into the panel to reach the filter like they've done to some poor Audi.
            Last edited by Klinn; 07-24-2019, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

In some post (forgot where in this fast moving forum) one of the Corvette guys was quoted as saying that there was a hole in the undertray panel to allow access to the oil filter.

I'm guessing they don't want some newb down at Kwiki-Lube sawing a rough hole into the panel to reach the filter like they've done to some poor Audi.
              Ah yes, that would make sense! Thanks for that information.
              1999 Coupe - Black
              2002 Coupe - Millennium Yellow
              2008 Jaguar XKR - Liquid Silver

Comment

Originally posted by Manta Ray View Post
                I have several questions as to the maintenance on this vehicle's engine pertaining to accessibility of certain components and where access panels are.

Comment

Clearly a cut away, but belly pans are just bolted on. I have a QuickJack and so I'll be under mine doing everything it needs. I do all the service on all our cars.

I remember on my AMG Mercedes it had full belly pans and a saddle bag shaped oil pan with two drain plugs and a 9 quart capacity. If you take it to a Mercedes dealer they suck the oil out of the pan and do 100% from the top never removing any pans at all. It was the lazy way out because when they sucked it out it left almost two quarts of dirty oil in the front saddle bag. I did my own, removed the pans and both drain plugs and actually did an oil change, not an oil dilution.
                  Last edited by Phil1098; 07-24-2019, 01:34 PM.

Comment

What a work of art ... the Corvette team did a wonderful job under the skin. Can't wait to see it in person!

Comment

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post

I have several questions as to the maintenance on this vehicle's engine pertaining to accessibility of certain components and where access panels are.
                      Some information here: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ray-lt2-vs-lt1
                      Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X