real c8 uncovered rear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John View Post
    Thanks to 16/C7Z we have this one above another picture (with his comment between the two). Looking at this comparison shot, I realize how quickly when I look at the back of my C7, I have “forgotten” about the two grills below its taillights and some of its other features. And below that, look at the admittedly rudimentary difference is made if one were to paint the exhaust tips.

Personally, I like all but not yet feeling the spoiler, but as again this picture is taken from a 2 1/2’ height above the pavement, and our eyes are typically twice that height, I believe even the Z51’s spoiler will blend in a lot more than it does from this perspective, and as smart folks have posted, we have a lot more of the car to yet see. Might paint the tailpipes black as I crudely did in the bottom picture, be my first mod?

Click image for larger version Name:	AF7BEAAA-BC39-4951-A242-698AC713B8A7.jpeg Views:	9 Size:	356.4 KB ID:	44439
    Click image for larger version Name:	087BF018-0B91-45EA-8770-9BF5EBE3FCEE.jpeg Views:	9 Size:	582.6 KB ID:	44438
    DOT requires vehicles to have red reflectors on the back. Some vehicles have them built into the taillights, some do not. It is a safety thing. They work very well when somebody doesn't have their light on at night or in low visibility situations. Look at the C8 rear tail lights I think the red reflectors are integrated into the housing underneath the white lens and above the red hockey stick.

THOUGHTS.?
    Last edited by Fasttoys; 07-11-2019, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• They are. They can be seen in the parked video.

Comment

• Why does the space behind the license plate have electrical connectors coming out of it?
        Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT VK3 GKZ HTA

Comment

• Because a filler panel fits in that space and that a body colored filler panel holds the license plate ? And the electrical connection powers up the lights To show the plate at night?

Comment

• Originally posted by JB View Post
            Why does the space behind the license plate have electrical connectors coming out of it?
            I think that's the battery tender connection. It's a small but huge improvement, so you don't have to leave the rear hatch cocked open or pinch the cord when you put your trickle charger on. Not ideal at all. Now just flip up the plate carrier and plug it in.

Comment

• I like that idea; hope your idea is later confirmed.
              Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of NCM.

Comment

• Reading all the comments comparing the C8 rear with the Camaro reminds me of a similar discussion upon the C7 reveal. I even remember that there was a aftermarket company that was offering a C6 replacement body panel for the C7.

My feeling is that the C7 design was a bridge between the C6 and the C8 designs.
                Save the wave.

Comment

• [QUOTEn44764]

I think that's the battery tender connection. It's a small but huge improvement, so you don't have to leave the rear hatch cocked open or pinch the cord when you put your trickle charger on. Not ideal at all. Now just flip up the plate carrier and plug it in. [/QUOTE]

That makes a lot of sense..

cool.
                  Last edited by JB; 07-09-2019, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Sorry guys that is a photoshopped photo. Think about it. First you may want to ask yourself does chazcron work for gm, because this photo matches exactly to his renderings ???. Second, do you really think gm would design a car so ugly that nobody likes it???. That is the ugliest rear end of a car, there is nothing good to say about it, the rear fascia is way too busy the tail lights are horrible and really do you think they will actually use square tail pipes?? Not to mention that horrible spoiler. That was leaked intentionally to throw us all off by some unknown person on instagram??? If that was the car gm might as well shut down the plant in bowling green and go home.

Comment

• why such hate for the "squcircle" tail pipes! It is not a make or break detail IMO.

Worst rear ends? There are some really odd and strange looking rear ends out there on supercars. But if they cost $300K, they are really cool...

Comment

• I dig the rear facia...no hate from me.

cant wait to see the full reveal.

some people just have a hard time with change.

Comment

• Originally posted by JB View Post
                          Found this over at ferrarichat this evening...

please delete if its a problem ..

Click image for larger version Name:	F1E60BC4-9ED8-4B17-82C4-452651D32985.jpeg Views:	11 Size:	56.5 KB ID:	44333
                          I didn't realize that the lower valance was a separate piece. It makes sense as it creates a break for the black paint - which will be necessary to visually minimize the rear height like the C7. Seems like popping off the rear valance and removing the trunk insert would allow great access for underneath engine service.

Comment

• tomnlink, great point. Had not even thought about how removing the lower valence would provide a servicing assist. Thank you. We separately learned from Fasttoys that by removing the blades on his A8 provided side access for servicing.
                            Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of NCM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fireeagle View Post
                              The FVS rear rendering looks much better.
                              No matter now I think this is the real thing my friend! My Corvette days are enjoyed here now I'm saving them. They went to the Camaro design. C7 Z06 is the king!

Comment

• Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post
                                Sorry guys that is a photoshopped photo. Think about it. First you may want to ask yourself does chazcron work for gm, because this photo matches exactly to his renderings ???. Second, do you really think gm would design a car so ugly that nobody likes it???. That is the ugliest rear end of a car, there is nothing good to say about it, the rear fascia is way too busy the tail lights are horrible and really do you think they will actually use square tail pipes?? Not to mention that horrible spoiler. That was leaked intentionally to throw us all off by some unknown person on instagram??? If that was the car gm might as well shut down the plant in bowling green and go home.
                                Not sure on any of that it looks to be the rear under the camo nice try though!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X