Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #121 - Corvette News & Headlines, Mid August 2022

The world of Corvette is really heating up with the release of pricing for the C8 Z06. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger are back with the most current Corvette news and headlines. https://youtu.be/QRAUz6Att0k; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...jnmYV0amyIoQR2
Here are a few of the topics discussed in this week’s show….
1.Chevrolet offering C8 Z06 buyers $5,000 in rewards for not “flipping” their car
2.GM limits the warranty transferability of the C8 Z06 to people who flip their cars
3.The C8 Z06 Order Guide is now available for download
4.FBI raids a Chinese-owned company that makes aluminum wheels for GM
5.Spring Mountain is back open after a flash flood covered the track with sand & debris
6.Our "Corvette Insider" Manny Katakis is back with insider information!
7.Lingenfelter introduces high performance CAI for the C8
8.The first 35th Anniversary Callaway C8 arrives at Ciocca Chevrolet
2 of 3 < >

Find out your C8’s Order Status by asking!

Information provided to MidEngineCorvetteForum members, and with great thanks to Corvette Ed for answering your inquiry requests in our sticky’d “The C8 Order Inquiry Status Thread” in our “Purchasing Section.”https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...inquiry-thread
3 of 3 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

C8 Z With Bike On Top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Z With Bike On Top

Thanks Cars of Ohio for this unusual video.

Click image for larger version  Name:	4E9E2E7D-E933-4D74-8D68-DA98105AB1AE.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.4 KB ID:	377455

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_52063.jpg Views:	3 Size:	36.9 KB ID:	377454

Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available to us. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Road testing accessories. The life of a Corvette engineer.

Comment

Alternative to run flat tires.
      2022 HTC 2LT Z51
      Front lift, mag ride
      black exterior, adrenaline red interior, bright red calipers

Comment

I actually have significant interest in this video, as I bike a lot. Have been wondering how to transport my bike. What's interesting about this mount, most suction cup mounts typically attach to glass, this one appears to be onto the painted top surface of the car. Not sure I want to do that and not sure I want to put a hitch on, hmm what to do...
        On wait list 😂: Torch Red Coupe, 2LT, Z51 Performance Package, FE4 Magnetic Ride, E60 Front Lift, Transparent Roof, Spectra Gray Trident Spoke, Bright Red Brake Calipers, High Wing Spoiler, Natural Interior, Status 3000

Comment

Where's the front wheel? I guess you can't bike with a friend, as the only possible place to put the front wheel is the passenger seat.
          Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

As an avid mountain biker for 30+ years I would never think about putting my bike near our C8. Two different fun things for me but respect those who want to go ahead with this option

Comment

Originally posted by jsf180 View Post
              I actually have significant interest in this video, as I bike a lot. Have been wondering how to transport my bike. What's interesting about this mount, most suction cup mounts typically attach to glass, this one appears to be onto the painted top surface of the car. Not sure I want to do that and not sure I want to put a hitch on, hmm what to do...
              I can answer your question about painted surface. Yes, you can stick the Seasucker suction mount cups on the painted surface. However, you need to make sure that the paint in clean, and you do not use contaminated towel to wipe the surface before sticking. I burned the clearcoat on my targa top paint because my towel was used with detailer spray beforehand. My solution is now: PPF wrap the targa top, and I stick the suction mount cups across the targa and engine hatch glass.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2979.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	377630
              Follow me @smurf.vette on Instagram -- https://www.instagram.com/smurf.vette

Comment

So you can put a tire in the rear trunk but definitely not the front. Caught this review from HotCars tonight and he tried it:

Name:	051622_13b.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	377713

Name:	051622_14b.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	377714

Senior Editor and Founder of CorvetteBlogger.com. I drive my dad's 1966 Corvette Sting Ray Convertible and the National Corvette Museum is my personal Graceland.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobfred44 View Post
                  As an avid mountain biker for 30+ years I would never think about putting my bike near our C8. Two different fun things for me but respect those who want to go ahead with this option
                  Agree, but traveling down to moab utah in my C8 sounds so tempting
                  On wait list 😂: Torch Red Coupe, 2LT, Z51 Performance Package, FE4 Magnetic Ride, E60 Front Lift, Transparent Roof, Spectra Gray Trident Spoke, Bright Red Brake Calipers, High Wing Spoiler, Natural Interior, Status 3000

Comment

Originally posted by KK87 View Post

I can answer your question about painted surface. Yes, you can stick the Seasucker suction mount cups on the painted surface. However, you need to make sure that the paint in clean, and you do not use contaminated towel to wipe the surface before sticking. I burned the clearcoat on my targa top paint because my towel was used with detailer spray beforehand. My solution is now: PPF wrap the targa top, and I stick the suction mount cups across the targa and engine hatch glass.

Name:	IMG_2979.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	377630
                    Thanks for sharing this method and your picture. What would be your thoughts on transparent glass top? And then the other end on engine hatch glass?

Comment

Agree, but traveling down to moab utah in my C8 sounds so tempting
                      Also agree with the C8 and also mountain biking in Moab was fantastic.

Comment

Thanks for sharing this method and your picture. What would be your thoughts on transparent glass top? And then the other end on engine hatch glass?
                        I knew someone who mount a Seasucker roof rack on his transparent roof panel and on the targa top bow right in front of the hatch panel. He's running a Road Rally with a roof box with it.
                        Follow me @smurf.vette on Instagram -- https://www.instagram.com/smurf.vette

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X