Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #109 - Corvette News & Headlines, Mid-May 2022

Join your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com and they discuss what’s happening with America’s Sports Car. https://youtu.be/LY-bD8tscBs; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...HXCQFbRpXxWPtK
1. Hard Top Convertibles now account for 48% of Corvette orders
2. Here are the most popular Corvette colors of 2022
3. 70th anniversary models delayed because of wheel constraints
4. Export versions of the C8 Z06 with corner mounted exhaust will be exported
5. The 2023 Stingray/Z06 Owner’s Manual available for download
6. The 2023 C8 Z06 is the official Pace Car for the Indianapolis 500
7. Corvette Racing’s drivers take a C8 Stingray on the track at Spring Mountain
8. Corvette Hall Of Fame inductees announced
9. Corvette is the AutoCar 2022 Dream Car of the Year

CORVETTE TODAY is the best way to stay current on what’s happening with Corvette! Don’t miss this episode…..

LISTEN TO THE PODCAST, WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO, SIGN UP FOR EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS AND JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP AT:

www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
2 of 2 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Best Black Z06 Pics Yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Black Z06 Pics Yet

Thanks to GM Authority for these three (plus partial edited one, but all thanks and credit to GMA).

Click image for larger version

Name:	BDA0C072-777F-4632-9E86-8B28E474056F.jpg
Views:	1406
Size:	557.5 KB
ID:	376981 Click image for larger version

Name:	DD2D2FAF-22C6-44D2-9534-300A47438648.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	241.7 KB
ID:	376982 Click image for larger version

Name:	4AA1ABBE-DBB6-406A-945D-7EE28197066F.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	209.0 KB
ID:	376983 Click image for larger version

Name:	465648B8-4F34-4E7E-A4F5-B299E92981CE.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	223.4 KB
ID:	376984

Z07 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available including the wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

ERay check out the exhausts

i know i should change my z06 order to the eray because it just dawned on me the other day corvette engineers surely must have added a loud jet turbine sound in addition to the lt2 so in cabin driving is a more visceral...experience..

hehe

Comment

The black widebody is menacing! Eray or z06

the black stingray was more svelte and sexy in black...

again jmo

Comment

Yes, JB is correct. It's an E Ray, or this particular C8 Z06 EX VIN wide body has been around for almost a year now.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
          ERay check out the exhausts

i know i should change my z06 order to the eray because it just dawned on me the other day corvette engineers surely must have added a loud jet turbine sound in addition to the lt2 so in cabin driving is a more visceral...experience..

hehe
          I think an article came out last week that this was the Euro-spec Z06 as they need to put side exhaust setup for GPF/OPF filter.
          Follow me @smurf.vette on Instagram -- https://www.instagram.com/smurf.vette

Comment

GM also has said, "Hiding in plain sight..." I wonder if the EU spec Z06 is a misdirection and this is the E-Ray. Fun to always keep us guessing! I'm hoping that GM will do a formal announcement later this year and have the E-Ray come out about a year after the Z06 on the assembly line.

Comment

Sorry to disappoint but E-Ray deliveries are far from just around the corner. Sure they have been testing it, but as to when the first customers are going to receive it, my thoughts are it will literally be in the 2024 calendar year. Yes however it will be revealed some time next year.

As we all painfully remember (and still on going is the time between the reveals and customer Corvettes as GM is showing us with the Z06), the elapsed time is typically between 10 and 12 months. Not just for the Z06 but previous versions. The C7 Z06 for example was revealed on January 14, 2014 and the first customer one was delivered to Rick Hendrick on November 19, 2014.

While so much angst now about the time line between the C8 Z06’s October 26th reveal and it’s now customer arrivals late summer, that is again totally in keeping with repetitive past GM timelines. I would expect that same timeline difference between the E-Ray’s reveal and its customers first driving it.
              Z07 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available including the wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Good looking in black either way.

Comment

So, are people thinking the E-Ray will have the same body as the Z06? I'm sure there will be some changes to accommodate the front end motors, or maybe not, as the space needed for the motors might well be given up by the frunk. This car looks like a Z06 all the way, the corner exhaust could mean that it's configured as an export model where the original exhaust position better suits the need for particle filters required in Europe.

Comment

As much as the c6 and c7 differed in grandsport and z06 body panels at most.

probably emblems, spring rates and tires at the least.

Comment

This says it all, circa 1996. The black Z06 is an update to this...Bob

Click image for larger version

Name:	ChevImpalaSS1996vader.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	247.4 KB
ID:	377817
                      2016 Z06 Long Beach Red #10281 "POPS Z"
                      -Kalahari, 2LZ, Auto, chrome wheels
                      1995 ZR-1 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN" --Haibeck 350/510hp package, Sold but still running strong
                      1993 ZR-1 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING" --Sold but still running strong
                      1967 Corvette Coupe --Marlboro Maroon/Saddle 300 HP 4 Speed, Sold in 1977
                      ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
                      Member of Original ZR-1 Registry
                      NCM Lifetime Member
                      Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
                      "Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X