MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

NEW - C8 Side Profile Rendering by ZoraC2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW - C8 Side Profile Rendering by ZoraC2

C8 Rendering by ZoraC2

Here is my latest rendering from the side.
    I decided to show the beautiful contrast between Corvette Racing Yellow Tintcoat and Carbon Flash (Splitter, Rocker & Spoiler).
    I also wanted to work out what I feel the side vent may ultimately look like where it hooks back and tapers off into the back half of the trapezoid that forms the lower waist line. I feel there are two good ways to finish off that shape, either along the flat and intersect or cross through and over it. I believe it will be the latter. Time will tell!

Questions, comments LMK!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ZoraC2; 05-24-2019, 07:17 AM.
    2020 C8 | 2LT | GKZ Torch Red | Z51 Performance Pckg | FE4 Mag Ride | J6F Red Caliper | C2Z Carbon Roof | AE4 Competition Seats | FA5 Carbon Interior | E60 Front Lift | ZZ3 Engine Appearance Pckg | 5ZU High Wing Spoiler | SPY Black Lug Nuts | 5JR Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps | VQK Front/Rear Splash Guards | RCC Red Engine Cover

Thats an awesome render. Yellow is such a nice colour... makes it harder to decide... red, yellow, orange or shadow grey... those are my finalists. Would be cool if you could do a thread with a bunch of colours to make it easier for us to decide!
    Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

Yes! I like that yellow.

I'm betting that the side scoop you have is closer to the final version. I'm also hoping that the side scoop is more vertical, ending up on the hip rather than the door and that triangle bit is camo...can't imagine that it is really hanging out in space while the door is open

How many more days?
      Last edited by Nitrobrother; 05-24-2019, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Great work ZoraC2! If only GM were to offer that yellow on a C8, our choice would be easily made. Alas, rumors are however, that the new yellow has a fair amount of green to it. However, while we have the new yellow’s paint code, that is a new color to GM and so we as of yet, have nothing to compare it to. Maybe the rumors of a yellow-green or it being a green-yellow are all incorrect. Hope so.

Back to your big fun rendering. Well done ZoraC2!!!
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I am a bit prejudice but i think that VY (Velocity Yellow) is brighter and bolder than the CRY

Comment

I hope GM will offer that yellow on C8 Z06.

Comment

Originally posted by Racer X View Post
              I am a bit prejudice but i think that VY (Velocity Yellow) is brighter and bolder than the CRY
              No prejudice, just fact. A CRY parked next to our VY and the difference was pronounced.
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Nice! I doubt the street car will have that much rake, but it looks great. And based on the most recent spy shots from Milford, I suspect the curve of the side scoop won't come that far forward on the door. But to some extent we're all just guessing.

Originally posted by John View Post
                No prejudice, just fact. A CRY parked next to our VY and the difference was pronounced.
                CRY looks fine. Until you see it next to VY.
                Last edited by meyerweb; 05-24-2019, 12:10 PM.
                SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	D865197E-C7F7-4342-9C99-9DFFD11429EA.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	153.4 KB ID:	37738 The area outlined in red attaches to the ground effect, which formes the bottom half of the scoop shape. I hope you guys like that intake design because that’s basically it.
                  Last edited by C8UR911; 05-24-2019, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Thanks C8UR911!

Comment

YES!!!!! Thank you C8UR911!!!
                      2020 C8 | 2LT | GKZ Torch Red | Z51 Performance Pckg | FE4 Mag Ride | J6F Red Caliper | C2Z Carbon Roof | AE4 Competition Seats | FA5 Carbon Interior | E60 Front Lift | ZZ3 Engine Appearance Pckg | 5ZU High Wing Spoiler | SPY Black Lug Nuts | 5JR Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps | VQK Front/Rear Splash Guards | RCC Red Engine Cover

Comment

This really looks fantastic!
                        Weekly sports car news
                        https://www.youtube.com/revmatchtv

Comment

Very nice... well done! I do like that shade of yellow too.

Comment

Thank you ZoraC2. That is one good looking rendering
                            Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

Originally posted by C8UR911 View Post
                              Click image for larger version Name:	D865197E-C7F7-4342-9C99-9DFFD11429EA.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	153.4 KB ID:	37738 The area outlined in red attaches to the ground effect, which formes the bottom half of the scoop shape. I hope you guys like that intake design because that’s basically it.
                              Forgive me if this has been pointed out before but I think this is the first render that has shown the fuel door on it. So C8UR911 is this the correct place for the fuel door?

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X