Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #121 - Corvette News & Headlines, Mid August 2022

The world of Corvette is really heating up with the release of pricing for the C8 Z06. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger are back with the most current Corvette news and headlines. https://youtu.be/QRAUz6Att0k; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...jnmYV0amyIoQR2
Here are a few of the topics discussed in this week’s show….
1.Chevrolet offering C8 Z06 buyers $5,000 in rewards for not “flipping” their car
2.GM limits the warranty transferability of the C8 Z06 to people who flip their cars
3.The C8 Z06 Order Guide is now available for download
4.FBI raids a Chinese-owned company that makes aluminum wheels for GM
5.Spring Mountain is back open after a flash flood covered the track with sand & debris
6.Our "Corvette Insider" Manny Katakis is back with insider information!
7.Lingenfelter introduces high performance CAI for the C8
8.The first 35th Anniversary Callaway C8 arrives at Ciocca Chevrolet
2 of 3 < >

Find out your C8’s Order Status by asking!

Information provided to MidEngineCorvetteForum members, and with great thanks to Corvette Ed for answering your inquiry requests in our sticky’d “The C8 Order Inquiry Status Thread” in our “Purchasing Section.”https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...inquiry-thread
3 of 3 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

C8 Pics Just Posted on Car and Driver 5/21/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John
    replied
    Okay folks, thanks for dialing it back. Everyone here has a right to their opinion!

Leave a comment:

• C8UR911
    replied
    Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
    Style is nothing but an opinion. I find the single headlight C1s much better looking that the bug-eyed quad headlight version. Your opinion is just that, yours, and you're entitled to it. But understand not everyone will agree with you, and that what you like isn't a universal truth. As far as iconic, it's hard to imagine anything is more iconic than the original 53 - 54. Or the first V8 Corvette.

I agree that the C2 is the best looking of the bunch, but I'd put the C7 head and shoulders above any of the other cars with round (or oval, or rectangular) tail lights.
    Respectfully, I think you may be confused. You state I need to understand that my opinion is my own and not everyone will agree with me. When did I state my opinion as a universal truth? I concluded my statement with “in my opinion.” Sounds like you didn’t like hearing my opinion. That’s on you.

Leave a comment:

• meyerweb
    replied
    Style is nothing but an opinion. I find the single headlight C1s much better looking that the bug-eyed quad headlight version. Your opinion is just that, yours, and you're entitled to it. But understand not everyone will agree with you, and that what you like isn't a universal truth. As far as iconic, it's hard to imagine anything is more iconic than the original 53 - 54. Or the first V8 Corvette.

I agree that the C2 is the best looking of the bunch, but I'd put the C7 head and shoulders above any of the other cars with round (or oval, or rectangular) tail lights.

Leave a comment:

• C8UR911
    replied

The 55 to 60 vettes aren't beautiful and iconic?
    I didn’t want to go here but let me explain. 55 to 60 were cool and 53-55 were the first body styles, which makes them iconic, but the styling is not as beautiful, IMO, than 1961-62, 63-67, or even 68-72.

The 53-59 are nice, but I don’t like the bloated trunks and the single headlight up front. The Stingray rear-end and dual headlights of the 61-62 were much better looking in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• ZL-1
    replied
    I recall Tadge saying that the NY Mary Barra car was one of their earliest C8 test cars. It seems like no two test cars are identical, with some older ones getting newer updates and others staying with older lights etc. And camo steadily being removed or changed.

Even the earliest cars had the production 4 squared exhaust tips yet this car has fabricated single tip exhaust pipes. That makes me think of the nighttime video from Sebring with the unique and loud screaming exhaust note. The speculation then was that it was a flat plane crank V8, some even thought it sounded like a V6. We didn’t see that car in the daylight but it obviously did not have the stock mufflers. Seeing the non-production exhaust in these new pics makes me wonder if this is the car that was screaming around Sebring that night. Perhaps one of the future engines beyond 2020.

Last edited by ZL-1; 05-23-2019, 12:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nitrobrother
    replied

That's a false conclusion. His assertion was that the MOST beautiful and iconic 'Vettes have round taillights. He said nothing about '55 to '60 'Vettes NOT being beautiful or iconic. Let's not put words in people's keyboards.

Leave a comment:

• meyerweb
    replied
    Originally posted by C8UR911 View Post

True, but the most beautiful and most iconic vettes had round lights. What was once old becomes new again. One day, corvette will get round lights again. Let’s just hope the corvette lives long enough to see that day again.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    All who are doubting the size of the 2020 C8’s frunk, rest assured you will have a grin from ear to ear on just that issue alone.

Leave a comment:

• JustOneMore
    replied
    Originally posted by Maxster View Post

This wouldn't have any front trunk space
    If it looks like this I won't care if I don't have front trunk space.

Leave a comment:

• C8Driving
    replied
    These pictures are fun to see even over and over.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F196CE16-384D-413A-9EF6-130B0FC20F91.jpeg
Views:	223
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	37494Click image for larger version

Name:	4692B4A9-9C47-4A8D-A871-9A64B563F917.jpeg
Views:	207
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	37495

Leave a comment:

• C8UR911
    replied
    Originally posted by John View Post
    As the C8 will not have round tail lights, by the early part of the 2021 model year production, there will be fewer Corvettes which have/have had round taillights than those that do/did, i.e., by then the myth of of Corvettes needing to have round taillights will start to fade into becoming an urban legend.
    True, but the most beautiful and most iconic vettes had round lights. What was once old becomes new again. One day, corvette will get round lights again. Let’s just hope the corvette lives long enough to see that day again.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    As the C8 will not have round tail lights, by the early part of the 2021 model year production, there will be fewer Corvettes which have/have had round taillights than those that do/did, i.e., by then the myth of of Corvettes needing to have round taillights will start to fade into becoming an urban legend.

Leave a comment:

• capevettes
    replied

We've seen shots of the cars on the road with the brake lights showing through the camo, and shots of the C8.R on the track at night. Both show the same angular light design, not round. While it's possible GM went to the trouble of designing and manufacturing fake sets of taillights for all these cars just to trick us, it seems unlikely. I think round taillights have been sent to the dustbin of history. Today's stylists are enamored of "interesting" shapes that integrate into the design / shape of the back end of a car, not just round holes. Besides, Corvettes haven't always had 4 round tail lights. The '53 and '54 had just one round light per side. The '56 through '60 had "ovalish" lights integrated into the rear fender. The quad round lights didn't start until 1960. And the C4 had rectangular lights, and the C5 oval ones, so there's lots of history of Corvettes without 4 round tail lights.
    Well, I think you are probably correct. I have seen the videos of which you speak and it does indeed appear to be more of an angular design. They are very clever with the camo though, and you are seeing what they want you to see. I have no bee in my bonnet for round tail lights. I'm fine either way. Well aware of the history, having owned a few from every generation. Still have an array in my garage with both round and angular design. As for round tail lights being banished to the history books, Ferrari still seems to be able to pull it off. It might look very nice on the C8 and harken back to some of the earlier cars. Quad round lights actually started in 61. I have one in my garage.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    I will be looking first at ACS Composites. They always have great hood designs, and their quality is unparalleled IMO. I have some of their components on my current Corvette — as does several of my friends.

Leave a comment:

• Mobius
    replied
    Originally posted by John View Post
    My belief is that you are right on track, e.g., no hood openings for 2020 (on every version), but reserved for future C8 versions.
    Sounds reasonable, and I expect there will be aftermarket hood options with vents (and likely some very nice looking designs) in just a matter of months after sales begin.

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X