N’Ring Video Coming In Now (Updated)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N’Ring Video Coming In Now (Updated)

UPDATE: Shorter videos first, then 12 minute one thanks to Carspotter Jereon in post # 5.

Thanks to Corvette_Nut for finding and posting these Nurburgring videos. I am wondering if all this testing just before the reveal is purely a coincidence, or ???

Click image for larger version  Name:	A1128909-9EBB-428E-9D50-6ADDCF1A3E81.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	263.1 KB ID:	43633

Originally posted by CorvetteNut
    It sounds fast!

Last September we got extensive C8 videos. Might they be coming over the next few days?
    Last edited by John; 07-08-2019, 12:19 AM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

For those who missed or want to relive those exciting N’Ring ME videos:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ptember-videos
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

I can not get enough of these videos

Comment

C8 passes broken down Porsche at N’Ring. Hmm. It was posted, and with thanks to Corvette_Nut, who introduced this picture by saying...

”Caption This”

Click image for larger version  Name:	08A58BA7-A692-46FF-8E20-B056248BCC36.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	143.3 KB ID:	43621
        Last edited by John; 07-04-2019, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Major 12 minute video thanks to Carspotter Jereon (with notification assist thanks to Corvette_Nut).

Last edited by John; 07-04-2019, 03:55 PM.

Comment

At 8:30 in the video, Jeroen shows a lap time of 8:25.

Comment

Good eyes RedDropTop. Clearly they are still learning the track, not yet in full on mode. Thank you!

Comment

Great video. I could watch that all day.

Some thoughts:
                • What a cool job that must be!
                • They prolly don't get paid a lot, but the perks more than make up for that. Please see above.
                • It must be mentally exhausting to do that correctly.
                • GM is getting TONS of data before they sell us this car to hopefully work out any bugs.
                • As RedDropTop above notes, 8:25 lap time??? Kinda slow? I know there is a big passenger, but... Could a manual timing with a phone and the passenger cause it to be off a second or so? I suppose so. I don't have much coarse experience, except for the one day that I took my new at the time SS Camaro to Lime Rock Park here in CT. And that was 25 years ago. What do others think of that 8:25 time?
                Bob Sliwa
                Currently Building an All-Electric,1963 Split-Window Coupe Restomod.
                2020 C8 - 2LT, Elkhart Lake Blue, Black interior; Z51, Mag Ride, E60 lift, 5ZZ high wing, ZZ3 engine appearance,AH2 GT2 seats, Red Calipers

Comment

Please ignore whatever times there are now. This car is definitely under 7:30 when the results finally come in. The 2014 Stingray, segmented times, was 7:33, and the C8 will handily beat that.
                  Last edited by John; 07-04-2019, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                    Please ignore whatever times there are now. This car is definitely under 7:30 when the results finally come in. The 2014 Stingray, segmented times, was 7:33, and the C8 will handily beat that.
                    John to your point to ignore I agree because they also are not on a closed track as you can see in the video there is lots of traffic. No way you can lay down a record time with that many cars in your way.

Comment

Also, manufacturers know that competitors or the public will be out there timing them. From what I've heard, they will deliberately ease off at certain places during the lap just so nobody can get an accurate time.

Edit: At about 2:00 mark, we can see the front turn signal is actuated and it's location is inboard from the main projector lens, about the middle of the housing. Assuming that they're using production lighting units, of course.

Edit 2: Anyway, thanks for the video Carspotter Jereon, and thanks Corvette_Nut and John for posting it here.
                      Last edited by Klinn; 07-04-2019, 06:01 PM.

Comment

On that car they are not production taillights. So, maybe not production headlight systems either.

Comment

This picture brought a smile.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3F762F01-A2D6-45F7-A3E0-A1CDB797C16C.jpeg
Views:	831
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	43657

Seeing the C8 testing at the Nurburgring again brings lots of smiles.

Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                            C8 passes broken down Porsche at N’Ring. Hmm. It was posted, and with thanks to Corvette_Nut, who introduced this picture by saying...

”Caption This”

Click image for larger version Name:	08A58BA7-A692-46FF-8E20-B056248BCC36.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	143.3 KB ID:	43621
                            Ok.

Where is “Walter.” Get him over here. “Copy. On my way, over.” 🤭🤭

Maybe.....just maybe...a true story.
                            Last edited by C8UR911; 07-04-2019, 06:13 PM.

Comment

It would be nice if we got another teaser before the reveal. Today would be the perfect day to do it lol.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X