MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Chazcron Driveway Walk-Around Videos! C8 Close Up Video

2 of 3 < >

Tonight @ 8:00 PM (PST) Scheduled Software Maintenance. C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK!

HEADS UP PLEASE: Tonight At 8:00 PM Is Scheduled Software Maintenance! Could be up to two hours long — but heretofore every one has been much shorter than the time cautioned.

Reveal Countdown Clock: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
3 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Requirement to cite your post’s sources with a clickable link.

C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

PLEASE, DUE TO COPYRIGHT LAWS, IF YOU USE ANY PART OF AN ARTICLE IN YOUR POST, IMPERATIVE THAT YOU INCLUDE AN ACTUAL, CLICKABLE LINK TO IT. Thank you.
See more
See less

Rendering Video Thanks to Corvette_Nut

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering Video Thanks to Corvette_Nut

Click image for larger version

Name:	E78984EE-F4EF-4445-B2FF-4EF0C8B15F06.jpeg
Views:	301
Size:	188.7 KB
ID:	40033

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

This is BIG!! Corvette Nut has been inexplicably on site in various parts of the country where camoed C8s just happen to be. Some have surmised his improbable presence at these many sightings may be more than just a coincidence. It has been speculated he must have the inside track with Chevy to show the various sightings as part of Chevy's C8 tease "operation".

With that in mind, this may not be a render at all. It may be the actual C8! Note the video has audio unlike the other video renders. Also note when the the dog starts to bark, somebody can be heard trying to shush the dog. This is an actual video of the C8!

Thanks Corvette Nut. You're the real deal!
    Last edited by Boomer; 06-11-2019, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Unless shot on 8mm in Berlin during WWII i don't think this is the real deal... nice nonetheless.

These renders have been so real for so long i have long since forgot that the car isn't real and on the road!

Comment

Boomer is certainly right about Corvette Nut's "coincidental" nearness to so many C8 sightings. And I think the low quality actually supports the idea that this could be the real deal. Comparing it to Chazcron's driveway renders, those renders almost look too perfect. If this is a render, it's a very artful one, with the quality intentionally reduced below what the software is capable of producing. And remember the bump on the rear of the hood on the car Tadge and Mary were in at the NYC announcement? I think that lines up pretty well with the vent in this car / render.

OTOH, the nose seems to be much lower, and the grill much narrower (top to bottom) than in the recent shots we've seen from the proving grounds.

If nothing else, it's fun to speculate. Given Corvette Nut's apparent proximity to the C8 team, even if this is a render it may be based on much more inside knowledge than any others we've seen.

Edit: I took the still shot John posted above and brightened up the dark areas in Photoshop, which reveals a little more.There appears to be a little something sitting on the roof right where the side window ends. Why would someone stick something like that in a render? Compared to Chazcron's renders, the glass seems more realistic here. You can see through the "glass" in those driveway renders too clearly compared to a real car. And the low resolution of this video is believable if you accept that it's from a security camera, as the text in the upper corners seems to indicate.

OTOH, if it's a security camera, why is it moving rather than fixed? But if real, it was taken yesterday at 4:05 in the afternoon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Real C8 - maybe.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	40067
        Attached Files
        Last edited by meyerweb; 06-11-2019, 09:21 AM.
        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
        >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Looks like someone morphed a C7 canopy and Chazcron s render. If this was the real car there would be some very disappointed people including me.

funny sound in background and “ surprised” filmmakers. I’ve seen UFO videos like this.
          Last edited by fvs; 06-11-2019, 09:08 AM.

Comment

I like the way things are lining up in this video render, if it is a controlled leak of a "real deal" I'm ok with it

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
              Boomer is certainly right about Corvette Nut's "coincidental" nearness to so many C8 sightings. And I think the low quality actually supports the idea that this could be the real deal. Comparing it to Chazcron's driveway renders, those renders almost look too perfect. If this is a render, it's a very artful one, with the quality intentionally reduced below what the software is capable of producing. And remember the bump on the rear of the hood on the car Tadge and Mary were in at the NYC announcement? I think that lines up pretty well with the vent in this car / render.
              Good analysis meyerweb. The lower nose and narrower grill appearance is probably due to the angle of the video. Corvette Nut hasn't produced any renderings.
              Last edited by Boomer; 06-11-2019, 09:20 AM.

Comment

*IF* it is a controlled leak, it could be known as the C8 zapruder film

Interesting notes on this render are the hood vents and ground effects. If this is the entry level model, it is very well endowed. Otherwise, it could be a Z model.

Comment

The C7 canopy and rear q glass is wrong as are the side mirrors.
                  Looks like a morph video to me. Also note the weird camera movement. Look how strangely the greenhouse sits on the body.

the 1950 s air raid siren was a nice touch as was the guy whispering “ “shi*” as if he was caught breaking into Fort Knox !

if this was the actual car. GM will have no problem moving the remainder of the c7s. I’ll be on the line for a nice C7 grand sport in a month.
                  Last edited by fvs; 06-11-2019, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Even in the first week of 2018, C8 spy pictures when they were testing the mules at Kapuskasing (GM’s winter testing facility that every one of its vehicles must be evaluated at), that mule’s mirrors, which look very different from above, were seen. BTW, those mirrors have been unchanged since then in every one of the over 300 pictures we have seen since.

Click image for larger version  Name:	86079DC7-8EF0-49C3-B949-BEFF6123D82C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	137.7 KB ID:	40071

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Guys it is a fake render. 2NCS does lots of 3D work. Here is another one of his videos...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvtVnnDF...ns_share_sheet

Comment

Thanks Benplace. Fun video you linked.

Comment

Originally posted by Benplace View Post
                          Guys it is a fake render. 2NCS does lots of 3D work. Here is another one of his videos...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvtVnnDF...ns_share_sheet
                          much better one. thanks

the thirst is real....

Comment

Who is Corvette Nut?

Comment

Originally posted by CraZ8 View Post
                              Who is Corvette Nut?
                              that is the $64,000 question...

; )

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom