MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

*Build & Price Your C8 with Spreadsheet:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-msrp-incl-dfc
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide:https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...=21905&type=0#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c

Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

C8 Exterior Color: Shadow Gray Metallic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is two massively different colors IMO (and in my wife’s opinion too). It looks so different in direct sun versus shade, cloudy or slightly dirty. Since this color can be seen on about 1/3 of 2019 Corvettes, may I suggest you take a road trip, no matter how long and see it both in sun and in shade.

If we could get a guarantee of it only being in full sunlight 100% of the time, this would have been our C8 color.
    Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of NCM.

Comment

Yes, I am planning to go by a Chevy dealer today, they have stingrays and Z06s in shadow gray.
      C8, Z51, 3LT, Shadow Gray, Dipped Natural. Status 1100

Comment

Originally posted by N4SPEED View Post
        Since blade silver has constraint, I am thinking to go with another color. Shadow gray looks nice. It seems to me that it has some blue tint.
        I've done what you are doing which is to go look at some cars in this colour. It's really a blue-tinted version of Watkins Glen Grey. It's a quiet colour and I think suits the C8. In the shade it can just look grey. Needs sunlight as John says, to really look good.

Comment

This is the color I am ordering 3LT with red interior

Comment

I saw it on a 19 Stingray. Nice, but it's not for me. I am now considering black or white.

Update: I went by another dealer with several C7 in Shadow Gray. 3 outside in sunlight and a ZR1 inside the show room. When it is in sunlight you will see the blue tint and it looks great. The one Inside the showroom, looks almost like Watkins Glen Grey.

I ordered my C8 in Shadow Gray.
            Last edited by N4SPEED; 08-16-2019, 04:22 PM.
            C8, Z51, 3LT, Shadow Gray, Dipped Natural. Status 1100

Comment

That's the color for my new ride. It is close to Night Race Blue which is my C7 color which looks great with my Kalahari interior. I am thinking red calipers this time to match the valve covers !!

Click image for larger version

Name:	631395B6-5AF1-4387-9F33-614707D4E0F3.jpeg
Views:	250
Size:	278.7 KB
ID:	59553

Comment

centerpunch, your moral is absolutely correct, and I would widen it to include everyone’s color choice — even the lighter ones.

Comment

Originally posted by centerpunch
                  My first choice was silver, with body-color trim so the boomerangs blend in. The I noticed that if you choose body color trim, the rear vents are also painted silver, which to me looks terrible.

Then I decided on shadow grey with the standard trim color. All the vents and scoops blend in.

Then I went to a dealer on a very sunny day and looked at a shadow gray C7. Even in direct sun, it is VERY dark, almost a metallic black. On a cloudy day I think most people would assume it is black.

Too dark for me.

Now I am back to silver with body-color trim, except I will paint the rear vents black after I get the car.

The moral of the story is: Unless you like metallic black, be sure to view this color in person before finalizing your order!
                  Hi, Centerpunch. You might also think about this option - order the car in without the body color trim - it will save you $1000.00, and get a couple of pints of blade silver paint from your dealer. You can then likely get a body shop to spray your “boomerangs” for a lot less $$$ than getting the body colored trim. These look like really easy parts to mask off and re-paint.

Comment

Originally posted by centerpunch
                    I thought about that, but worried about matching the silver exactly.
                    It might be interesting if the scoop trim didn't match exactly. Since it's a separate design element, maybe make it a slightly darker shade of silver. Highlights it being a separate piece, but it's not so different that it interrupts the flow of the character lines along the side of the car.

Just thinkin' out loud here.

Comment

Anyone have any numbers on how well SGM has been selling on C7's? Seeing my sales guy next week and I'm going to ask. He ordered a ton of them in for stock earlier in the year.

Comment

As and you shall receive, thanks to the excellence of CorvetteBlogger.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F55C80A2-1536-4A77-A98B-12614CB8F9DA.jpeg
Views:	186
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	59972

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2018...gh-august-1st/

Comment

Oy, down at the bottom. Like Night Race Blue was as well. Hope some dark metallic color is on the order sheet for MY 2021 or 2022.

Comment

I guess if we add the greys we get to 12%, or 4th place. I'm a little surprised that SGM is so low down. It only came out part way through the MY right?

On that list we have

1. Whites - 25%
                            2. Reds - 20%
                            3. Black - 18%
                            4. Greys - 12%
                            5. Orange - 11%

The only surprise there to me is the orange in 5th.

In your recent poll here we had:

1. Reds - 32%
                            2. Blues - 25%
                            3. Bronze - 13%
                            4. Whites - 12%
                            5. Black - 6%

So, for this forum's members at least, Blue is a hit. I must say that I don't recall seeing a single blue C7 around. Is Blue making a comeback maybe?

Comment

Shadow Gray was introduced at the Bash in 2018 - I think it was a new color for 2019. 2% is a very low take rate - I doubt it will go beyond 2020, although I see it on a number of other Chevy models (Malibu, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by dcbingaman View Post
                                Shadow Gray was introduced at the Bash in 2018 - I think it was a new color for 2019. 2% is a very low take rate - I doubt it will go beyond 2020, although I see it on a number of other Chevy models (Malibu, etc.)
                                It was available together with WGG, so I blended them together for 12% or 4th place, similar to MY 2018 but down from 18% in MY 2017.

I'll be asking my sales guy's advice on colour since in my case I may decide to flip my order to a convertible, so if my coupe is in production I don't want to have an orphan colour on my hands that no one down the list is going to want.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X