MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

C8 Exterior Color: Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Exterior Color: Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic

Click image for larger version

Name:	406BD952-EEC4-4DF7-97CB-C81B8AC0A3BB.jpeg
Views:	11210
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	49140
    Last edited by John; 07-21-2019, 02:57 PM.

This should be the first spotted C8 in Ceramic Matrix Gray.

Source: centennial.c6 @IG

Name:	centennial.c6_66313634_2492889050775399_6739203594386720836_n.jpg
Views:	8958
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	54469

Comment

One of the two C8's presented at the Concours d'Elegance of America was finished in Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic. (Could they have made the name any longer? Sheesh. )

There are several threads showing the car, including a video in addition to pics, e.g. here and here. Looks pretty sweet!

Name:	fetch?id=52271&d=1564258715.jpg
Views:	10267
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	54495

Comment

For those that were at this event, in person, does this look like a pearl white or does it really look gray? All the pictures make it look white to me.

Comment

Ceramic Matrix Gray isn't a new color and has been available on the C7 since 2018.

Photos courtesy of Corvetteblogger and Kerbeck.

Arctic White, Ceramic Matrix Gray, Blade Silver.

Name:	062117_17b.jpg
Views:	6137
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	54517

Name:	062117_7b.jpg
Views:	8174
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	54518

Name:	062117_8b.jpg
Views:	7320
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	54519

Name:	062117_9b.jpg
Views:	6301
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	54520

Name:	062117_10b.jpg
Views:	6883
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	54521

1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
          2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Thanks for posting that comparison, makes the differences much clearer. :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post
              Thanks for posting that comparison, makes the differences much clearer. :thumbsup:
              +10000 Couldn't agree more!

Comment

This color is just cryin' out for the two tone blue interior with matching blue calipers. Guess we'll need to go aftermarket for the calipers.

Comment

This color still amazes me. It looks soooo good and shiny in some pictures, but in others is looks so flat almost like it's in old school grey primer.. The one... yes 1.... that ever saw in person at a dealership looked flat. It sold in less than a month before I had a chance to really look up close on a sunny day. The config always makes it look really shiny and an almost blueish tint to a more white color. Wonder if the new paint shop is doing something different or if the ones that really shine have protective film and a ceramic coating?

Comment

I saw someone driving a Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic in Naples, FL recently and it was stunning! Loved it...

Comment

I think Sandyslu just found color of their C8.
                      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                        I think Sandyslu just found color of their C8.
                        Lol John...I would order that color in a heartbeat, but husband and I agreed on Arctic White.

Comment

I think it would be a great match with the sky cool gray interior (two tone of course) which is my favorite 2LT interior.

I think it is going into my Rapid blue, accelerate yellow, and black debate, after seeing it in person at concours.

I would really like to see rapid blue, yellow and black in person before I order/have to make My decision.

Comment

I went to the dark side during my seven different colors in seven days (now down to less than that), and was thinking black. Went to a Cars-n-Coffee last Saturday and there was a 19 mile C7 there. It was beyond glorious, and just stared at it. Then came in two more black C7’s. One was a C6; one was a couple years old. Both looked fantastic from 20’. But when I got up close, and one had literally been re-detailed, CQuartz’d by my professional detailer just the week before, every single rock scuff was still visible. Then an hour later the wind came up, dust all over, and even the 19 mile black C7, looked less than beautiful. With our doing lots of road trips, I quickly left black as a possible C8 color for us. We prefer driving to cleaning, e.g., bye bye black for us.
                            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

A friend called black “a second job”.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X