Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #109 - Corvette News & Headlines, Mid-May 2022

Join your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com and they discuss what’s happening with America’s Sports Car. https://youtu.be/LY-bD8tscBs; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...HXCQFbRpXxWPtK
1. Hard Top Convertibles now account for 48% of Corvette orders
2. Here are the most popular Corvette colors of 2022
3. 70th anniversary models delayed because of wheel constraints
4. Export versions of the C8 Z06 with corner mounted exhaust will be exported
5. The 2023 Stingray/Z06 Owner’s Manual available for download
6. The 2023 C8 Z06 is the official Pace Car for the Indianapolis 500
7. Corvette Racing’s drivers take a C8 Stingray on the track at Spring Mountain
8. Corvette Hall Of Fame inductees announced
9. Corvette is the AutoCar 2022 Dream Car of the Year

CORVETTE TODAY is the best way to stay current on what’s happening with Corvette! Don’t miss this episode…..

LISTEN TO THE PODCAST, WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO, SIGN UP FOR EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS AND JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP AT:

www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
2 of 2 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

C8 Autobahn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Autobahn

For what I understand this guy does reviews for a German magazine. I don't speak German, but I think he likes it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRghGT1dQd0
    2022 2LT CHT - Red/Blk Z51
    Waiting list ZO6

Love it, at the 6:10 mark in the video he's on the autobahn doing 271 km per hour, google says that 168 mph !! Later in the video he takes it even faster !
    Red Mist Coupe, LT3, Z51, Mag Ride, Front Lift, Dual Tops, CF Interior, Black Int w/Red Stitching, Red Bolsters, Edge Red Calipers, Engine Appearance, Edge Red Engine Cover and Carbon Flash Wheels. TPW was 12/13

Comment

Ich spreche ein bischen Deutschmark. Ya, er mag es.

(I speak a little German. Yes, he likes it!)

As to the related question as to how come MECF allows this video of massive speed on public roads but not here in the U.S., on this section of the Autobahn what he was doing was legal.
      Z07 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available including the wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

He didn't hide his enthusiasm, 175.23MPH without breaking a sweat.

Comment

This was a good video, and am very familiar with the particular autobahn (A6) he did this test drive on from when I lived out there.

To give a context on the German motorway system (autobahnen), for those unfamiliar, let me explain the basics:

1. The on/off ramps are at least 3-5 miles apart.
          2. There are long straightaways, unlike several interstates here.
          3. Most traffic drives at around 120-130 km/h (about 74 to 80 mph); not much different than here.
          4. Yes, you can get cited for 'excessive speed in traffic'. This is when the observing Autobahnpolizei see that you are driving significantly faster than the traffic around you such that you are presenting a safety hazard. I know because I was awarded such a citation the weekend I picked up my BMW in Munich! Cost of the citation: EUR 150.
          5. No passing is permitted in the right hand lane.
          6. There are speed limits posted in the vicinity of autobahn interchanges. Don't worry; automated speed cameras are all around to catch violators. Most violations cost around EUR 50
          7. Generally, most Autobahnpolizei patrol cars are unmarked high end sports cars that were confiscated from criminals and absolutely will outrun whatever you're driving.
          8. Their law 'recommends' a maximum speed of no more than 160 km/h (100 mph) in 'unrestricted areas'.
          9. Here in the US, we have highways and other roadways that parallel many of our interstates. This is not the case in Germany. If there is a bad accident that requires a shutdown of a section in BOTH directions (typically if a fatality is involved), you get a "stau", which is German for "most epic, horrific, clusterf**k, $hitshow traffic jam ever in the history of all mankind", and can go back tens of miles for hours on end....where people get out of their cars and go out for a walk up and down the motorway. If you're lucky enough to get off the motorway, expect a 20-30 mile detour.

This said, in three years of living there, I only got caught up in one 'stau', and was lucky enough to be 1km away from an off-ramp...and only be 15 minutes from my place.
          Last edited by ShrikePilot; 05-13-2022, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

As to the related question as to how come MECF allows this video of massive speed on public roads but not here in the U.S., on this section of the Autobahn what he was doing was legal.
            Daas Es Good, Ya? - lol
            2022 2LT CHT - Red/Blk Z51
            Waiting list ZO6

Comment

Sehr gut. Danke
              Z07 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available including the wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

He hit 280 Km/hr on the second acceleration. That is about 174 mph. Pretty good and didn't take long to get there. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable at the speed for long, even on the Autobahn, but the car looked stable - no wandering, no silly stuff.

The Euro C8 will probably be a pretty good cruiser on the Autobahn with decent gas mileage - certainly better than a turbo Porsche. Very Cool or "Sehr Gut !" indeed !

Comment

The German Autobahns without speed restrictions are getting fewer and fewer in recognition of the correlation between speed and accidents. It is just math.

I lived in Europe for 30 years and have been on the Autobahn a lot. You take over a truck doing 50. You are doing 100. Out of nowhere there is a BMW M5 up your behind that was not visible when you started taking over in the mirrors!! Scary.

The no speed limit Autobahn stretches are historically founded. They will be gone at some point and will be part of history.

No person should drive 80-100 miles per hour faster than regular traffic except on a track. Families are trying to get to/from work/family visits.

Question: would those drivers speed like that if the other drivers on the road were close family (children/parents/grand parents/children)?
                  Last edited by Top Off Action; 05-13-2022, 09:06 PM.
                  Coupe, 1LT, Rapid Blue, orange seat belts and black interior. ETA Late 2021.

First mods: tinted windows, orange DIY stitching, orange 12 o clock stripe on steering wheel, orange EL-wire in the cabin, orange engine cover, orange painted grille protectors and orange led light in engine bay✌️😎

Comment

Anything faster than your angels can fly, is fast enough and my angels fly fast too 😉
                    07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”I’m not the best in town, but I’m the best, until the best comes around“

Comment

Toll !!! (and I don't mean the fare you pay to get on the Autobahn). Imagine his enthusiasm when he gets his hands on the Z!

Comment

I routinely drove at 160km/hr (100mph) in my German spec Mercedes 230E back in the late 1980’s when on the autobahn. I was generally going just slightly faster than the normal flow of traffic. You definitely had to be careful when passing though, as sports cars going much faster would definitely appear out of nowhere when you were mid-pass of the slower traffic. The 230E was a 2.3 liter, fuel injected, 4 banger, 4 door sedan. It was very comfortable at 160km/hr, not so much at 200km/hr (125mph), I only tried that once.

ShrikePilot’s description of a German stau is very accurate, it literally made me laugh out loud. I endured several in my 3 years in Germany.
                        Last edited by 16falcon; 05-14-2022, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

Isn't Deutschmark the currency?
                          2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Member, Old Dominion Corvette Club https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

Not any more; it is Euros.

Comment

FYI, Google will generate an English translation in subtitles. It's a little awkward at times, but generally pretty good.

Tap the CC icon to turn on subtitles. Then tap the gear icon, subtitles/CC, Auto translate, and scroll down to English.

I like the part where he says "you can't see at all, but I have a permanent smile on my face." *Right after he slows down from 280 KPH
                              Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X