MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Z06 Reveal Live Site

2 of 4 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #80 - Meet Famed Corvette Race Car Driver, Andy Pilgrim

If you're a fan of Corvette Racing, you'll absolutely love this podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...FH4VXOYBcu2ZSx. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, sits down with famed Corvette Racing driver, Andy Pilgrim, to discuss his illustrious career. Andy takes you back to his days in Great Britain, where he started racing motorcycles. He tells you how he got to the United States and how he got invited to be a part of the Corvette Racing team. Pilgrim talks about his 20+ years racing, his time at Le Mans and much more.

Also find out what andy is doing today along with his association with the National Corvette Museum and the Motorsports Park.
It's an fascinating listen about one of the drivers who helped kick on Corvette Racing on the CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen Here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Website & Merchandise: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
Get email notifications: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
Join the CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...SjjEXUt_UlOPPQ
3 of 4 < >

The Official GM Z06 Press Release Will Be Here Tuesday @ 12:01 Pm (ET)

See more
See less

Zeus Metallic Leaked 615D, GUI, WA615D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeus Metallic Leaked 615D, GUI, WA615D

I found this on ATU.com it is listed as a GM color. I believe this is also where the Rapid Blue leak came from. Found it this morning, it wasn't there 2 days ago when I last looked.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Zeus.png Views:	1 Size:	12.4 KB ID:	43928
    Last edited by Richrat; 07-06-2019, 10:33 AM.
    Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Some time ago we discussed this. I think it was John confirmed that it's the same code as "Bronze Sand metallic" used by Cadillac. Unless it's not.
    2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
    Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
    2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
    Spectra Grey Tridents.
    Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

It is the identical paint code on the Jalopnik leaked specs.
      Last edited by John; 07-06-2019, 03:13 PM.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        Yes, it is the identical paint code — that is if the leaked Jalopnik specs are confirmed in the next couple of weeks.
        Interesting? When I look up this paint code (615D) it is not listed under "Bronze Sand metallic" it is Zeus Metallic? This code was not there just a few days ago?
        Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

GM often has several names that all tie to the identical paint code, at least an internal name, an external name, and often a third one, e.g., why paint codes are the common and critical one.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Are my eyes going?? It looks black to me???? The one color I think I would like, and never saw in a C7 is the Ceramic White. I never did see a C7 in this color. I am not a white person as it is the color that lacks all color. I did get the opportunity to see that Famous Bugatti they call the Porcelain Bugatti and it was stunning, Very similar to a chip I saw of the Ceramic white. Supercar Blondie did a Video of the car. Which reminds me , I hope GM gets Supercar Blondie or an owner of a C8 gets her to do a Video of the C8. That would help the C8 to get Supercar Status..

Comment

Im not too thrilled with Zeus metallic for corvettes myself yet for those that do..

cool...bet its a one year color for corvette.

ultra low volume take rate for those that want a very unique corvette.

Comment

If one wants to see this color best, including in directly reflecting light in the sun and conversely when in no light on it conditions:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...xterior-colors

Especially take the time to see the Doug DeMuro video in post # 41 of that thread. I think seeing that video is critical for all who are considering Zeus Bronze Metallic for this C8, e..g, could be a deal maker, but also could be a deal breaker.

Comment

I like the color when bright light is reflected right back.

Comment

Be on the lookout for Accelerate Yellow. Anxious to see that one as it will be on the C8.Rs too.
                    Senior Editor and Founder of CorvetteBlogger.com. I drive my dad's 1966 Corvette Sting Ray Convertible and the National Corvette Museum is my personal Graceland.

Comment

A bigger chip

Click image for larger version

Name:	070619_8b.jpg
Views:	988
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	44006
                      Senior Editor and Founder of CorvetteBlogger.com. I drive my dad's 1966 Corvette Sting Ray Convertible and the National Corvette Museum is my personal Graceland.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvetteBlogger View Post
                        Be on the lookout for Accelerate Yellow. Anxious to see that one as it will be on the C8.Rs too.
                        Interesting. Do we know from a good source? I’m expecting this metallic color to be a bit unusual. Would the race team deviate that much from their tried and true yellow? Can’t wait to see it.

Comment

Great questions ZL-1! Especially as it probably be officially classified as a green in the paint world — just like the 2019 Bolt and Camaro’s SHOCK yellow is.

Comment

A new paint chip showing the new Zeus Bronze for the C8 Corvette is the same color as confirmed by the GM paint code as Cadillac's Bronze Sands Metallic.

Comment

Without direct sunlight say on cloudy days etc....would it be too rude of me to say this color looks like dog ****?

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X