Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette: Meet NCM’s Director of Collections & Education Brian Baker

The National Corvette Museum continues to add A-List talent to their roster! On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to the new Director of Collections & Education at the Museum, Brian Baker. https://youtu.be/Soa0Cpikv3k; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...JQPOZZgm2OBhQ4. Brian has a rich working history with General Motors and actually was the designer of the SSR! Brian joined the NCM recently and has a wonderful vision of the future for the Museum. You'll hear all about that in this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.

VISIT THE WEBSITE, LISTEN TO THE SHOW, WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO, JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP, SIGN UP FOR EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS AND SHOP IN THE MERCHANDISE STORE AT:
www.CorvetteToday.com
2 of 3 < >

Your Lottery Z06 Christmas Present

Tired of waiting and want a long shot to get your Z06? I have two friends who between them have won three new Corvettes. Is this your Christmas self-present? https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...iversary-coupe. Might you be the third friend who wins a Corvette lottery by buying just one ticket? Of course still going to be many months until you are driving it, but if you win a heck of lot cheaper than your/my other plan.
3 of 3 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Picture of Titanium Satin Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C8UR911 View Post
    More Titanium Satin

Click image for larger version  Name:	39d445c3_6923_4e57_9db4_52d8fbe0368e_e7dbec86188297187fdaddc5f1c271302f069a76.jpg Views:	34 Size:	394.9 KB ID:	411809
    That's a nice color combination. Z06, aero delete?

Comment

Great, can you maybe share the redacted email response, I would love to see their response as they describe the wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post

That's a nice color combination. Z06, aero delete?
        Don't believe that's any delete, just a base Z06 without adding anything to it.

Comment

The original photo shows a Titanium Satin wheel…the giveaway is the center cap color…on Satin Graphite you get a black center cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck9 View Post
            …the giveaway is the center cap color…on Satin Graphite you get a black center cap.
            That is a great way to help distinguish these two wheels in photographs. With different lighting conditions and color saturation these can almost look identical. I'm still going back and forth on which one I want on my HSG.

Plus, the words "CORVETTE" and "FORGED" are painted on the SOC.
            Last edited by VETTED53; 09-18-2022, 01:03 PM.

Comment

There has been enough deviation between pre-production and final specification details thus far that the wheel finishes shown on the Dealer Tour might not all be representative of the production cars. For example, when viewing and photographing the wheel display, I was surprised by how close the Black Satin and Graphite Satin were to each other. I could have photographed either wheel to look like the other given the proper lighting.

Also, more recently, some have commented seeing gloss black oem wheels at shows and events which were never displayed on the Dealer Tour. Late changes such as this can be the result of focus groups, supplier issues or even the decision of a single GM Executive. We should have a better idea in a month or so when regular production cars begin circulating in public and the Price and Build Configurator is launched. Until then nothing is 100% certain, particularly in these challenging times.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHP View Post
                I was surprised by how close the Black Satin and Graphite Satin were to each other. I could have photographed either wheel to look like the other given the proper lighting.
                Exactly why the wheels in the OP are in fact Titanium Satin. Also dead giveaway when you look at transition in color going from lip of rim to start of tire. With the Satin Graphite wheels, the lip is so dark there is virtually no distinction between rim and tire, ESPECIALLY when viewed from any kind of distance. You are only able to make out difference if you are right up close to the tire and even then, its VERY minimal.

Comment

Originally posted by VETTED53 View Post

That is a great way to help distinguish these two wheels in photographs. With different lighting conditions and color saturation these can almost look identical. I'm still going back and forth on which one I want on my HSG.

Plus, the words "CORVETTE" and "FORGED" are painted on the SOC.
                  Bingo. Case closed, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by 455SDguy View Post
                    I have to agree with John that the white Z06 is pictured with the satin graphite wheels. The color balance in the top picture is not correct and when that happens colors appear very different from actual.
                    see post number 19 and 20

Comment

Originally posted by C8UR911 View Post

see post number 19 and 20
                      Regardless, this picture in post number 1 is not a true representation of the titantium wheels. One only has to go back to the original photos of the Z06 tour where pictures were taken of the wheels on the wall and almost everyone of them were incorrect in the manner they were shot. Post number 4 is an accurate photo of the titanium wheels vs the satin graphite.

C8 2023 Z06 3LZ Coupe Red Mist
                      Options: J6N EDGE RED CALIBERS; S0C Graphite Wheel then purchase MRR FO23 (Z07) WHEELS, NGA Black Exhaust, SNE Jake Hood Graphic, ERI Battery Protection, SPY Black Lugs, E60 Front Lift, J57 CCB's, CFV Ground Effects, Interior Jet Black with 38S Red Stitch, R8C Museum Delivery, BAZ Stealth Interior Trim, FA5 Carbon Fiber Int Trim, ZYC Carbon Flash Mirrors and Rear Spoiler.

Comment

Originally posted by 455SDguy View Post

Regardless, this picture in post number 1 is not a true representation of the titantium wheels. One only has to go back to the original photos of the Z06 tour where pictures were taken of the wheels on the wall and almost everyone of them were incorrect in the manner they were shot. Post number 4 is an accurate photo of the titanium wheels vs the satin graphite.
                        I guess its just me that is color blind then because the wheels in the OP, to me, look the same as the Titanium Satin pictured in post 4. They are dark, but not so dark that there is no difference in transition from rim to tire as with the Satin Graphite.

Comment

This photo shows the Z06 wheel color choices:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Z06 Rims.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	412327
                          Note that the Red-Striped wheel is Satin Graphite. And has an apparent significant color difference to Titanium Satin.

This wheel is Satin Graphite:

Name:	Z06 RS LT 2.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	412328

Upper left looks like dark graphite while lower right appears to be satin silver. Same wheel but two tone look because of lighting.

Post 1 shows - which to me looks like Satin Graphite - because the lighting makes the wheel appear brighter than it actually is.

Name:	Post 1.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	412329

Comment

Satin Graphite are almost like a pencil lead. https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...275#post382275

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=382276&amp;d=1654553655.jpg Views:	0 Size:	570.4 KB ID:	412602
                            2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Member, Old Dominion Corvette Club https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

I ordered my car with the titanium silver wheels for 2 reasons. First because my car will be getting BC Forged wheels before it leaves the dealership and I didn’t want to spend money for a wheel that isn’t even going to be on the car and second because I really like the look of the titanium over the other finishes !!

Comment

Originally posted by DBurnett View Post
                                I ordered my car with the titanium silver wheels for 2 reasons. First because my car will be getting BC Forged wheels before it leaves the dealership and I didn’t want to spend money for a wheel that isn’t even going to be on the car and second because I really like the look of the titanium over the other finishes !!
                                I would ordinarily agree with you regarding liking titanium finish over other finishes; however, the ZO6 has so many dark carbon flash exterior accents that I think a darker wheel choice makes sense and better blends with in with the overall theme of exterior, IMO. That said, the titanium satin do still look dark enough to work and I think would look especially good on silver cars.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X