MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Chazcron Driveway Walk-Around Videos! C8 Close Up Video

2 of 3 < >

Tonight @ 8:00 PM (PST) Scheduled Software Maintenance. C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK!

HEADS UP PLEASE: Tonight At 8:00 PM Is Scheduled Software Maintenance! Could be up to two hours long — but heretofore every one has been much shorter than the time cautioned.

Reveal Countdown Clock: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
3 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Requirement to cite your post’s sources with a clickable link.

C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

PLEASE, DUE TO COPYRIGHT LAWS, IF YOU USE ANY PART OF AN ARTICLE IN YOUR POST, IMPERATIVE THAT YOU INCLUDE AN ACTUAL, CLICKABLE LINK TO IT. Thank you.
See more
See less

Close Up New Video of C8 While Parked

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it is also been staged. It however brought enjoyment to many of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Supa_Fly_Z51 View Post
      Anyone noticed the dual rear brake calipers ? 🤔
      They aren't dual rear brake calipers. The smaller secondary caliper is for the electric parking brake. This is the same thing all the exotics have been doing for over a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by foreignbishop View Post

I don't think that's a cross bar. I'm going to speculate that's actually the top part of the side scoop that goes up from there to form the curve over the rear fender which would also seem to mean the the "fang" or "shark tooth" on the door is all fake and the scoop begins immediately aft of the door line. Again, IMO.
        The more I see that image of the scoop area, the more I am convinced it (the scoop) looks nothing like what everyone thinks it looks like. For example, if you look at the left side (especially near the top), why is it SO thick? There is no reason I can think of that it would need to be that thick. And then the obvious material (the white at the top and bottom) being used as filler or support, if support, that would never be visible on a production car unless they planned to cover the whole thing with mesh to hide it, which would look goofy too. And add in how far out it sticks, no other car has the massive bulging scoop like that, it would be an aero drag nightmare.

That "cross bar" could also be some sort of temporary mounting for the door release button so they can open the door. Pretty sure I remember the video of the car in NYC, Tadge pressed something under the fang to open the door (it looked like that at least).

I agree, the scoop begins aft the door line. There could be a small leading edge of the scoop near the top where they hide the door release, but it will not be some big wing hanging out there that some vocal folks seem to think will be there. At least IMHO.
        Last edited by dweaver; 06-12-2019, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Going to be amazing whatever it finally is. We have so many different perspectives on, is the scoop’s shape, where it starts, whether any part of it is on the door, and even whether the entry model is going to even have a scoop. And our very different ideas could individually all be right — due to the massive camo still on the car in that area.

Kind of like the rear spoiler, e.g., another area massively disguised.
          Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

New C8 video by Jacob Daniel. Closeups of a couple of sections of the mule.

Click image for larger version

Name:	69727B6A-EB4E-4A61-93F2-1D29D7EF0611.jpeg
Views:	97
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	40290

Last edited by John; 06-12-2019, 07:18 PM.
            Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Exhaust system detail. That is the closest up we have seen it.
              Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

good catch John ... looks like the exhaust has valve on it similar to NPP

Comment

I am sure this video was a set up. GM had to allow this. They are not just leaving these cars out in dark parking lots for Dumb and Dumber to video. Again, GM throwing us off on that side scoop configuration, that isn't going to happen as we see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow View Post
                    Exhaust system detail. That is the closest up we have seen it.
                    Assuming those are the real exhaust tips. Those would be easy to change out for production. Heck, GM could have bought some at Pep Boys for the test cars to keep us fooled.
                    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                    >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

It would not surprise me that the revealed tips are entirely different (nor would that disappoint me).

Comment

I’ll drink to that. Also a second round.

Not a lot new here. Still glad to see the exhaust tip part of it.
                        Last edited by John; 06-13-2019, 08:18 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X