Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

PRIVATE MESSAGE HINT/HELP

Some are having trouble seeing a PM another member has sent them, saying it is just the title and then a big white blank page. Just click on the title and the message will open up for you. Thanks.
See more
See less

FVS c8 new look at fender and scoop possibilities and side view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FVS c8 new look at fender and scoop possibilities and side view

First my ending rendering from this process, then progressively, how I got there.

Click image for larger version  Name:	CD289BE2-8B06-4DDD-B31B-001C30C91AD9.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	563.2 KB ID:	40526

So here is another look at the paint shop images and CAD fit overlays.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...s-all-together

New discussions made me take another look at the overlay I had done and realized that although the rear Q fender does not IMO show any scoop cut out in these images, it must be there and like the front fenders the opening will be cut out in a secondary operation later.

The one thing I did notice this go round was the highlight above the scoop area that shows how the scoop bulge may blend into the fender.
    More food for thought.
    The latest side view don't look too bad IMO...
    I figure the black insert in the opening could be filled with several different trim options.
    Looking forward to thoughts...

Click image for larger version  Name:	c8 fender fit and new side copy.jpg Views:	28 Size:	3.16 MB ID:	40514

Last edited by John; 06-13-2019, 11:18 PM.

Feels a bit more balanced.

IMO the rear fender looks pretty muscular here.

Click image for larger version  Name:	c8 new side view fender.jpg Views:	4 Size:	788.1 KB ID:	40516
    Last edited by fvs; 06-13-2019, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	c8 rear fender fit  side view body color cove.jpg
Views:	770
Size:	628.1 KB
ID:	40521

Name:	c8 side black out.jpg
Views:	985
Size:	560.4 KB
ID:	40522

Comment

How exciting fvs! I appreciate your starting with our “raw data” from the original pictures and CADs, then basing your renderings from that. My wife, who is definitively not a black car lover, exclaimed how beautiful your last black one is. Thank you for adding to our excitement, helping us to hang in while we wait the last 34 days.

I like the black one, even though that will not be our color, since it is all one color — not the lower door and scoop color differences as in the earlier ones.

Might we please get one or two more all in one color if possible?

And being greeting, might you please also do the black one without a rear spoiler>

Thanks so much.
        Last edited by John; 06-13-2019, 11:14 PM.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Black is beautiful. Thanks.

Name:	63BF7900-C9B8-4B66-8012-418E2E12C309.jpeg
Views:	668
Size:	563.2 KB
ID:	40528
          Enjoying my Shadow gray C8. What a car it is.

Comment

​​​​​​Absolutely beautiful. If the real deal looks half that good, then we're in for a real treat. Looks great in blue as well which is another win in my book.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	imgonline-com-ua-ReplaceColor-FncMwDL7jLSp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	277.6 KB ID:	40533 ​​​​​
            Last edited by Bluevette; 06-14-2019, 01:01 AM.

Comment

I *think* you are very close to the final product.

Comment

Well done FVS!

thanks for your fine effort

Comment

Thanks FVS!

If rapid blue is not the electric blue I am hoping for I think you just sold me on Black with Red interior. If RB is even a real color?
                  Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

What if those panels that were photographed at Bowling Green aren't for the base model C8, but are for the HiPo "Z06" version? The vent in the grey panel next to the rear bumper sure seems to match up pretty similarly with this vent on the front fender of the C8.R:

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	594
Size:	987.5 KB
ID:	40550

Comment

not sure I know what you are looking at?

The black/grey fender is the rear fender not the front... and there is no vent that I can see.

Maybe you can show what you are seeing?

I agree the front fender "could" have a vent like the c8R but there is no evidence or eyewitness descriptions of this.

these are the front fenders.... even tho the title say rear... he did not know at the time. These match the CAD drawings and camo cars exactly..

Click image for larger version  Name:	www.speednik.com-screen-shot-2017-08-09-at-9.19.38-am.jpg Views:	1 Size:	148.5 KB ID:	40553

Comment

FVS I don’t have a clue how you and CHAZ create your “MAGIC “ but it’s sweet!!!! Talk about keeping the juices going for the rest of us. I do agree with John, all one color (any color) with no disruption of the beautiful lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Richrat View Post
                          Thanks FVS!

If rapid blue is not the electric blue I am hoping for I think you just sold me on Black with Red interior. If RB is even a real color?
                          Richrat, please see the new thread on Corvette ME colors, to answer the last part of your quote.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

That's not black, it's Blurple. And I'm in love.
                            Last edited by John; 06-14-2019, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Jorgenson View Post
                              FVS I don’t have a clue how you and CHAZ create your “MAGIC “ but it’s sweet!!!! Talk about keeping the juices going for the rest of us. I do agree with John, all one color (any color) with no disruption of the beautiful lines.
                              I include the Black/CF parts due to our resident eyewitness description. I would be surprised if full body color is not offered.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X