Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

Coupe Build/Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...and-price/trim
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 10/11: https://eogld.cloud.gm.com/NASApp/do...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

c8 side gif based on latest images and Chazcron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c8 side gif based on latest images and Chazcron

Here is a c8 side render and gif off the latest images. I used Chazcrons wonderful 3d render as the basis of the render and altered it slightly to exactly fit the shapes of the camo car image. The scoop shape and blend to the fender is slightly different as is the tail lights, rear deck glass and side window profile.

Bottom image shows an alternate scoop cover...

Click image for larger version

Name:	c8 side gif chaz.gif
Views:	3288
Size:	875.1 KB
ID:	37509

Click image for larger version

Name:	c8 chaz overlay gif 3.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	482.2 KB
ID:	37510Click image for larger version

Name:	c8 chaz overlaygif 4 alt scoop.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	479.9 KB
ID:	37511

Thanks once more for the great looking renderings, I'll take the the middle one in blue .....
    A thought if I might ...

Comment

Thank you fvs! Very nicely done. Thanks to Chazcron for the major assist. Great to foresee the future.
      GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Nice, but I think the rear deck is much less flat in the photo than it looks in the render. That may just be an issue with the light and shadow in the image.
        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
        >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Thanks Chaz and FVS for your talented renders based off of all of the spy photos and camo. At least we dont have to go to the eye doctor to get the camo imprint off of our retina's.
          Rocket City Florida

Comment

appreciate the effort FVS ... I'm not sold on the side scoop, I hope it has a more "subtle" shape to the rear most section ... More of a radius curve than a sharp point. I'm not nit picking here, I just think it's the key element to the look of the car, and with all the other curves the sharp point of the scoop doesn't match up. The camo has me confused ... nothing new there

Comment

Originally posted by bobbytinvab View Post
              appreciate the effort FVS ... I'm not sold on the side scoop, I hope it has a more "subtle" shape to the rear most section ... More of a radius curve than a sharp point. I'm not nit picking here, I just think it's the key element to the look of the car, and with all the other curves the sharp point of the scoop doesn't match up. The camo has me confused ... nothing new there
              Thanks for the words. Some other elements of the car that we know for almost sure is that there are very sharp angles and points in the design. Note the headlamps and tail lamps. The pointed hood which is almost certain. The angled and "pointy" Q glass/vent. The scoop is a reflection of these design elements.

We have all shown the scoop in many different configurations and shapes and have been searching and scrutinizing each new image for a glimmer of truth.

The scoop shapes shown are "possible" variations based on the camo and CAD images as well as eyewitness descriptions.

We are most likely not correct but I can almost guarantee with complete uncertainty that there will be a hole of some kind in the side of the car!

56 days will tell... but I do not think the C8 will be "subtle"...
              Last edited by fvs; 05-23-2019, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Good "points" FVS ... agree there will be a hole in the side of the car somewhere

Comment

Nice! Nice! Nice!

The closeness of the renderings probably influnces GM to show a little more a little earlier.
                  Last edited by SheepDog; 05-23-2019, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fvs View Post

... I can almost guarantee with complete uncertainty that there will be a hole of some kind in the side of the car!
                    I love it! Made me laugh FVS ... thanks for all you (and Chazcron) do for us.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X