Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast Latest Corvette News

Wow....there is so much Corvette news coming out right now.   Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com joins your host, Steve Garrett to cover it all. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...e-2021-e12kai2  Check out some of the headlines below....
1.  GM Cancels June Allocation – 3000 status orders to be completed
2.  Chevrolet releases details and pricing on 2022 Corvette
3.  Chevrolet will offer a Corvette C8.R Special Edition for 2022
4.  2022 C8 Corvette Visualizer is now live
5.  Right-hand drive C8’s arrive in Japan and revealed at Fuji Speedway
6.  Ordering Opens in Australia and New Zealand
7.  GM still working out details for 2023 Racing Program
8.  Juan Pablo Montoya loves the Indy 500 pace car C8 Corvette!
9.  With C8 details out for 2022, the Z06 will most likely be a 2023 model
10.  Pre-owned Corvette pricing up 34% in the last year
...and there's lots more!  Don't miss this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.
See more
See less

New GM “Corvette Reminder” Video On GM’s Official ME Next Generation Site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New GM “Corvette Reminder” Video On GM’s Official ME Next Generation Site.

GM just posted a new vid on their countdown site. But calling it a C8 teaser would be generous, for it has nothing about the C8, is just reminding us of the evolution from C1 through the present C7.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3444B488-F3FF-47BD-B3F7-385CBF9E05E6.jpeg
Views:	1705
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	42683

Thanks 455SDguy for bringing it to our attention — for we remain info craved.

It is within the Next Generation Corvette countdown clock site, which as always until the reveal, will remain the top link within our “Announcements” section: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

Last edited by John; 06-28-2019, 11:24 AM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Thanks for sharing... agree that it certainly doesn't scream C8 at all. Nonetheless... we're one day closer!

Comment

Yep, one day closer. IMO we have seen all the C8 info we are going to get from GM until 7/18/19. I hope I'm wrong but from their non traditional reverse marketing campaign it seems we wait.
      Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

Thank You. and yes everyday is one day closer and I kinda feel GM may keep leaking little eid bits and I am sure they are paying attention to this site and others that are in the C8 discussion and if anything else for their LOYAL followers will tease us a little here and there, MAYBE

Comment

They did show a manual... Manuals = fun... right?

Comment

Sorry but really sad showing.
            frankb

Comment

For Corvette taking a completely new direction via a ME platform, it sure seems peculiar that they are focusing so much on the past in their marketing thus far.

Comment

We understood in the first teaser video that focused on the previous ME prototypes, that it was clearly showing us that the Corvette ME genes are imbedded in our 66 years of Corvette history. We are Corvette smart, and we understood that totally appropriate concept in the first one. That one was a very good teaser — including it additionally having that now infamous LT2 important picture.

Click image for larger version  Name:	C9A3436E-C26A-4DFF-8968-450C579FCE92.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	108.1 KB ID:	42810

The second video was a re-statement in case anyone missed that as part of Corvette’s development history that they had developed and tested ME’s thoroughly over the seven decades. Was the almost all of it being a re-do of the first video necessary? It’s saving grace was this probable C8 design sketch.

Click image for larger version  Name:	9243B809-8C7E-4BF6-8321-739BBFF1CD61.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	228.6 KB ID:	42811

But today’s video as many earlier noted, there was nothing about the C8 but one single screen shot of the C8’s emblem at the end of the video, and as Jag noted, and again focused on the past production Corvettes, nothing about the C8 Corvette at all.

If as we know, one of the major goals of the C8 is to attract brand conquests, repeatedly showing older production Corvettes that never enticed that target audience previously, is not the way to accomplish that.

Yet, I am optimistic that the next teaser will have a Thanksgiving sized serving of new-to-us C8 info.
                Last edited by John; 06-28-2019, 11:46 PM.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post
                  For Corvette taking a completely new direction via a ME platform, it sure seems peculiar that they are focusing so much on the past in their marketing thus far.
                  I agree. I am sure there is a grand marketing plan somewhere and I hope we get to see it soon. Somehow, the most recent "teases" videos are not working (there should be at least one shot of some C8 detail in each of them, at least in my mind ...). But as was said ... one day closer!

Comment

It’s not very interesting for what it’s supposed to be. About to get stale.
                    There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
                    2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                    79 coupe Silver/oyster
                    All one owner
                    Museum lifetime members

Comment

Originally posted by Plasboy View Post
                      It’s not very interesting for what it’s supposed to be. About to get stale.
                      Agreed.....pathetic excuse for a teaser! Sooo much info to be trickled out and get/keep people interested and they put this out? On a positive note, they can only do a better job from here.
                      Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Originally posted by Meldoon View Post
                        On a positive note, they can only do a better job from here.
                        They better lol

Comment

Originally posted by Meldoon View Post

Agreed.....pathetic excuse for a teaser! Sooo much info to be trickled out and get/keep people interested and they put this out? On a positive note, they can only do a better job from here.
                          Couldn't agree more Meldoon!
                          Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

It doesn’t matter if you drive a Corvette , Porsche or Jaguar it’s just fun driving a sports car. That’s what it’s all about .....great video. I for one can’t live without one.
                            Once you get the hang of driving a quick shifting 8 speed auto it’s just as much fun as a manual IMO
                            Last edited by MikeC8; 06-29-2019, 10:46 AM.
                            Black 3LT. Z51 mag ride front lift. black wheels and trim. .... Order status ...in my garage

Comment

They could show us the engine bay, convertible top, middle of the nose, 1 piece of the hood, 1 piece of the interior...I can keep going...They could easily give us 1 part a week and the community would be on the edge of its seats instead of complaining. REALLY BAD MARKETING IMO!

I get their planning for the reveal, some marketing person sold this non traditional marketing campaign to the top brass but at this point the excitement is dwindling instead of leading up to a huge crescendo!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X