X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good Chaz! Love the white!!

Comment

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post
      I like the front of the car, BUT , if the back fascia looks like that I will hold off on buying one till I actually see one in person and may pull my refundable pre order deposit.. Thanks for the renderings, Chazcron. You do a great job.
      Sadly, I'm personally with you 100%...just don't care for the back end at all. Hoping for a pleasant surprise at reveal. I also add my thanks to Chazcron for all of the wonderful work.

Comment

Seems like every rendering has the car with a spoiler. I hate the spoiler. I hope that the spoiler is optional and not on the base car.

Comment

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post
          I like the front of the car, BUT , if the back fascia looks like that I will hold off on buying one till I actually see one in person and may pull my refundable pre order deposit.. Thanks for the renderings, Chazcron. You do a great job.
          I hate to inform you that the rear lights, bumper, defuser, and spoiler are DEAD ON accurate. It is literally the only aspect of the car that has me shaking my head and asking why why why. Viewed from the rear, you would swear that the car was actually a mid engine Camaro. Why they would choose to give it such a resemblance to the Camaro is beyond me. They could have literally picked any other supercar for ideas or come up with something 100% original. It really is baffling. I wanted to keep this to myself but it really needs to be stated.

You think people were complaining about Camaro taillights on the C7...just wait until this rear end is introduced to the world.
          Last edited by C8UR911; 07-07-2019, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by C8UR911 View Post

... Viewed from the rear, you would swear that the car was actually a mid engine Camaro. Why they would choose to give it such a resemblance to the Camaro is beyond me. They could have literally picked any other supercar for ideas or come up with something 100% original. It really is baffling. I wanted to keep this to myself but it really needs to be stated.

You think people were complaining about Camaro taillights on the C7...just wait until this rear end is introduced to the world.

Looks like Camaro taillights might be the latest trend, based on the newest Ferrari model:

Click image for larger version

Name:	7AFF84FF-8F4C-4ABB-983D-3E65114B9E10.jpeg
Views:	252
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	44197

Comment

I personally hate the looks of the rear end also. Hopefully by the time the high HP version comes out, perhaps a wide body version will have a much better looking rear end. Just my opinion, yours may vary!!

Regards Brian

Comment

Nice work with the colors John. I wonder if you might have come up with a close approximation of the unique Accelerate Yellow Metallic shade?

Name:	E0114C51-E8EE-4111-BCD5-1507C5BBBFD1.jpeg
Views:	246
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	44202

Comment

Originally posted by ZL-1 View Post

Looks like Camaro taillights might be the latest trend, based on the newest Ferrari model:

Click image for larger version  Name:	7AFF84FF-8F4C-4ABB-983D-3E65114B9E10.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	89.6 KB ID:	44197
                  Lol. If only we were so lucky. Regardless, it’s not just the lights. It’s the overall geometry and lines. Again, just looks more like the next camaro than the next vette. This is the Camaro rear view i am referring to. The only thing really missing are the outlets on both sides
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	286E7014-BDB5-4502-8691-92E228B3B281.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	488.8 KB ID:	44204
                  Last edited by C8UR911; 07-07-2019, 04:41 PM.

Comment

What is missing, and thanks for looking at the newest thread about “zero worry need,” is perspective. If one takes, as I did, a 6’ level and places it horizontal on the very top of the rear fascia of our C7’s, just about touching the paint in the center, the maximum deviation from the level at the extreme edges of the car is roughly 3” on each side (the junction of where the top of the fascia meets in the 90 transition the side of the fender). On a Camaro it is about the same.

On a C8 it would be a minimum of 6” on each side, again where each the fender meet the top of the fascia, and may well be as much at 9.” Let’s wait until we each walk around the car before we worry about the C8 having Camaro like taillights.

Candidly, there were thousands of posts that the C7’s rear looked too Camaro like — yet how many of those posters now own and love their C7.
                    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Maybe is being done on purpose as a "farewell" to the Camaro, if in fact it is being discontinued.

Comment

Sorry, my non-precise, free software does not like making some color transitions, and thus I can not get any close to Accelerate Yellow Metallic (though the lighter the original one such as this thread’s light blue Chaz did for us the better). I was able to do these ones however.

Name:	B0354311-FEE7-4999-9367-6C9217E57EF3.jpeg
Views:	221
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	44246
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	FBDEACE2-1E48-4044-A5E9-A08F852FC1A1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	76.8 KB ID:	44240Click image for larger version  Name:	7A1D81AA-08E9-46A8-B58D-4AB3E11FA624.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	59.7 KB ID:	44241Click image for larger version  Name:	E7C166A4-9C42-4B9D-B6F4-60A3FBF0E641.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	57.2 KB ID:	44242
                        Last edited by John; 07-07-2019, 05:14 PM.
                        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Great work Chaz and John, `I keep seeing the side scoop moving further into the door though. I don't feel it's going to go that far forward. Below latest spy shot.
                          Rocket City Florida

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                            Sorry, my non-precise, free software does not like making some color transitions, and thus I can not get any close to Accelerate Yellow Metallic (though the lighter the original one such as this thread’s light blue Chaz did for us the better). I was able to do these ones however.]
                            Actually John I was complimenting you for coming up with what I think might be a close approximation of Accelerate Yellow Metallic (the one I re-posted). Your later golder looking ones here are pretty but not as close imo.

Comment

An example of how free software is “you get what you pay for — for two of the latter ones was my “directing” it to change the color to orange. But at least it helps. Though I must admit that while my wife and I have spec’d out our C8, the only we are still floundering about are exterior color and interior color.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                                What is missing, and thanks for looking at the newest thread about “zero worry need,” is perspective. If one takes, as I did, a 6’ level and places it horizontal on the very top of the rear fascia of our C7’s, just about touching the paint in the center, the maximum deviation from the level at the extreme edges of the car is roughly 3” on each side (the junction of where the top of the fascia meets in the 90 transition the side of the fender). On a Camaro it is about the same.

On a C8 it would be a minimum of 6” on each side, again where each the fender meet the top of the fascia, and may well be as much at 9.” Let’s wait until we each walk around the car before we worry about the C8 having Camaro like taillights.

Candidly, there were thousands of posts that the C7’s rear looked too Camaro like — yet how many of those posters now own and love their C7.
                                John, I am not saying that the two rears are identical. I am simply stating that the C8 rear looks like an evolution/derivative of the Camaro rear rather than looking as an evolution of the corvette.

That is, if you take a random person and show him or her the back of the C8, they will think it’s an evolution of the Camaro, not the Vette. To each their own, but to me, it’s very unimaginative and a wasted opportunity.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X