MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

*Build & Price Your C8 with Spreadsheet:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-msrp-incl-dfc
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide:https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...=21905&type=0#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c

Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

C8 Interior Color: Adrenaline Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally have never been a fan of red interiors, but the pics above are really not bad at all. I like the contrast and 2 tone to the seats. Just saw a Porsche this morning with similar contrasting seats and think this is a good move to make a nicer interior by Chevy.

Not sure how true it is but when I was looking at the C7, the salesman could tell I wasn't a big fan of the red interior and said he understood why I wanted the black interior. He said the red can sometimes bleed onto light color clothes. I can't imaging a leather seat bleeding through but it's just one of those things that I'll always remember. My C7 has a black interior and my C4 has the quartz blue interior.

Comment

This photo, courtesy of Gary Wells on Facebook, gives a pretty good idea of what's behind the seats.

Click image for larger version

Name:	behind seat capture.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	51684
      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
      >33,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Originally posted by Fireeagle View Post
        I personally have never been a fan of red interiors, but the pics above are really not bad at all. I like the contrast and 2 tone to the seats. Just saw a Porsche this morning with similar contrasting seats and think this is a good move to make a nicer interior by Chevy.

Not sure how true it is but when I was looking at the C7, the salesman could tell I wasn't a big fan of the red interior and said he understood why I wanted the black interior. He said the red can sometimes bleed onto light color clothes. I can't imaging a leather seat bleeding through but it's just one of those things that I'll always remember. My C7 has a black interior and my C4 has the quartz blue interior.
        We’ve never had ours bleed on our clothes but who knows.
        There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
        2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
        79 coupe Silver/oyster
        All one owner
        Museum lifetime members

Comment

A not smart salesperson. I have probably read over 100,000 C7 posts and never saw one in which an owner noted that issue.
          Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of NCM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fireeagle View Post

The leather in a C7 (and almost all other production cars other than really expensive exotics) is coated in polyurethane (plastic). The dye would have a real hard time getting through that.
            Last edited by meyerweb; 07-26-2019, 07:42 PM. Reason: spelling correction
            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
            >33,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

The leather in a C7 (and almost all other production cars other than really expensive exotics) is coated in polyurethane (plastic). The die would have a real hard time getting through that.
              Exactly...
              Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so

Comment

Probably no access from the passenger compartment to the engine bay for accessory serves...

you know...take out the seats and fold down the carpet on the back wall, turn a few bolts and get service access to the engine accessories etc..

not that Im not doing the services,,,just curious.
                Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT VK3 GKZ HTA

Comment

Thanks to jwstegbauer, we have this GT2 two tone red and black seat picture (TU9 ). Got us to change to this today, re what we earlier thought was a interior done-deal on another color. However, going to confirm at NCM 25th that this exactly what we will be getting on our customer cars (not an earlier “concept”).

Click image for larger version  Name:	BA7EBF7A-DCCC-4605-B71A-AE8AEEA58147.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	778.8 KB ID:	58794

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of NCM.

Comment

^^^ This is the EXACT interior I'm trying to configure with a 3LT trim Z51. I believe I spec it as a Red interior, then say TU7 ( two tone seats) and I want to be sure to get the red stitching 38S too. Looking at the C8 Printbook, it still looks confusing on getting the correct seats ( GT2) with the Adrenalin Red interior and red stitching.....

What you have pictured is just what we're after.

Comment

It took me a little to realize the two tone adrenaline seats vary based on whether you have 2LT or 3LT trim.

I prefer the look of the 3LT but since it will likely put me over where I want to be price-wise I will likely stick with 2LT and no TU7

Name:	Corvette Stingray 2020 (66).jpg
Views:	193
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	58888Click image for larger version

Name:	Corvette Stingray 2020 (65).jpg
Views:	191
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	58889
                      Attached Files

Comment

The only difference I see is the little strip of black between the upper and lower side bolsters. Is there anything else I'm missing?

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                        >33,000+ miles

Comment

This is a very fun version of "Spot the Difference"

The strap on the top of the seats to hold the seat belt in place is a different color between the 2LT and 3LT.

Also, if you follow that little black strip that you mentioned, you'll notice that the outward-facing sides of the upper bolsters are black on the 3LT.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar Roku View Post
                            This is a very fun version of "Spot the Difference"

The strap on the top of the seats to hold the seat belt in place is a different color between the 2LT and 3LT.

Also, if you follow that little black strip that you mentioned, you'll notice that the outward-facing sides of the upper bolsters are black on the 3LT.
                            Thanks. I bet 90% of buyers wouldn't notice either of those, and GM could save money with one standard two-tone upholstery. I think the red sides on the bolster actually looks better, but wouldn't choose a 2LT or 3LT based on these differences.

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                            >33,000+ miles

Comment

Not to get off topic here with the adrenaline red interior, but has anyone seen the neutral or natural color interior in person yet. Thinking about going with either the Torch Red or Long Beach Red exterior with the neutral or natural interior color when the Z06's become available. The C7 Kalahari looked too orange or unnatural for my taste. We're at the mercy of photo's right now, so it's difficult to base anything on those.

Comment

I have sat in the C8 with the Natural Dipped interior! It is opulent, to say the least. However, many of us wonder if there might be a reflection problem in the windscreen from the light colored dash of the Natural leather. Even though, the back of it, near the windshield, is black, there has been images showing the reflection. It's the owner's choice, however, and I'm simply trying to add information to the decision making process.

Name:	IMG_1508.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	2.61 MB
ID:	62460

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X