real c8 uncovered rear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post

Yes sir, I try to make it clear when I'm just speculating about something. And I always strive to put relationships first.
    Well then....................my logic is out the window here. I like the rear end. Why? Because I questioned the C7's when it came out and now, I love pulling in behind it when I'm not in it because it just looks freaking menacing. At least the wide-body does

Comment

• Originally posted by C8UR911 View Post
      Accurate. However the pics I seen did not have the black riding up the bumper. Only the diffuser and exhaust surrounds were black (like Chaz’s latest rendering).

This design was blessed by the powers that be (Michael Simcoe & Company). I told you there would be heavy camaro influence from the rear and that it would look more like a mid engine camaro from the back. You were warned.

That said, you will like the rest of the car. I haven’t lied to you yet. Trust me. You’ll like it.

Wait for the R. That’s my suggestion to you. Sources from beyond the grave have told me the rear bumper on the R has not only larger bumper side vents but also an addition vent that runs across the entire bumper. This vent that runs across the bumper gives the rear a completely different look from this base car.

Was this purposely leaked? Yep. Why? GM is seeing the “CAMARO” comparisons across several forums and media outlets. They are putting it out there now hoping that people get this conversation on out of their systems BEFORE the reveal. The though process was that if they get us talking about it now, perhaps we will talk about something else after the reveal when the car is shown. It’s actually pretty smart to get this out now.

PS: One more nugget ( because I just can’t help myself). A new American Flag emblem will debut on the car. Rumor has it Trump insisted it be there. It’s Yuge!
      I love the American Flag idea. This generation corvette will make us proud. It has already added 400+ jobs at the Bowling Green factory.

Can't wait to park it in front. So happy that GM is entering the 'exotic' market at long last

Comment

• Originally posted by C8UR911 View Post
        PS: One more nugget ( because I just can’t help myself). A new American Flag emblem will debut on the car. Rumor has it Trump insisted it be there. It’s Yuge!
        Eh, hopefully that flag is just an option. Or it can be switched to a Canadian one lol.

Comment

• She’s got some hips, that rear quarter looks sexy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluevette View Post

Eh, hopefully that flag is just an option. Or it can be switched to a Canadian one lol.
            Can always put "Oh Canada" on repeat while listening to those Bose speakers

Comment

• I think it's a staged leak, or BS render too, only because there is absolutely NOTHING new in it. we saw the painted bumper like a year ago, tail lights on the C8.R and the mules.

I think the wing is fine, probably the Z51, I was hoping for an active aero wing... and maybe there still is an optional one. I was kinda hoping they would have learned from the C7 and just went for it... super aggressive styling I mean come on. The C7 sold great because of it's very aggressive styling. They should really have kicked it up a notch for the mid engine. My wife is already telling me that she'd rather get a C7 Z06. We will see what will happen on the 18th but my expectations are lower.

Comment

• I fear that most of you are seeing too many movies! I cannot remotely imagine GM creating this as corporate espionage. Trying to suggest that the manufacturer has released an image 10 days prior to their very expensive, highly staged and painstakingly arranged reveal is, in my view, a stretch that only James Bond could imagine. Someone is going to lose their job over this and GM will go on with their plans putting band-aids where necessary. Making more out of it is simply way too imaginative.

Comment

• Originally posted by fvs View Post
                  The hi mounted brake light is directly under the spoiler. This is the location it has always been.

am I missing something? Is there supposed to be another higher mounted brake light?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DvCbWp9V4AA1g5F.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	44622
                  That's interesting. In the new picture of a coupe all I can see is daylight where that brake light is. Is your picture of a convertible perhaps? The point I was making was that there could be 2 different locations depending on Coupe or Convertible.

Comment

• The opening for the brake light is built into the rear fascia. I think the coupe and vert use the same fascia.

The brake light is directly below the "mail slot" in the spoiler.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mid-engine-C8-Corvette-body-panel-rear-640x340.jpg Views:	1 Size:	47.8 KB ID:	44642

Click image for larger version  Name:	https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F07%2F20190708-Corvette-C8-Rear-End-Leak.jpg%3Fquality%3D85?w=1440&auto=compress%2Cformat&ixlib=js-1.2.1&s=e64760861918f720d4f6734870da8a8c.jpg Views:	1 Size:	142.9 KB ID:	44643

Click image for larger version

Name:	mid-engine-corvette-details-1.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	44644
                    Last edited by fvs; 07-08-2019, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• if you ignore the lights and remove the spoiler, this part of the car, as the roofline meets the rear deck and the curvature of the rear fender, looks like a ferrari 458.

Click image for larger version  Name:	0055CCB4-371C-42E4-98A1-CFAD0E450877.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	24.5 KB ID:	44641
                      Last edited by C8UR911; 07-08-2019, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• I won't speculate on if it’s a planned leak. I will only opine on the design. I don’t like it. I didn’t like the C7 ( sorry, guys). And this looks like more of the same. Totally disharmonious design, no harmony or purity of line and proportion. Just a bunch of disparate elements that look like they were thrown together by a pre****scent boy, doodling. Sorry if this opinion bugs anyone. Just one man’s opinion, nothing more. I hope for better on the 18th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluevette View Post

Or a RUSSIAN flag for ZORA......
                          The least we can do is wave to each other

Comment

• Let’s read part of Automobile Mag’s take on the rear fascia... I subscribe to this magazine. Outstanding; can’t wait for its arrival monthly!

Originally posted by Automobile
                            Is This the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette’s Rear End? Almost Definitely!

There are some signature Corvette elements.

Chevrolet might be mad about this. A photo posted on Corvette Forum and Instagram shows what seems to be the undisguised rear end of the forthcoming mid-engine C8 Corvette. While it's only a single, somewhat blurry shot, it provides one of the best looks yet at the hotly anticipated sports car.

Let's break down what the photo shows. Stylistically it's pure modern Chevy, with plenty of sharp creases and angles that build on the aggressive look of the C6 and C7 Corvette. Four taillight lenses are a signature Corvette design trait, although the design has been reinterpreted here. Whereas previous versions had four distinct lens elements, it seems that the C8 will have two taillight housings, each bisected by C-shaped moldings.

Below the taillights are two large mesh-covered openings, presumably to allow airflow through the engine bay. While the C7 Corvette has small aero ducts next to the taillights, vents of this size and positioning are new to the C8—similar apertures are frequently seen on other mid-engine vehicles. Further down, we see four square exhaust outlets, two at each corner. This setup is a departure from previous generations, which from the C5 onward have arranged four circular outlets centrally in the bumper.

Apparent, too, is the C8's aerodynamic focus. Low on the bumper we see a diffuser to help direct air passing under the car. At the top, though, there's a multi-channel wing that's more complex than any previously seen on a regular Corvette. It looks to be the same design we've seen on camouflaged prototypes. We'll have to wait and see if this is standard equipment or part of a package.

Finally, and perhaps most obviously, the car is very blue. Red may be the traditional hue for America's sports car, but we're glad to see that Chevrolet will continue to offer the Corvette in other eye-catching shades.

The C8 Corvette's July 18 launch date is approaching fast, and other details are likely to leak out before then. We'll share those with you, and we'll be on the ground at the launch event in Orange County, California, to find out everything that will make this Corvette the best one yet.
                            Read in Automobile: https://apple.news/AMKBmXqIuSTSyUUmUwc9Ybw

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of NCM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fvs View Post
                              The opening for the brake light is built into the rear fascia. I think the coupe and vert use the same fascia.

The brake light is directly below the "mail slot" in the spoiler.

Click image for larger version Name:	Mid-engine-C8-Corvette-body-panel-rear-640x340.jpg Views:	1 Size:	47.8 KB ID:	44642

Click image for larger version Name:	https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F07%2F20190708-Corvette-C8-Rear-End-Leak.jpg%3Fquality%3D85?w=1440&auto=compress%2Cformat&ixlib=js-1.2.1&s=e64760861918f720d4f6734870da8a8c.jpg Views:	1 Size:	142.9 KB ID:	44643

Click image for larger version  Name:	mid-engine-corvette-details-1.jpg Views:	14 Size:	123.7 KB ID:	44644
                              FVS thanks for these pictures. I now see what you are talking about on the center brake light bar in the fascia. Chevy must also be using a reflector element in the brake light fixture to avoid the seperate rear reflector like they have on the C7.

Comment

• Originally posted by 455SDguy View Post

FVS thanks for these pictures. I now see what you are talking about on the center brake light bar in the fascia. Chevy must also be using a reflector element in the brake light fixture to avoid the seperate rear reflector like they have on the C7.
                                I think they may be. In the video of the parked C8, the guys shine their flashlight on the rear and the brake lights do reflect...

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X