MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official 7.18.19 Livestream Reveal URL Site! Tustin Reveal Site Updates & Weather. Watch The Reveal on Your TV Using A Windows Laptop

7.18.19 Official Livestream URL Site: https://media.chevrolet.com/nextgenCorvette

7.18.19 Tustin Updates and Weather: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ather-forecast

Watch The Reveal On Your TV Using a Windows Laptop: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...windows-laptop
See more
See less

-- new C8 Stingray Interior pics --

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R is between P and N, it's just angled differently.
    1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
    2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

GM has filed a potential.C8 patent that includes sensors reading pavement height. You could well be spot on.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-granted-to-gm
      Oh that im buying if at all possible...i just dropped 1200 on a lower support replacement ...

might as well be proactive this time around...

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttoys View Post

I called the largest dealer in the south in my area which is about 18 miles from my house. They confirmed it’s here in Texas on the 26th.
        Be an honor to meet you there Fasttoys!
        2017 TR GS 2LT

Comment

Originally posted by Maxster View Post

Do you mean Classic Chevrolet?
          Yes Classic on July 26. Was a separate thread on these locations. Let's do a MECF meetup and go see them.
          Last edited by John; 07-12-2019, 08:27 AM. Reason: C8 display date there turned out to be a singular one, just Friday, July 26th.
          2017 TR GS 2LT

Comment

Until we get a GM official release that they promised a week from today on the 125+ dealership locations where the C8 display will be at, we are tracking individual “dealership location knowns” on this sticky thread:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...play-locations
            Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Thank you smoove7410. This shape of wheel has evolved for two key reasons — both of which center on its functionality! First they are wide to get the best possible view of ever-more-info-providing, wider IP’s, and second with an ME having a very short hood — which nicely gives up fantastic forward vision especially apexes when we are corner carving, the top of the steering wheel needs to be flat so as to not reduce an ME’s forward view.

As we know the flattened bottom wheel also came from functional reasons. First, it made it easier for race car drivers to switch out and in during pit stops (in sports car series), and second, the growing average girth of Americans, it resulted in fewer bellies running against the bottom of the steering wheels and for so many of us, easier getting into and out of the car for daily use — any why the C7 introduced a flat bottomed steering wheel.

I vote for functionality as opposed to shapes we have become used to.
              Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

I wasn't sure I would like the flat bottom steering wheel in my C7 but it was great and became second nature. Now it is strange to get in my C5 with the round one.
                1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
                2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Ripper View Post

Hey... quit crushing my Kalahari dreams will ya?
                  I sure would like a Kalahari interior to go with my Elkhart Lake Blue exterior.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

I believe that this is the new “Natural” color we saw first in the leaked Jalopnik specs.
                    I hope so. ELB Metallic/ Natural is my choice!! Can’t wait.

Comment

C8 Steering wheel confirmed.
                      Attached Files

Comment

One thing I want to see in person is the steering wheel. It appears in the pictures that the open space at the top of the steering wheel, above the airbag and reverse "V" controls, makes it look disproportionate to the bottom section. But again, this may just be because of the photo's to date.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherd777 View Post
                          How does one back up??? There is no "R" in the PRNDL, now PNDM.
                          You can see the reverse button here:
                          Attached Files

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X