X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Fasttoys.
    Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

• Good for those facts Fasttoys. Thank you. During the last 20+ years of owning Corvettes, my total out of pocket maintenance and repair costs, excluding oil, filter and tires has been nicely below $1,000.

However, laughing at myself, my mods budget during that time could have resulted in my right now buying a pristine C5.
      Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of NCM.

Comment

• I'm guessing that the C8 will not have the cross flag emblem on the rear of the car. When Harlan and Tadge pulled out the new C8 emblem in carbon flash and chrome trim versions at the National Corvette Museum's Bash in April, I asked Harlan if I could take a photo of the new emblem next to a C7 emblem. He graciously accommodated my request as seen in the photo below. I asked him if the emblem was the one for the front or the rear of the C8 and he replied that it was for the front. While that doesn't confirm my hypothesis that the emblem will not appear on the rear, it doesn't invalidate it either. It really doesn't look like there is a good place for the emblem on the C8's rear.

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Good point Jag, e.g., where would you put an emblem on the back?

For that matter where would you put a horizontal row of “CORVETTE” letters? Might the letters go here but be a little smaller in size than we are used to?

Click image for larger version  Name:	83D65312-3D46-4F13-9AD0-F698B49111D3.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.40 MB ID:	45215

Last edited by John; 07-11-2019, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• I would leave it clean and sleek and just emboss the CORVETTE into the lip right above the plate. No emblem, no nameplates and no chrome for sure.

Comment

• One potential location for the cross flag emblem would be the deck lid like the C5, but I personally do not like that idea initially. However, there is a lot of empty space on the C8's rear deck lid.

And with regard to the Corvette script, keep in mind that the addition of the script to the C7 was a last minute change as they had not initially planned to include the script on the C7.

Comment

• I have not forgotten option code RIK on the Jalopnik leaked specs, the red rear emblem. Might that be the “secret sauce” to this question? Here’s an earlier thread on “RIK.”

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-me-option-rik

Comment

• A "rear badge" could refer to either the crossed flags logo or the Corvette script. I think there's room for the Corvette script in the body color area just above or below the plate (although smaller than the C7 script) or in the black area below that. Some past Corvettes have had the Corvette script off center, but there's not much room on either side of the plate, either. Maybe in the black area below the vent?

I don't see anywhere the crossed flags logo would fit.

Looking at that image makes me ask another question: where does the CHMSL go (Center High Mounted Stop Light - legaleze for the center brake light). It must be a minimum of 4 square inches, and I just don't see it anywhere.
                  Last edited by meyerweb; 07-11-2019, 06:32 PM.
                  SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                  >33,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

• The CHMSL on the mules has appeared just below the center section of the spoiler. It's very long and thin but I guess adds up to the total area required. However, it does not seem to appear in this supposed leak, which is one of the reasons why I question it's authenticity.

Edit: An example appears in the first pic in this thread and other shots showing the tail lights lit up confirm it.
                    Last edited by Klinn; 07-11-2019, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Klinn View Post
                      The CHMSL on the mules has appeared just below the center section of the spoiler. It's very long and thin but I guess adds up to the total area required. However, it does not seem to appear in this supposed leak, which is one of the reasons why I question it's authenticity.

Edit: An example appears in the first pic in this thread and other shots showing the tail lights lit up confirm it.
                      Thanks. That spot makes sense, but as you say doesn't appear in the photo above.

Edit: going back and looking at the original pic at the top of the thread, there might be a thin LED strip on the rear of the spoiler. But that would imply that (a) all Corvettes will have a spoiler, or (b) there are two different rear fascias, depending on whether the car has a spoiler. Neither option seems likely.
                      Last edited by meyerweb; 07-11-2019, 07:35 PM.
                      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                      >33,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

• The unique style of the c8 requires no corvette nameplate or insignia.

ive always prefer the clean look without badges etc.

there are many that prefer badges so hopefully there will be one somewhere on the vehicle to meet their desires.

if there is l
                        none i wouldnt be upset.
                        Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT VK3 GKZ HTA

Comment

• I agree JB, de-badge all our cars. [Exception those badges that are recessed into the body, e.g., the C7’s front and rear V emblems.

Comment

• Originally posted by John View Post
                            Good point Jag, e.g., where would you put an emblem on the back?

For that matter where would you put a horizontal row of “CORVETTE” letters? Might the letters go here but be a little smaller in size than we are used to?

Click image for larger version Name:	83D65312-3D46-4F13-9AD0-F698B49111D3.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.40 MB ID:	45215

that is where the third break light is... at least on the camo'ed cars. There may be enough room to squeeze it in below the third break light, but it would be tight.

Comment

• Third brake light is seen on some of the c8 s lit up...

its on the rear facia itself just below the opening between the rear spoiler opening ..

i hope there is very few insignias are on the car...

if its just one on the mose thats cool.

the corvette styling is so bold...everyone already knows the car they've just been passed by is the new c8 corvette.

Just one more night
                              Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT VK3 GKZ HTA

Comment

• Originally posted by 3 Z06ZR1 View Post

Not sure on any of that it looks to be the rear under the camo nice try though!
                                Wishful thinking on my part. I did not like the rear fascia at first site am hoping it will grow on me. Have to see the car in person

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X