MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

C8 Exterior Color: Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John View Post
    I went to the dark side during my seven different colors in seven days (now down to less than that), and was thinking black. Went to a Cars-n-Coffee last Saturday and there was a 19 mile C7 there. It was beyond glorious, and just stared at it. Then came in two more black C7’s. One was a C6; one was a couple years old. Both looked fantastic from 20’. But when I got up close, and one had literally been re-detailed, CQuartz’d by my professional detailer just the week before, every single rock scuff was still visible. Then an hour later the wind came up, dust all over, and even the 19 mile black C7, looked less than beautiful. With our doing lots of road trips, I quickly left black as a possible C8 color for us. We prefer driving to cleaning, e.g., bye bye black for us.
    Having a black corvette that I daily drive and always gets complements for being clean and looking brand new....

not getting black on a c8 is not a terrible decision...

very pleased with getting a black corvette once .....

wash and waxing once a week is a reality daily driver or not. I have the wash and spray wax down to 12 minutes flat and it makes owning and driving 12k miles a year in a clean black vette easy...I will say Ive learned to understand perfection is over rated and unwarranted when owning a black corvette ...(95 percent clean becomes a really good way to travle and most can never see the missing 5 percent) if you are one of those who demand a higher percentage passing on a black c8 makes a lot of sense..

white is stunning...which is tempting...literally IMO the easiest color to own and maintain and it looks so pure...while white is not always the easiest to photograph in person..its often the most stunning ...it is both elegant and sophisticated yet white is also very young racy color .

having owned so many silver cars over my lifetime....silver is excellent to keep looking clean ...the metallic hides a little dust etc quite well...some say silver is easiest to keep yet having owned many white and silver cars over the past four decades...id say white is easier...

Sensual body sculpting of the c8 sides really does make me want to see the vehicles in as many colors in person if possible,...the official tent reveals around the country are recommended to go to...in person the 3 dimensional curving of the SMC is even more stunning than in the 2 dimensional photographs..

I recently watched a slow motion walk around of the c8 and for the first time on a flat screen computer did I get the same feeling as I did when I saw the c8 in person...

the side curves and shapes are amazing ..
    Last edited by JB; 08-03-2019, 05:07 AM.
    Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

I owned one black Corvette. For me, having a black car is like owning the poster child for swirl marks. I just won't put the time into it that's required. Even when I was getting compliments on how as new it looked, my eyes just went to the 87 flaws I could see, plus it was only clean for 12 minutes before you could see dust on it. I have owned nothing but white cars for many years. They are cooler in the heat (by a mile), they virtually hide any minor flaw, and they always clean up brand new. A buddy of mine has always had white Corvettes and he has a friend that says, you're paying for a color, why don't you get one.

Comment

New Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	386A0D4B-D2CF-4733-AD03-C87158B51AB2.jpeg
Views:	5338
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	57762Click image for larger version

Name:	0C057FC6-B0CD-4893-9FB0-6B9B8D8FD494.jpeg
Views:	5410
Size:	249.5 KB
ID:	57763

Comment

The above would look great with some nice chrome rims. Bright silver just doesn't cut it.

Comment

New Ceramic Matrix Gray pictures thanks to ZeroDark30. In wonderful Ron Fellows Spring Mountain livery.

Click image for larger version  Name:	498ED12D-8B07-4279-A760-0E6AB4395E31.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	130.5 KB ID:	62513Click image for larger version  Name:	FF38F05C-180A-43CE-9C68-85AA9CCB5BF1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	152.4 KB ID:	62514Click image for larger version  Name:	957922A2-708E-42DE-9AD8-0313D0D5C280.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	143.0 KB ID:	62515
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I'm still not 100% decided on colour yet. In thinking about CGM I'm not crazy about the blade in black. Reminds me too much of my least favourite Audi A8 feature.

So how about body colour? What do others think?

Name:	Screenshot 2019-08-25 at 11.33.16 AM - Edited.png
Views:	3290
Size:	760.4 KB
ID:	63838
              2020 C8 Corvette ....DOB 02/03/2020.... VIN L5100026
              Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
              2LT, Z51 + MRC
              Spectra Grey Tridents
              Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

Residing in sunny Niagara, Ontario.

I'm a Rat and so is my car! (a reference to the Chinese astrological calendar).

Comment

Sorry but the silver wheels don't work for me with the Ceramic Grey. Needs black wheels or aftermarket colored wheels.

The spectra grey trident wheels are better but they still clash IMO.

Disclaimer: I have not seen this color combo in person!

Comment

Originally posted by electroVette View Post
                  Sorry but the silver wheels don't work for me with the Ceramic Grey. Needs black wheels or aftermarket colored wheels.

The spectra grey trident wheels are better but they still clash IMO.

Disclaimer: I have not seen this color combo in person!
                  Actually those are the spectra grey wheels. That's how the configurator shows them.

But what about body colour vs black scoops??
                  2LT, Z51 + MRC
                  Spectra Grey Tridents

Comment

I like the understated look of body colored exterior assets. I especially like the body colored rear vents! My chosen calipers will be black to continue this concept. I am most interested in making the car comfortable, fast and attractive to a wide variety of viewers.

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 11.27.23 AM.png
Views:	2596
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	63897
                    Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_11103.png Views:	3 Size:	1.07 MB ID:	63900 Here's a reverse angle! It's my belief that the Ultra Bright Trident Spokes put the emphasis back on the wheels after the black calipers (versus Edge Red) remove it. Keeping in mind that when one orders the Z51 package it's my understanding that the caliper no longer says, Corvette, but it then says, Z51. Or maybe the Z51 is added to the Corvette?
                      Last edited by ltomn; 08-25-2019, 02:30 PM. Reason: Clarity

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post
                        I'm still not 100% decided on colour yet. In thinking about CGM I'm not crazy about the blade in black. Reminds me too much of my least favourite Audi A8 feature.

So how about body colour? What do others think?

Name:	Screenshot 2019-08-25 at 11.33.16 AM - Edited.png
Views:	3290
Size:	760.4 KB
ID:	63838

I have CGM 2019 GS you will love the color, I would suggest blade in carbon and carbon wheels/mirrors/spoiler..... looks best with dark/carbon contrast !

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by ARMD009 View Post

I have CGM 2019 GS you will love the color, I would suggest blade in carbon and carbon wheels/mirrors/spoiler..... looks best with dark/carbon contrast !

Good luck!
                          Like this?

I'm pondering.

Name:	Screenshot 2019-08-25 at 4.20.08 PM - Edited.png
Views:	2527
Size:	695.0 KB
ID:	63916

2LT, Z51 + MRC
                          Spectra Grey Tridents

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post

Like this?

I'm pondering.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2019-08-25 at 4.20.08 PM - Edited.png Views:	6 Size:	695.0 KB ID:	63916

This car looks great in ALL colors.... I have black calipers as there is a "hint" of grey/blue flakes in the paint. Go look at C7 on the dealer lot, same color.

Good advice is ceramic coating day one and there is a lot up upkeep with this color but worth it in my opinion.

Looks special in direct sunlight and every better at night!

When you park next to Arctic white you can really see the difference.

I have owned both AW and CGM..... very different colors.

GOOD LUCK! and CONGRATS!

Comment

After starting to like it, I'm now seeing that there does not seem to be a single CGM C7 in Canada at the moment. I'm going to ask my sales guru whatsup.
                              2LT, Z51 + MRC
                              Spectra Grey Tridents

Comment

What I ordered .............. Calipers are Edge Red More of a subdued color redClick image for larger version  Name:	Corvette Stingray 2020 (9).jpg Views:	0 Size:	130.2 KB ID:	63987
                                Last edited by MikeyTX; 08-25-2019, 08:30 PM.
                                2021 2LT SGM Adrenaline Red w/Blk Sueded Seating Surfaces and Steering Wheel Edge Red Calipers/Engine Cover Spectra Gray Wheels Carbon Flash Stripes Current drive: '17 Arctic White Z06 2LZ Convertible. Corvette Museum Life Member . Red White and Booze ........ TX, It's A Whole 'Nother Country !

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X