Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

Coupe Build/Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...and-price/trim
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 10/11: https://eogld.cloud.gm.com/NASApp/do...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

Mary Barra Driving A C8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary Barra Driving A C8?

I do not think so, if nothing else due to security reasons, but it does look a little like her.

I especially like the straight LED within the headlight. It sure parallels the hood valley that both fvs and Chazcron have been modeling in their most recent renderings. I also like that the source of this picture is from a person on Ferrarichat. That Ferrari folks are at least actively taking notice of the Corvette ME is exciting, e.g., potential brand conquests, if nothing more than as a daily driver to eliminate putting expensive depreciation miles on their super expensive Ferraris.

Thanks to “blacheg” for posting this picture credited to Veedub00from Ferrarichat.

Click image for larger version  Name:	CF0BC758-1E99-42E3-AF89-B0C7C57658B2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	105.7 KB ID:	40115

Click image for larger version  Name:	87EBF29A-9012-462E-9D5C-CA6FC82ABE71.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	176.0 KB ID:	40122

Click image for larger version  Name:	FB1FADE7-4AB3-4525-8A17-F03AD06396FD.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.14 MB ID:	40117

Last edited by John; 06-11-2019, 02:07 PM.
    GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Also see the straight LED strip within the headlight on this video by marceldemario (same video CorvetteBlogger posted earlier today).

Click image for larger version

Name:	33B21EC2-84B4-4F60-92F4-11875269E20E.jpeg
Views:	408
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	40127
    GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Too tall for Mary.

If you recall the New York video with her in the passenger seat, she was really buried down in the cockpit. I suspect she's towards the smaller end of the percentile scale.

Comment

Cool Mary... even if its not her in the c8..

as far as the headlight...the upper portion of the headlight we cant see has the 110 degree angle bend in the light...

less than 40 days!
        Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

Of Course thats Mary Barra, who else would it be?

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            That Ferrari folks are at least actively taking notice of the Corvette ME is exciting, e.g., potential brand conquests, if nothing more than as a daily driver to eliminate putting expensive depreciation miles on their super expensive Ferraris.
            Ferrari owners who love to drive will love the C8. C8 will be the real deal. The base C8 will be competent. The mid level C8 will be a heart throb. IMO. Some exotic owners just own and still will take notice . I predict that Americans who own Ferraiirs will take pride in aa well done Corvette C8.

They bench marked Porsches and Ferraris. It will be as good or better. The current car is.
            Last edited by SheepDog; 06-11-2019, 07:30 PM.

Comment

I do not think that is Mary Barra. How great that we even think of that as a possibility for her personal vehicle is Z06 with the Z07 package. Mary Barra is a gearhead. We are very lucky to have her head up General Motors.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                Cool Mary... even if its not her in the c8..

as far as the headlight...the upper portion of the headlight we cant see has the 110 degree angle bend in the light...

less than 40 days!
                The "bent" light was just a reflection from the overheard lights in that NYC announcement. There will be no curved DRLs on the C8.
                SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

That side scoop is reminding me of the Aventador scoop.

Comment

Thanks CraZ8. Looking at an Aventador, you sure are right. Picture is an official Lamborghini photo.

Name:	DA430DA7-FC1C-4E05-8E2F-6E31339FBBEE.jpeg
Views:	302
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	40167

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                      Thanks CraZ8. Looking at an Aventador, you sure are right. Picture is an official Lamborghini photo.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DA430DA7-FC1C-4E05-8E2F-6E31339FBBEE.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	44.1 KB ID:	40167
                      i don’t know why it didn’t click , for me,earlier. Lol

I think the C8 is going to be sexy as hell if the stance is pulled off correctly.

Comment

Interesting that an FChat guy shared the photo. I was with a group of car guys this weekend and there was a good amount of interest in the C8 on Saturday. I mentioned the forum a couple of times and showed them the site, albeit on my phone. We had a 2019 Superfast, a couple of 458s, some older F cars, 3 various Lambos, multiple Porsches and a Mclaren 720S that participated. The peeps were thinking there was no way the C8 was going to priced at $70K, but if it was, they were going to give it a look see ... there is definitely some interest outside of our Corvette centered group

Comment

Name:	A089B66F-2A89-497E-BAA1-9A6D1B41FA63.jpeg
Views:	227
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	40241

Comment

Originally posted by bobbytinvab View Post
                            Interesting that an FChat guy shared the photo. I was with a group of car guys this weekend and there was a good amount of interest in the C8 on Saturday. I mentioned the forum a couple of times and showed them the site, albeit on my phone. We had a 2019 Superfast, a couple of 458s, some older F cars, 3 various Lambos, multiple Porsches and a Mclaren 720S that participated. The peeps were thinking there was no way the C8 was going to priced at $70K, but if it was, they were going to give it a look see ... there is definitely some interest outside of our Corvette centered group
                            ‘Murica!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bobbytinvab View Post
                              It would be a good investment for those guys to daily drive a C8 and leave the Ferraris and Lambos in the garage to avoid depreciation and maintenance costs. If Juechter's team can achieve 85+% of the Ferrari driving experience then the sky is the limit IMO.

I remember an article that stated Juechter took the Corvette Chief Engineer job on the condition that GM fix some of the shortcomings, but due to the bankruptcy he was limited in both time and money for C7 development. With a larger budget and more development time the C8 will finally fulfill whatever mandates Juechter set as a condition for his employment.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X