• Show
Clear All

• C8 Exterior Color: Accelerate Yellow Metallic

Click image for larger version

Name:	ADA696E1-BE77-4D78-990F-6B647368CAFD.jpeg
Views:	8557
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	49141
    Last edited by John; 07-21-2019, 02:57 PM.

Here's what I've been able to gather for AYM. First up, the screen from Chev's configuration app:

Click image for larger version  Name:	CorvetteC8-Colors-AYM-01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	142.0 KB ID:	47979

Looks kind of like what John's wife was describing, huh? A yellow heading towards green, sort of similar to the Shock color used on the current Camaro.

But here's some screen captures from this video with Brett Golliff, the Corvette Color and Trim Design Manager. Quite a difference huh?

Click image for larger version  Name:	CorvetteC8-Colors-AYM-02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.7 KB ID:	47980

Click image for larger version  Name:	CorvetteC8-Colors-AYM-03.jpg Views:	0 Size:	179.5 KB ID:	47981

Click image for larger version  Name:	CorvetteC8-Colors-AYM-04.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.1 KB ID:	47982

Click image for larger version  Name:	CorvetteC8-Colors-AYM-05.jpg Views:	0 Size:	151.2 KB ID:	47983

Click image for larger version  Name:	CorvetteC8-Colors-AYM-06.jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.6 KB ID:	47984

Click image for larger version  Name:	CorvetteC8-Colors-AYM-07.jpg Views:	0 Size:	175.3 KB ID:	47985

In the video, Brett Golliff specifically mentions about shifting the yellow away from the reddish influence as seen on the current C7.R cars to a yellow with more blue-ish tones. Well, if you add blue to yellow, you get green!

I'm not thrilled with what I've seen so far, but as always, color representation can change a lot in a video. Hope we soon see real shots taken outdoors in both sunny and cloudy conditions.

Edit: There's another comparison shot of all colors in ABorC's master color thread.
    Last edited by Klinn; 07-19-2019, 11:48 AM.

Comment

If it's your cup of tea, fine, but I think it's hideous. And it looks like the yellow calipers are the same shade, so it you were thinking of yellow calipers with your blue or gray (or whatever) C8, you probably want to think again.

Another one-year color, I suspect.
      Last edited by meyerweb; 07-19-2019, 02:27 PM.
      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
      >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I'm with you Meyer. Feels a little like the old C4 Competition Yellow which was not great IMHO. I miss Mil Yellow. For yellow, that was a great color.

Comment

Will have to see it in person before I pass any judgement as we can tell already it is going to be one of those colors where light has a severe effect on how it's perceived. Probably will look entirely different in the day as opposed to dusk or night.
          Rocket City Florida

Comment

Yeah, I gotta see this in person as well, it can easily be considered green in the configurator view. I wonder why they have to continually tinker with yellow.

Mark

- Just when you think you can't dig your hole any deeper, they throw the shovel in at you -

Comment

considering it because of configurator, but need to see in person. was hoping for more green like in the safety "yellow" i wear on construction sites. we are debating between this with yellow stiching and the rapid blue with the blue two tone. we are thinking this car would be a good one to have fun with the color on. But i may punk out and just go black... again and have an always dirty car that looks great for mere moments at a time.

Also I just noticed it is a premium color.
              Last edited by TOMDOM69; 07-20-2019, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Shadow asked for someone to post comparisons of the black vs. body color rear vents. John asked me to move them to the color threads:

Name:	AY - black.jpg
Views:	4916
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	49296

Name:	AY - AY.jpg
Views:	4896
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	49297
                SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Name:	Corvette Stingray 2020 (4).jpg
Views:	5666
Size:	171.0 KB
ID:	49344Click image for larger version  Name:	Corvette Stingray 2020 (3).jpg Views:	1 Size:	182.0 KB ID:	49332
                  Last edited by Frenzy36; 07-21-2019, 07:47 PM.
                  Rocket City Florida

Comment

With the right pearl in it would look great. I personally think it might be too exotic for the corvette. I get they are trying to get a younger audience.The camaro is god awful looks some where in between a tennis ball and a highlighter.

Comment

That is the key question, is Accelerate enough different from the 2019 Bolt and Camaro’s SHOCK color, to be good for more than a few?

Only time will tell, but having seen Accelerate myself, and now loving our Velocity Yellow, sad to say but an Accelerate Yellow C8 is not in our future.
                      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Agreed John. What is #2 on your list so far?

Comment

Porsche and McLaren put out some pretty exotic colors. Maybe GM is going after some of those buyers?

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                            Shadow asked for someone to post comparisons of the black vs. body color rear vents. John asked me to move them to the color threads:

Name:	AY - black.jpg
Views:	4916
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	49296

Name:	AY - AY.jpg
Views:	4896
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	49297
                            That’s a tough choice. Both look good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by C7Redneck View Post

That’s a tough choice. Both look good to me.
                              How about this angle?

Click image for larger version  Name:	yellow - black 3-4 Corvette Stingray 2020.jpg Views:	0 Size:	132.4 KB ID:	49768

Click image for larger version  Name:	yellow - yellow Corvette Stingray 2020.jpg Views:	0 Size:	132.4 KB ID:	49769
                              I like the bars in the front grills yellow, but not sure I like the gap between the blade and vent on the side in the all yellow version.

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                              >36,000 miles

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X