Chazcron’s New C8 Renderings & GIF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBT View Post
    Seems like every rendering has the car with a spoiler. I hate the spoiler. I hope that the spoiler is optional and not on the base car.
    The entry car will not have a spoiler — just as the entry C7 did not.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by Supa_Fly_Z51 View Post
      Maybe is being done on purpose as a "farewell" to the Camaro, if in fact it is being discontinued.
      The Camaro isn't being discontinued, it is just delayed.

Regarding the rear end, I am confident that it will look better in the metal, and even more so in 'R' guise.

Comment

I hope to GOD that my new c8 looks like Post number 8227 by Chazcron's new rendering in that blue.....11 days left, does anyone know if the unveiling will be shown on Chevy's website or any of our websites please respond ....Thank You

Comment

As cool and good as these renders are, don't forget they are all just depicting what GM has decided to show us!! They are accurate to the current models from all the spy shots. I would love to see a render that depicts what you think the FINAL CAR will look like. Comon how about these artists get creative and lay one out there of what we will see on 7.18.19!
          Last edited by Racer X; 07-07-2019, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Only thing about the rear end that I'm skeptical about, is the "swoop". Wouldn't it look better as a flat horizontal line? Would like to see round tail lights too, but that's not a deal breaker.
            2015 Z51 Stingray
            2018 Honda Goldwing
            2018 Suzuki V-Strom

Comment

It seems it could be easy enough to redesign the rear fascia on later models if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Happy View Post
                I hope to GOD that my new c8 looks like Post number 8227 by Chazcron's new rendering in that blue.....11 days left, does anyone know if the unveiling will be shown on Chevy's website or any of our websites please respond ....Thank You
                Yes, we will at least have a link that all will know about in advance, for addition to what we prominently share here, we are going to send out an email to every member within an integral newsletter, getting the official live-stream URL link to you a couple of days before 7.18.19

However, almost believe that the live stream will be on the identical site as the current GM clock down clock:

U.S: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

Canada: https://www.chevrolet.ca/en/upcoming.../2020-corvette

No matter what, we will be on top of the livestream URL announcement the second GM officially tells us.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Chazcron, how about Long Beach Red

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20279F85-FCB1-4DC2-8ED3-7FEF4D59C240.jpeg
Views:	297
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	44331
                    Last edited by JB; 07-07-2019, 09:36 PM.
                    Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	20279F85-FCB1-4DC2-8ED3-7FEF4D59C240.jpeg
Views:	297
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	44331
                      wow that does look like my camaros rear end

Comment

Hmmm. Where is that c8UR911 who swore the side of the tail light glass was flush “ with the body? ! ; )

Comment

For the next two years the biggest gripe will be that they are not making cars fast enough. especially if they all are as appealing as he plain old silver. People will the not see the details if the whole thing works. And it will work as a visual entity.

Every beautiful car has pieces that are objectionable in isolation. still the whole is a masterpiece.
                          Last edited by SheepDog; 07-08-2019, 02:59 PM.

Comment

i agree. The first year of the C7 Stingray, work 5/10’s plus sometimes all day Saturday too, they still be not able to meet demand. As a result 1,150 who were officially told their order had been accepted and would be made before the 2015 MY was over, we re-notified, and told they would be getting a 2015 instead, and that they orders would be in the first few batches. Also, GM which implemented a major cost increase for 2015, protected those 1,150 by not having them pay the price increases.

Might even with a second shift, since we were told by Kai Spande that the unit/hour assembly rate for the C8 would be at the same 11.6 units per hour as the C7’s have been made since November 1, 2015, there not be enough first year C8’s to go around.

I totally agree with you SheepDog. Folks waking up on Friday, July 19t, their first time calling their dealer to get on a C8 ordering list, might be waiting a heck of a lot longer than they wish, or instead be signing up for the “my being asleep at the well switch just cost me significant market adjustment” extra money. In talking with two of the top three dealers, they typically see their next gen pre-order lists double in the first 45 days after the official reveal.

Comment

Originally posted by fvs View Post
                              Hmmm. Where is that c8UR911 who swore the side of the tail light glass was flush “ with the body? ! ; )
                              ah...if you don’t call that flush then we have two different definitions of flush. It does not bulge out past the body work. It’s flush with the panel in the middle. The top and bottom are recessed.

So so when my statements about the car are confirmed on the 18th, you can me Walter the Great.

Comment

Originally posted by smoove7410 View Post

The Camaro isn't being discontinued, it is just delayed.

Nope, the entire Camaro engineering team is disbanded and reassigned throughout GM. Al Oppenheiser is now doing desk duty on EV development in a capacity that does not have him directly overseeing the development of any single car.

The Camaro7 is terminated with extreme prejudice.

Of course there may be a Camaro at some point in the future, much like it was resurrected many years later after the end of the 4th generation. But it will be done by an entirely new team with technology far advanced from current Camaros.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X