MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Stingray Sites For Your Convenience

See more
See less

Close Up New Video of C8 While Parked

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Close Up New Video of C8 While Parked

    Thanks to Joseph Daniel for this video!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	E7E1ACE2-1D4D-41A6-8A65-A771823CB612.jpeg
Views:	2357
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	39923

    Last edited by John; 06-09-2019, 07:29 PM.
    Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of NCM.

  • #2
    Nice, quite a bit of information there...

    Comment


    • #3
      Nobody watching the store… ?

      Comment


      • #4
        Plot twist: The people behind the video are GM employees and they were given permission to post this. I mean probably not, but it is possible lol. Also, this is more proof in my opinion that those side intakes have fake panels and that they are going to look completely different when we see them next month.
        Last edited by Bluevette; 06-09-2019, 07:50 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          I agree. As I have said, My renders (and others) are based mostly on the eyewitness accounts...which could be mistaken or misleading or true!

          Here is a detail from the video that shows a strange cross bar that seems to cut down and in at the top... not unlike the new Mclaren GT at the top break of the scoop... very strange indeed.


          The bottom edge and section (if true) does seem to lean back and looks fairly straight again not unlike the c8R and Mclaren.


          Anything is possible and should prove very exciting in about 5 weeks!
          Click image for larger version  Name:	c8 scoop from vid.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.17 MB ID:	39929
          Last edited by fvs; 06-09-2019, 08:08 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks fvs; I always enjoy your analysis.
            Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of NCM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Looks like an older mule, the headlights look like the C7 style horizontal not vertical design. More propaganda to throw everyone off. Also seems like they intentionally didn’t show the mirrors, interior or the engine bay and I’m sure there’s not going to be a huge gap in the side air intake...FUNNY 😀😀😀
              Last edited by Richrat; 06-09-2019, 09:47 PM.
              Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, Just SOLD my 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam and Vortech supercharger for new C8 - On Kerbeck's pre-order list for a 2020 ME C8

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Richrat View Post
                Looks like an older mule, the headlights look like the C7 style horizontal not vertical design. More propaganda to throw everyone off. Also seems like they intentionally didn’t show the mirrors, interior or the engine bay and I’m sure there’s not going to be a huge gap in the side air intake...FUNNY 😀😀😀
                Not sure you watched the right video...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Anyone noticed the dual rear brake calipers ? 🤔

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    one would be for the park brake

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Nelson View Post
                      one would be for the park brake
                      Correct, the same as Ferrari, Lamborghini, and many others,

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Cool to see another "impromptu" spy shot! Actually wondering if this was an intentional leak to keep us all "happy" while we wait.

                        A bit like the old Italian restaurants that would give you a small slice of pizza, or a fried ravioli or two while you were waiting in line to get seated. Just an appetizer (and great gesture from the owners)... a taste of what's to come, but certainly intended to NOT spoil one's appetite!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by fvs View Post

                          Not sure you watched the right video...
                          FVS, I trust your judgement, this video seems totally set up to me. I cannot make out anything new we haven't seen before. If you did notice anything new please point out what is so different. My guess is if any normal car enthusiast got close to a C8 you would have a more revealing video of the interior, the engine bay...Something, not a run by showing a big gap in the air intake between the body and the radiator.

                          My 2 cents,

                          Rich
                          Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, Just SOLD my 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam and Vortech supercharger for new C8 - On Kerbeck's pre-order list for a 2020 ME C8

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by fvs View Post
                            I agree. As I have said, My renders (and others) are based mostly on the eyewitness accounts...which could be mistaken or misleading or true!

                            Here is a detail from the video that shows a strange cross bar that seems to cut down and in at the top... not unlike the new Mclaren GT at the top break of the scoop... very strange indeed.


                            The bottom edge and section (if true) does seem to lean back and looks fairly straight again not unlike the c8R and Mclaren.


                            Anything is possible and should prove very exciting in about 5 weeks!
                            Click image for larger version Name:	c8 scoop from vid.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.17 MB ID:	39929
                            I don't think that's a cross bar. I'm going to speculate that's actually the top part of the side scoop that goes up from there to form the curve over the rear fender which would also seem to mean the the "fang" or "shark tooth" on the door is all fake and the scoop begins immediately aft of the door line. Again, IMO.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by foreignbishop View Post

                              I don't think that's a cross bar. I'm going to speculate that's actually the top part of the side scoop that goes up from there to form the curve over the rear fender which would also seem to mean the the "fang" or "shark tooth" on the door is all fake and the scoop begins immediately aft of the door line. Again, IMO.
                              I agree, I just referred to it as a cross bar to describe the structure. It is lower than the door handle triangle we all know and love. ; )

                              Some strange doing here...

                              Comment

                              MECF_728x90_bottom

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X