MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official 7.18.19 Livestream Reveal URL Site! Tustin Reveal Site Updates & Weather. Watch The Reveal on Your TV Using A Windows Laptop

7.18.19 Official Livestream URL Site: https://media.chevrolet.com/nextgenCorvette

7.18.19 Tustin Updates and Weather: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ather-forecast

Watch The Reveal On Your TV Using a Windows Laptop: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...windows-laptop
See more
See less

-- new C8 Stingray Interior pics --

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was talking to a very knowledgable person on the forum today and we had a deep discussion about the Z button on the C8 steering wheel. This is an educated guess only: We think it could be a mode button which is basically a favorite button. You would put all your performance parameters in the menu settings through the NAV/large screen on the center counsel. Then set your most favorite setting to the Z button. Example: Stiff suspension, loud exhaust & aggressive fast DCT shifts. Then while cruising, or even at the track, you tap the Z button to go instantly to your favorite settings.

I attached two pictures below.

My BMW M3 has a similar button on the right side of the steering wheel called the M-button. Then a round dial in the center counsel called I-Drive, which navigates you through menus in the Nav-screen & car performance, radio and other features. The I-Drive will be similar to what you see in the C8 center counsel to navigate through the NAV/Radio, Climate control, performance setting, interior lighting modes & so on. You still have a finger/thumb controller on the right side of the steering wheel that can run you through these menus.

BMW M Button: Technically speaking, the M button is a memory function that stores and recalls certain sets of BMW driving preferences. From the full-throttle of the revving horsepower to the smooth sail of the aerodynamic controls, the M button can remember and recall your preferred drive settings instantly instead of going through the slow process of I-drive.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Fasttoys; 07-11-2019, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripper View Post
      That middle button looks like the front of a car approaching a curb... My guess is this is the front end lift and or camera view button.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	c8 dash button 2.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	507.5 KB
ID:	45311
      great find!

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttoys View Post
        I was talking to a very knowledgable person on the forum today and we had a deep discussion about the Z button on the C8 steering wheel. This is an educated guess only: We think it could be a mode button which is basically a favorite button. You would put all your performance parameters in the menu settings through the NAV/large screen on the center counsel. Then set your most favorite setting to the Z button. Example: Stiff suspension, loud exhaust & aggressive fast DCT shifts. Then while cruising, or even at the track, you tap the Z button to go instantly to your favorite settings.

I attached two pictures below.

My BMW M3 has a similar button on the right side of the steering wheel called the M-button. Then a round dial in the center counsel called I-Drive, which navigates you through menus in the Nav-screen & car performance, radio and other features. The I-Drive will be similar to what you see in the C8 center counsel to navigate through the NAV/Radio, Climate control & so on. Technically speaking, the M button is a memory function that stores and recalls certain sets of BMW driving preferences. From the full-throttle of the revving horsepower to the smooth sail of the aerodynamic controls, the M button can remember and recall your preferred drive settings instantly instead of going through the slow process of I-drive.
        Logical explanation and most likely accurate. Too bad it wasn't ZeeBoost Buttonz

Comment

Thank you Fasttoys. Very helpful explanation. I was talking to Keith Cornett/CorvetteBlogger a few minutes ago, and in describing the “Z” button I used the phrase “steroidal settings.” So for me it would, having already pre-set it with the “mouse control,” my Z setting would be: loudest exhaust, tightest steering, stiffest shocks, and now with a DCT, setting the quickest possible gear changes (throw me back into my seat the hardest).

BIG FUN ahead with my “Z” button. There’s the tribute to Zora. BTW, how many are aware that Zora raced at LeMans 4 different times, set the Pikes Peak record in a sedan (back in a 1956 Chevy), and similar racing accomplishments, i.e., he was a true racer, not just a fantastic engineer.
          Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

So I have a question for those of you who are not retired please...

Are you getting a **** thing done at work today?

If your boss has noticed, tell him/her not to worry, for you are going to be doing a hell of lot less each successive day right through the 19th.
            Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              So I have a question for those of you who are not retired please...

Are you getting a **** thing done at work today?

If your boss has noticed, tell him/her not to worry, for you are going to be doing a hell of lot less each successive day right through the 19th.
              Define “retired” and the answer is not much lol

Comment

Not only I am not retired, working a 150 million dollar book of business & looking for another new gig. I like to stay busy, I did cancel a few business trips, one for the 18th & one for the week of the 26th as the C8 will be in my town.
                Last edited by Fasttoys; 07-14-2019, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Close up of center console shows us that the leather covered mouse says “mode”.

Name:	A3969E84-B9E8-466E-A063-F86CBDE7A7F4.jpeg
Views:	241
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	45334

Comment

If you missed an earlier thread with other interior pictures:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...rior-uncovered

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                      Close up of center console shows us that the leather covered mouse says “mode”.

Click image for larger version  Name:	A3969E84-B9E8-466E-A063-F86CBDE7A7F4.jpeg Views:	14 Size:	35.1 KB ID:	45334
                      How long has carscoops had these pics? They provided the pics in the original leak right?

btw, John you’re doing a great job with this forum! Keeping it mature, interesting and fun.
                      Thanks!

Comment

2 possibilities for that Z button...

Name:	200.gif
Views:	223
Size:	795.3 KB
ID:	45345

Name:	ImaginativeUnfortunateItaliangreyhound-size_restricted.gif
Views:	211
Size:	941.0 KB
ID:	45346

Comment

The c8 wheel looks weird. Not a deal killer but these photos look strange.

the interior looks nice otherwise...although i prefer black interiors over white for practicality...

the white or color shown looks great but I couldnt live with it ...

exciting choices with all the colors being discussed.

Comment

has anybody figured out what the far right button is that is forward of the mode dial?

Comment

Originally posted by electroVette View Post
                              Hopefully GM copied BMW's "M" button when they designed the "Z" button. The driver can customize the "M" button for any mix of steering, suspension, throttle, transmission, and exhaust settings.

Hopefully we get at least two customized "Zora" sets that we can select by repeatedly pressing the "Z" button. I'd like one set for cruising and one for twisty back roads.

Funny thing, I cannot find the start button in any of the C8 interior shots. I see what looks like a power button for the infotainment system but no ignition button.
                              I guessing the start button is in the same spot it is now, blocked by the steering wheel. If they are trying to be cool, it could be underneath the mouse thing in the center of the drive mode dial. so you would have to lift the front of the mouse looking thing up to access it. that would get old quick BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttoys View Post
                                one for the week of the 26th of July as the C8 will be in my town.
                                How do you know when the C8 will come to a dealership near you?

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X