MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Chazcron Driveway Walk-Around Videos! C8 Close Up Video

2 of 3 < >

Tonight @ 8:00 PM (PST) Scheduled Software Maintenance. C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK!

HEADS UP PLEASE: Tonight At 8:00 PM Is Scheduled Software Maintenance! Could be up to two hours long — but heretofore every one has been much shorter than the time cautioned.

Reveal Countdown Clock: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
3 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Requirement to cite your post’s sources with a clickable link.

C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

PLEASE, DUE TO COPYRIGHT LAWS, IF YOU USE ANY PART OF AN ARTICLE IN YOUR POST, IMPERATIVE THAT YOU INCLUDE AN ACTUAL, CLICKABLE LINK TO IT. Thank you.
See more
See less

New Interior Rendering Thanks To Chazcron

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Interior Rendering Thanks To Chazcron

Please do not miss going to post # 11 where Chazcron has provided us a revised/updated interior and a new “look” into the cabin, including a silver one.

Originally posted by Chazcron
    Here's what's likely to be my only interior-focused render. There is simply too little revealed to model much more than this. Not even a whiff of HVAC. I will still model the console between the seatbacks. It does give a bit of feel on what the interior MIGHT look like. There are some bits photoshopped in from the CarScoops photos.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	06A4FC0D-89CF-4609-A51B-E796AD36E006.jpeg Views:	494 Size:	61.9 KB ID:	39824

Click image for larger version  Name:	1AB1D08D-2068-4FD7-9FA8-508B09057FBC.jpeg Views:	149 Size:	47.5 KB ID:	39825
    Last edited by John; 06-09-2019, 02:42 PM.
    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Here are those earlier Carscoops pictures, with thanks and credit to them!

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/01/ex...proved-design/

Click image for larger version

Name:	C8531DAB-F91A-4C6B-B060-02F886848810.jpeg
Views:	551
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	39820Click image for larger version

Name:	A4BE3243-D78D-4022-AC10-849C410CCC6F.jpeg
Views:	541
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	39821Click image for larger version

Name:	F94B2A93-3B30-421D-8675-C0FED1970EB7.jpeg
Views:	542
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	39822
    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Interesting, but I can't say I'm a fan of the angled divider between driver and passenger. I know it's an evolution of the design in the C7 with some actual functionality this time around, but it just seems awkward to me personally. Maybe it will be more appealing when I get to see the real thing.

Comment

It does look awkward, though I have heard tell that it is not larger than what we have in the C7 — though it does lack that hand holding opening inside of it. Also, our eyes are at least two feet back of even in minuscule rearward most edge. I do not feel it will make the passenger felt claustrophobic. GM could have easily moved some of those switches elsewhere if they felt it was too intrusive a divider — either literally or even psychologically.

If one looks at the rightmost of the Carscoops pictures, to me (and I could be wrong), it appears that is max height in the same plane as the steering wheel is only about 6” tall.

In Chazcron’s drawing the frontmost/max height is equal to the dash’s flat horizontal plane, yet IMO in the Carscoop’s picture the divider’s frontmost/top edge appears 3 to 4” lower than the horizontal dash plane.
        Last edited by John; 06-08-2019, 10:00 PM.

Comment

I will reserve judgement until I see the real deal because honestly what i'm seeing here is on the ugly side of the spectrum for me.

Comment

More than fair that many are not yet happy about the divider. Hopefully, all of us will be later.

Nice that when we first learned about the reveal date it was 82 days away, and now down to 40.
            Last edited by John; 06-08-2019, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post
              Interesting, but I can't say I'm a fan of the angled divider between driver and passenger. I know it's an evolution of the design in the C7 with some actual functionality this time around, but it just seems awkward to me personally. Maybe it will be more appealing when I get to see the real thing.
              I agree , think the divider looks ackward. , don’t like it all

Comment

Anyone else see the shape from the key fob in all the chrome trim bits on the steering wheel?

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_7401.jpg Views:	2 Size:	9.8 KB ID:	39848Click image for larger version  Name:	image_7404.jpg Views:	2 Size:	61.8 KB ID:	39849
                  Just looking at the pictures, I think that the divider is much smaller than what Chazcron has in the render. In the picture, it only goes up to about 3/4 of the screen's height (at most) where the render has it going all the way up.
                  ​​​​
                  Last edited by Bluevette; 06-09-2019, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Bluevette and others thinking along those lines, I just heard back from Chaz (he’s out and about), that he agrees with your comments.

Comment

Updated interior rendering and exciting new view into the car. Thank you Chazcron. Notice the smaller, lower-height divider.

Originally posted by Chazcron
                      Here's a silver one with a few of the aforementioned modifications, Elegant pointed out the center console was too high and he was right. Just a reminder, I am not a mind reader or an automotive interior designer, so yeah, the dash is way wrong and not very pleasing, but this is intended to give the essence. Alas. still no rearview mirror modeled.

Click image for larger version  Name:	66E9B9B9-4892-459F-B411-75E2D98913C3.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	64.2 KB ID:	39879Click image for larger version  Name:	F07B73A9-5453-4030-91FC-A07A768568D0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	63.4 KB ID:	39880

For the many who missed my mistake I added the correct steering wheel turn, and made a pair for whatever your preference may be.

Comment

I like Chazcron’s revision. The smaller divider looks a lot better.

Comment

Ditto on the smaller divider. Silver looks mighty nice.

Comment

Struck by two things in this render.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AC355D8B-CF42-4ADF-B3E8-DB592A2EB1DF.jpeg
Views:	407
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	39891

* The look of the front fender from this vantage. That is very interesting. It echoes the similar valley in fvs’s rendering of a few days ago.

Click image for larger version  Name:	6E222973-C04E-4B51-81FB-A11FA0C6502C.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	2.14 MB ID:	39886

* We still have not figured out that “window” behind the B pillar. It is a cheap plastic panel? Think that is less than a 1% chance, but what is it? Might it be a window that one could look into/at the side of the motor? Or an intake air vent?

Anyone have an idea?
                            Last edited by John; 06-09-2019, 03:26 PM.

Comment

We will definitely miss the handhold on the passenger side, it’s in the perfect position ergonomically for the passenger to rest their hand. My wife finds uses it all the time getting in and out. Just wondering if there won’t be a handhold indentation on the passenger side of the console so the passenger has somewhere to grab besides the sloping row of buttons.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X