Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John
    replied
    We have learned that 100 C8 mules/IVERS have been produced so far, though about 30 already went to destruction testing, e.g., about 70 different ones are testing on the roads. There are however, so many we never will see because they are living their entire lives within YUMA and Milford Proving Grounds testing areas. Of course not one of the 100 are production sale-able units, so eventually almost all of them go to the crusher, with the probable exception of one to the GM Heritage Museum and another one going to NCM — both 100% for display use only.
    Last edited by John; 06-13-2019, 04:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bobbytinvab
    replied
    Has anybody looked through the pics and vids to check the license plates on these cars. It seems that we are seeing the same car (fish lips etc) numerous times. Is it me or do you guys see the same thing? 35 days and it won't matter, but seems "fishy".

Leave a comment:

• USVTRN
    replied
    As far as the hood goes, we can all see that something is going on under that camo.... as bad as i want it to align with the latest naked "leaked photo", i just cant see that huge opening/vent in the hood. Five weeks indeed!

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    ME’s, just by their not having a front to rear driveline, have a lower CoG. Yes, yes, better for handling on twisting roads. I wonder how much the C8’s height will be lower than the C7’s.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    Thanks. Forgotten about that. Or, in summary, the cars are still slathered with camo, and we are going to be surprised exactly five weeks from today. HOORAY.

Leave a comment:

• electroVette
    replied
    Center of the hood between the strakes is padded and filled in as well.

Leave a comment:

• Z_Rocks
    replied
    The sound of this C8 is better than cars priced 5 times more. Especially with that short exhaust, you feel it in your bone.
    The DCT changed gear very quickly as the guy drove off the lot.

This car is low, flat and wide. A perfect car for twisting roads.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    I think were are still seeing massive camo in three areas on most IVERS, e..g, front grille area, scoop and for those with a spoiler, the spoiler itself.

Leave a comment:

• Meldoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Bobfred44 View Post

Looking at the front end of the last picture it sure looks like the very front is an add-on piece to throw off the look of the front facia.
    Let’s hope so....😎

Leave a comment:

• FrankLP
    replied
    Nice that our C8 driver is like most all us... mindful of potholes!

Notice at ~1:43 how they turn slightly to the right to seemingly avoid that pothole and/or risky road transition.

And I agree with others... nice to get some decent audio of the exhaust note at idle/low speed.
    Last edited by FrankLP; 06-13-2019, 12:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bobfred44
    replied
    Originally posted by Shadow View Post
    Some screen prints.

Click image for larger version

Name:	08688A67-B34A-4D16-BA0B-759A00BA50EA.jpeg
Views:	258
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	40309Click image for larger version

Name:	2C70D151-305E-4BBF-B89F-39FFB7765FB6.jpeg
Views:	250
Size:	237.0 KB
ID:	40311Click image for larger version

Name:	75D14AB8-862F-4764-8718-BED04F393A8D.jpeg
Views:	257
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	40310
    Looking at the front end of the last picture it sure looks like the very front is an add-on piece to throw off the look of the front facia.

Leave a comment:

• Frenzy36
    replied
    Originally posted by USVTRN View Post
    Nice! Any guesses as to why the hood has a gap? Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-06-12-21-25-41.png
Views:	271
Size:	691.1 KB
ID:	40316
    Let's hope there is some type of venting under some camo cardboard or plastic.

Leave a comment:

• CraZ8
    replied
    Hell, I thought the cameraman was going to knock on the drivers window lol

Leave a comment:

• jagamajajaran
    replied
    Fun video from 1:30 on!

Leave a comment:

• Bluevette
    replied
    I love how the driver pulled in to the parking lot, waited for the guy to get out of his car, and left. That was smart lol. Finally got to see the tailings in action and get some good audio though!

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X