MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official 7.18.19 Livestream Reveal URL Site! Tustin Reveal Site Updates & Weather. Watch The Reveal on Your TV Using A Windows Laptop

7.18.19 Official Livestream URL Site: https://media.chevrolet.com/nextgenCorvette

7.18.19 Tustin Updates and Weather: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ather-forecast

Watch The Reveal On Your TV Using a Windows Laptop: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...windows-laptop
See more
See less

Chazcron Door Closeup and Other C8 Renderings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chazcron Door Closeup and Other C8 Renderings

More C8 visualization, this time starting with a close up of the door and scope details, than the latest front and rear views. Thank you very Chazcron for your expertise.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4293102F-4AE8-4031-ACE0-966282C20BB7.jpeg
Views:	2417
Size:	273.1 KB
ID:	44981

Name:	1309A767-3533-40AF-8865-DE2570565DDF.jpeg
Views:	705
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	44982

Name:	D82B2143-819B-4926-920D-EBAAD9F7DFAF.jpeg
Views:	686
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	44983

Last edited by John; 07-09-2019, 11:03 PM.
    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Very cool! Thanks Chazcron! Any news on why it was decided to change the front fascia a bit from the last render like this one?
    Attached Files

Comment

Interesting door detail. I guess it will work out fine but want to see it and try it myself.

Comment

Cool door remdering

Comment

Looks Like New Money

Comment

I like the lower light-catcher of the inlet vent of that door rendering. Shorter, wider. Flows better aerodynamically and aesthetically.

But, I just don't think that GM would have that shark's tooth on the door, protruding out that far at its rear. Can you imaging being distracted at the gas pump, turning around to get into the car, and walking into the rear of that shark's tooth that right at groin level? Ouch! It looks cool, but....

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherd777 View Post
              Can you imaging being distracted at the gas pump, turning around to get into the car, and walking into the rear of that shark's tooth that right at groin level? Ouch! It looks cool, but....
              Imagine that..........better not hahaha

Comment

Nice Chaz ... thx. I personally like this render and hope it it's close. I'm not sure the side scoop is going to be as boxy looking. The camo cars all have that design cue, but it might be to throw us off. I obviously don't know

Comment

Originally posted by CornerCarver99 View Post
                  Very cool! Thanks Chazcron! Any news on why it was decided to change the front fascia a bit from the last render like this one?
                  Maybe because it looks 100% better blacked out?

Comment

Originally posted by JustOneMore View Post

Blacked out looks 100x better

Comment

Lots of surface excitement on that open door..

you never know....i think the body material does lend itself to a lot of design freedoms

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post

you never know....i think the body material does lend itself to a lot of design freedoms
                        Yes. You could use a 3D printer to build your own.

Won’t we all be surprised when there is no big hunk on the door....😎
                        Last edited by Meldoon; 07-10-2019, 08:44 AM.
                        The least we can do is wave to each other

Comment

Originally posted by JustOneMore View Post

I actually liked the way it looked colored. You can see how the air flows around the car then in a way. Just looked aerodynamic IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post

Thanks JB. One of the massive advantages of SMC (sheet molded compound). Weight is far from the only reason why most OEM’s are increasing using it in part or whole of their vehicles.
                            Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

IMO Just can't imagine the door having that overhang... not in production models.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X