MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Site Maintenance

Scheduled maintenance will occur at around 07:00 PM Pacific Time on Wednesday August 21st, 2019
See more
See less

real c8 uncovered rear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully OK to post this here John, but of course move it elsewhere if this is not the write place. Took me longer than I had hoped to make this video. Looks like I've covered a chunk of what's in this thread.
    Weekly sports car news
    https://www.youtube.com/revmatchtv

Comment

• Absolutely nothing new in this photo. We can't even see the side scoop.

Comment

• Originally posted by fvs View Post
        The opening for the brake light is built into the rear fascia. I think the coupe and vert use the same fascia.

The brake light is directly below the "mail slot" in the spoiler.

Click image for larger version Name:	Mid-engine-C8-Corvette-body-panel-rear-640x340.jpg Views:	1 Size:	47.8 KB ID:	44642

Click image for larger version Name:	https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F07%2F20190708-Corvette-C8-Rear-End-Leak.jpg%3Fquality%3D85?w=1440&auto=compress%2Cformat&ixlib=js-1.2.1&s=e64760861918f720d4f6734870da8a8c.jpg Views:	1 Size:	142.9 KB ID:	44643

Click image for larger version

Name:	mid-engine-corvette-details-1.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	44644
        Is it just me, or does it look like there is more space between the taillights and vents when looking at the camoed car?

Comment

• While details surely were blessed by Michael Simcoe, the body panels of the car were completed before Ed Welburn’s watch ended.
          Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of NCM.

Comment

• Originally posted by C8 dreamer View Post

Lurker waiting for some real info to comment on, so here it goes:

Does iook kind of busy back there - but that lower black mess of panels and fake diffuser should be mostly hidden when viewed from normal, higher angles. I agree exhaust tips in black might be a good choice if available. The DOT rear reflectors appear to be built in to the tail lights (small sections under the clear reverse & turn signals). The CHMSL and rear camera should be at the top of the rear glass - I wouldn't have expected it to be integrated into the wing since it's an option.
            The Elkhart Lake Blue color does verify that color's availability so likely no darker Admiral or similar blue available first year

Ten days away from the reveal, so if we didn't get any real picture leaks that would have been surprising.
            Hoping that rear end complements a stunning design for the rest of the car!
            Great first post C8 dreamer. Thank you for becoming a member and adding to our collective knowledge!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluevette View Post

Is it just me, or does it look like there is more space between the taillights and vents when looking at the camoed car?
              Smart...there is a panel in this spy photo where the license plate goes thats not on the blue photo

Thats whats throwing off so many on the photo released last night...

dramatically going to look different at the reveal.

Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT VK3 GKZ HTA

Comment

• Mary if you are listening. Get Cadillac out of racing in IMSA.
                Corvette needs all the exposure it can muster in racing.

Last edited by MikeC8; 07-09-2019, 07:10 AM.

Comment

• Gents, just saw this picture in Automobile Magazine. They claim its the real deal. Looks pretty much like the best renders, so there my be few surprises with the look on 7.18.19. I still think the bigger surprises are under the bonnet !

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-mid-engine-chevrolet-corvette-rear-end-photo.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	44676

Comment

• Originally posted by John View Post
                    While details surely were blessed by Michael Simcoe, the body panels of the car were completed before Ed Welburn’s watch ended.
                    John, Yes. However, as a matter of courtesy to his successor who GM had already (internally) made known, Ed stepped back and simply let Mike run with it. This was Mike’s baby.

Comment

• Binger, I think you are right in your expecting upward surprises in ten days.

Comment

• Everyone take a deep breath!!! Okay now breathe...

The aftermarket will be happy to fill all the voids that they can. I’m positive we will be able to customize our C8’s with new taillights, vents, spoilers, grills and everything else where there is demand. There has to be plastic or this would be 200-300k car and unaffordable for the masses.

We we only have 10 days left, some of us have been waiting 20 plus years for this car.
                        Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, Just SOLD my 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam and Vortech supercharger for new C8 - On Kerbeck's pre-order list for a 2020 ME C8

Comment

• That space innthe center of the rear bumper cover is too large.

i believe there is a filler panel that goes in that space that also holds the license plate..

that makes more sense...

i could be wrong yet thats what Im thinking...

a lone license plate in that large of a space so deep would look strange...

im ok with it if it is...yet I think there is a filler panel that fits in there...

Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT VK3 GKZ HTA

Comment

• Originally posted by dcbingaman View Post
                            Gents, just saw this picture in Automobile Magazine. They claim its the real deal. Looks pretty much like the best renders, so there my be few surprises with the look on 7.18.19. I still think the bigger surprises are under the bonnet !

Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-mid-engine-chevrolet-corvette-rear-end-photo.jpg Views:	43 Size:	36.7 KB ID:	44676

a couple of things... the blue one doesn't have the sequential taillights across the top, or the spot for the 3rd break light. I'm thinking that camo'ed one is a different model, or the vert.

or the blue one is an old pic.
                            Last edited by TOMDOM69; 07-08-2019, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• PLOT TWIST: This is actually a clay model intentionally released by GM to frustrate the enthusiasts.

Seriously though, I will have to go back to our "what will your first mod be" thread and change my answer to "remove those horrid cubical exhaust tips" that look like spare parts from the GM junkyard. Honestly, its like they compartmentalized the build and they guys and gals working in the tailpipe department showed up to the party late with parts that they thought were going on the new blazer.

As far as the car design itself, I need to see it holistically IOT make a calculated judgement; this leak does not really persuade/dissuade me at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by USVTRN
                                As far as the car design itself, I need to see it holistically IOT make a calculated judgement; this leak does not really persuade/dissuade me at all.
                                Thank you for your post. Very valid.

As for me, I am an optimist and feel when it is revealed, to quote Martha and the Vandellas, there will be “Dancing In the Streets.”

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X