MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! 1959 Stingray Race Re-Imagined “Modern” C8 Close Up Video

2 of 3 < >

Tonight @ 8:00 PM (PST) Scheduled Software Maintenance. C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK!

HEADS UP PLEASE: Tonight At 8:00 PM Is Scheduled Software Maintenance! Could be up to two hours long — but heretofore every one has been much shorter than the time cautioned.

Reveal Countdown Clock: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
3 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Requirement to cite your post’s sources with a clickable link.

C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

PLEASE, DUE TO COPYRIGHT LAWS, IF YOU USE ANY PART OF AN ARTICLE IN YOUR POST, IMPERATIVE THAT YOU INCLUDE AN ACTUAL, CLICKABLE LINK TO IT. Thank you.
See more
See less

Fun New Rendering Comparing The C8 To A $455,000 Base Price Ford

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun New Rendering Comparing The C8 To A $455,000 Base Price Ford

Thanks Chazcron!

Originally posted by Chazcron
    Here's a modified one I did last week for Brink of Speed. Pricewise, these cars are not in the same league, but still.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	B4C99CCF-625E-4A16-8ACF-9AF2B73B4A4A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	82.5 KB ID:	39468

I am betting the Z06 version of the C8 will far outperform the Ford GT.
    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Nicely done Chaz, Let's hope it's a great Value as well as good looking.
    Rocket City Florida

Comment

To me the sound of a sport car is very important. The GT doesn't have the bark as the Corvette does. Especially, since the C8 Exhaust system is much shorter, we will get that real V8 sound. I've heart GT sound and it sounded wimpy.

Comment

I too have been far from an admirer of the Ford GT’s sound.

Comment

I had lunch last week with an acquaintance who has a Ford GT along with a new Z06 and a variety of Euro-exotics. He said that the GT is just a race car (albeit a good one) and fairly unpleasant to drive on the street (he is active in track days also). He then said that the Corvette is still his main choice for an enjoyable performance car and he'll be a C8 buyer when available. This is pretty solid praise from someone who has the choices we mostly can just imagine.
          Current: 2019 Coupe, Z06, 3LZ, Elkhart Lake Blue, Jet Black.
          Former: 2015 Coupe, LT1, Z51 3LT, Laguna Blue, Jet Black.

Comment

Great post German. Exactly what GM is hoping for. Of course they are not expecting your friend to sell his Ford GT, just will be happy when he buys a C8 as a DD.
            Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Look through the door on the LEFT,WOW is that car gorgeous,too bad most of us will never be able to go through that door. Look through the door on the RIGHT and HEY I think I can go through that door and thanks to Tadge and his team of designers for the C7&C8 many of us can drive away that gorgeous car that is comparable in every way except price. I can still appreciate the car on the LEFT, but temper it with the joy of driving my C7 (and someday my C8) daily around the Country. Thanks CHAZ for your splendid perspective!!!

Comment

The ford GT is a cool ride but when any car goes to 455 grand its just way over the top . I tend to just lose interest...

of course for those who enjoy owning such pleasures much props...

im always amazed at cars and coffee mornings where half a million dollar cars roll in

just regular people with boatloads of cash..

the fact we can see the ford gt and the standard c8 in the same photo or sketch is pretty insightful..

the c8 sketch is making even the standard c8 look pretty exotic looking,

that was quite surprising

Comment

Love it, Chaz, thanks again!

Comment

I need to show this picture to everyone who says that the C8 renders and test mules (and therefore the C8 in their opinion) look ugly
                    Last edited by Bluevette; 06-12-2019, 08:47 PM.

Comment

IMHO the C8 will be comparable to the FGT in every way. That will put the C8 in a whole other league.

Comment

Originally posted by Z_Rocks View Post
                        To me the sound of a sport car is very important. The GT doesn't have the bark as the Corvette does. Especially, since the C8 Exhaust system is much shorter, we will get that real V8 sound. I've heart GT sound and it sounded wimpy.
                        The GT is mid-engined, with a short exhaust, too. The reason is sounds wimpy is the combination of a V6 firing order and the turbos muffling the exhaust.
                        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                        >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

V6’s doesn’t have to sound wimpy. Listen to a Jaguar F-Type V6 and you will appreciate how assume they sound. I’ve heard the Ford GT many times and the sound is just horrible. At the track in GTLM class it’s even worse. Click below and enjoy.

Last edited by John; 06-14-2019, 08:42 AM. Reason: Thanks MikeC8. Inserted video within your post for quicker listening.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X