Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Today @ 09:40 AM Pacific Time - Scheduled Software Maintenance.

Scheduled forum software maintenance today at 9:40 Pacific Time on Tuesday May 24th, 2022

The site might experience a brief outage during this maintenance period.
2 of 2 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Really Like Its Splitter

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Really Like Its Splitter

    First a couple of pictures of the entry version without one.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	2B30602F-35E5-4601-B8E6-1069392E027B.jpeg
Views:	621
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	45964

    Click image for larger version  Name:	3A6179C3-3B8B-4B0F-8B51-F829F92029AB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.48 MB ID:	45963

    In comparison, the Z51 with its splitter.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	F5B70C7F-E43C-4638-9B81-BB9C2D9480DF.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	145.6 KB ID:	45960Click image for larger version  Name:	161C4B72-4AD5-43E1-99B0-3610AB90CE49.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	588.5 KB ID:	45961Click image for larger version  Name:	D06A66A1-471A-4D1C-B362-CA07D7F642D8.gif Views:	1 Size:	259.3 KB ID:	45962

    ​​​​​​Yours thoughts about the splitter?
    Last edited by John; 07-14-2019, 12:24 AM.
    Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

  • #2
    Extremely Like The Splitter ! Definitely in for that.
    Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

    Comment


    • #3
      The splitter is cool, no front lift and it literally becomes a splitter, this car is low👍

      ? Look at the rear wheel lugs in the 4th picture. Why are the centers hollow? It's been a while since I owned my 15 Z06 and all my other cars for reference are European which only use lug bolts, not lug nuts.

      Comment


      • #4
        I hope i can keep a splitter... looks good,

        l

        Comment


        • #5
          I like it as well. I don't care for the splitters that match the bumper cover indentations, I'd much rather have a simple smooth shape.

          Comment


          • #6
            100% Yes, that's the second option I check off right after I tick the box for Front End Lift. So I can keep it the way it came...One piece! LOL
            2020 C8 | 2LT | GKZ Torch Red | Z51 Performance Pckg | FE4 Mag Ride | J6F Red Caliper | C2Z Carbon Roof | AE4 Competition Seats | FA5 Carbon Interior | E60 Front Lift | ZZ3 Engine Appearance Pckg | 5ZU High Wing Spoiler | SPY Black Lug Nuts | 5JR Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps | VQK Front/Rear Splash Guards | RCC Red Engine Cover

            Comment


            • #7
              Like it - together with the lift

              Comment


              • #8
                I believe we will have a trifecta of goodness, the splitter, option E60 and individually adjustable coil-over shocks (which I will use within reason for height adjustment). Confirming the latter is one of my top five priority questions this Thursday.
                Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Fasttoys View Post
                  The splitter is cool, no front lift and it literally becomes a splitter, this car is low👍

                  ? Look at the rear wheel lugs in the 4th picture. Why are the centers hollow? It's been a while since I owned my 15 Z06 and all my other cars for reference are European which only use lug bolts, not lug nuts.
                  Good question about the lug nuts or lug bolts. Historically, GM likes lug bolts on Corvettes. This is another question on my list for four days from now. Specifically, I want to know three things. First, I want to know as to whether, and I believe the answer will be yes, just as the most powerful Camaro’s now come with 14MM X 1.5 lug nuts (instead of 12MM X 1.25 for the lesser ones and for all our C7’s), the C8’s will likewise make this lug nut size upgrade.

                  If so, this could well mean the wheel inside hole diameter has to increase to 17 or 18 MM. Lastly, in this area, will the C7’s jacking pad fit the C8, e.g., not just whether the oval chassis receiving hole is the same diameter and shape, but is the SMC around it set back enough so that the C7 jacking pads would again work.
                  Last edited by John; 07-14-2019, 01:27 PM.
                  Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    John, I’m thinking since the dealer specialty tools were kept to a minimum my guess is yes.

                    we will find out shortly
                    Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Best splitter picture yet. Can we say, aggressive!

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	09E63E74-53AD-46EA-9277-A24CAC62FD44.jpeg
Views:	360
Size:	712.3 KB
ID:	46226

                      Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by John View Post

                        Good question about the lug nuts or lug bolts. Historically, GM likes lug bolts on Corvettes. This is another question on my list for four days from now. Specifically, I want to know three things. First, I want to know as to whether, and I believe the answer will be yes, just as the most powerful Camaro’s now come with 14MM X 1.5 lug nuts (instead of 12MM X 1.25 for the lesser ones and for all our C7’s), the C8’s will likewise make this lug nut size upgrade.

                        If so, this could well mean the wheel inside hole diameter has to increase to 17 or 18 MM. Lastly, in this area, will the C7’s jacking pad fit the C8, e.g., not just whether the oval chassis receiving hole is the same diameter and shape, but is the SMC around it set back enough so that the C7 jacking pads would again work.
                        Lug bolts or lug nuts? Not sure about C6/C7, but before that all were lug nuts (studs in hub).

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The little black bits hanging down below the trailing edge of the splitter are intriguing. I wonder if they are some sort of "spats" used to manage airflow around the front tires?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by John View Post
                            Best splitter picture yet. Can we say, aggressive!

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	09E63E74-53AD-46EA-9277-A24CAC62FD44.jpeg
Views:	360
Size:	712.3 KB
ID:	46226
                            I love how the wheel tucks, some spacers and it'll have the perfect stance

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              ^ It looks great, but that is tucking due to the weight transfer while turning left. To get that look while static, you will need to lower.

                              Comment

                              MECF_728x90_bottom

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X