Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

C8 Pics Just Posted on Car and Driver 5/21/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you look at the picture here and the picture I screenshot from the first drive in NY you can see there is going to be a vent or pass through of some kind here. My guess is they are covering it. Look at the NY screenshot you can see that corrugated plastic wrapped in camo vinyl. Right behind the door window between the cabin and the back engine cover/glass.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	326
Size:	245.4 KB
ID:	37437

Name:	fe99bb56cdccd6e3fee483f9701586df-690-460-Y.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	37438

Comment

Autoblog posted pics from the same shoot.

Name:	2020-chevy-corvette-1.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	37440

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/05/22/...#slide-7583023

Comment

Welcome jAIRmeeg! Great first post. A vent to provide fresh air to cool the engine’s surrounding air? An intake vent for the engine intake itself? Or other function? We of course do not know, but personally would love there to be, instead of minuscule window, a vent. With our halo bar or top of rear window area camera connected to the rear view mirror, IMO we do not need a mini-window behind the “B” pillar. But an intake vent there would look really cool.

Thanks jAIRmeeg.

2023 Z06: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, PBC, E60, and with every visible carbon fiber option including wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by smoove7410 View Post
          Autoblog posted pics from the same shoot.

Name:	2020-chevy-corvette-1.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	37440

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/05/22/...#slide-7583023

these latest images are starting to show the car as being much better balanced and sculpted design wise than previous images reflected. Possibly due to the tape accenting the actual form of the car

Comment

Originally posted by capevettes View Post
            Can we summarily dismiss the possibility of round tail lights on the C8? They are very resourceful with the camo. What a curve ball that would be? Someone tell me I'm all wrong on that possibility? ( I probably am wrong LOL) Do we have enough evidence to definitively rule them out?
            We've seen shots of the cars on the road with the brake lights showing through the camo, and shots of the C8.R on the track at night. Both show the same angular light design, not round. While it's possible GM went to the trouble of designing and manufacturing fake sets of taillights for all these cars just to trick us, it seems unlikely. I think round taillights have been sent to the dustbin of history. Today's stylists are enamored of "interesting" shapes that integrate into the design / shape of the back end of a car, not just round holes. Besides, Corvettes haven't always had 4 round tail lights. The '53 and '54 had just one round light per side. The '56 through '60 had "ovalish" lights integrated into the rear fender. The quad round lights didn't start until 1960. And the C4 had rectangular lights, and the C5 oval ones, so there's lots of history of Corvettes without 4 round tail lights.
            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              The C8 has a useful frunk. Even the Ferrari Pista which has a similar massive front hood air duct, has 6.0 cubic feet of storage space. Without a hood air duct the 488 has 8.0 cubic feet, and we have not included the supposed rear cargo area. Methinks a major upside surprise on reveal night as to the C8 coupe’s cargo space — especially with the new McLaren GT having 20 cf. While I doubt 20 cf in the entry C8, wouldn’t it be a hoot if it actually has more cargo space than does a C7 coupe! And then the same with the C8’s HT convertible having more cargo space than a C7 convertible!
              Hope you are right. Either the front hood air duct goes away or is reserved for future versions. Even 6 cubic feet in front and decent space in the rear would be great for me. I am sure that the designers have looked into the Boxster/Cayman to that effect

LT2; Ceramic Gray Metallic; HTM Trim Jet Black; T19 Seat Belt Color Black; AE4 Seat Competition Sport Bucket; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q 5-open spoke Carbon Flash; FE4 Suspension Z51 Magnetic Selective Ride Control; Z51 Performance package
              Delivered September 16, 2020

Comment

My belief is that you are right on track, e.g., no hood openings for 2020 (on every version), but reserved for future C8 versions.
                2023 Z06: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, PBC, E60, and with every visible carbon fiber option including wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

My belief is that you are right on track, e.g., no hood openings for 2020 (on every version), but reserved for future C8 versions.
                  Sounds reasonable, and I expect there will be aftermarket hood options with vents (and likely some very nice looking designs) in just a matter of months after sales begin.
                  My C8:
                  '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
                  '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                  '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
                  '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

I will be looking first at ACS Composites. They always have great hood designs, and their quality is unparalleled IMO. I have some of their components on my current Corvette — as does several of my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

We've seen shots of the cars on the road with the brake lights showing through the camo, and shots of the C8.R on the track at night. Both show the same angular light design, not round. While it's possible GM went to the trouble of designing and manufacturing fake sets of taillights for all these cars just to trick us, it seems unlikely. I think round taillights have been sent to the dustbin of history. Today's stylists are enamored of "interesting" shapes that integrate into the design / shape of the back end of a car, not just round holes. Besides, Corvettes haven't always had 4 round tail lights. The '53 and '54 had just one round light per side. The '56 through '60 had "ovalish" lights integrated into the rear fender. The quad round lights didn't start until 1960. And the C4 had rectangular lights, and the C5 oval ones, so there's lots of history of Corvettes without 4 round tail lights.
                      Well, I think you are probably correct. I have seen the videos of which you speak and it does indeed appear to be more of an angular design. They are very clever with the camo though, and you are seeing what they want you to see. I have no bee in my bonnet for round tail lights. I'm fine either way. Well aware of the history, having owned a few from every generation. Still have an array in my garage with both round and angular design. As for round tail lights being banished to the history books, Ferrari still seems to be able to pull it off. It might look very nice on the C8 and harken back to some of the earlier cars. Quad round lights actually started in 61. I have one in my garage.

Comment

As the C8 will not have round tail lights, by the early part of the 2021 model year production, there will be fewer Corvettes which have/have had round taillights than those that do/did, i.e., by then the myth of of Corvettes needing to have round taillights will start to fade into becoming an urban legend.

Comment

As the C8 will not have round tail lights, by the early part of the 2021 model year production, there will be fewer Corvettes which have/have had round taillights than those that do/did, i.e., by then the myth of of Corvettes needing to have round taillights will start to fade into becoming an urban legend.
                          True, but the most beautiful and most iconic vettes had round lights. What was once old becomes new again. One day, corvette will get round lights again. Let’s just hope the corvette lives long enough to see that day again.

Comment

These pictures are fun to see even over and over.

Name:	F196CE16-384D-413A-9EF6-130B0FC20F91.jpeg
Views:	228
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	37494Click image for larger version

Name:	4692B4A9-9C47-4A8D-A871-9A64B563F917.jpeg
Views:	209
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	37495

Comment

Originally posted by Maxster View Post

This wouldn't have any front trunk space
                              If it looks like this I won't care if I don't have front trunk space.

Comment

All who are doubting the size of the 2020 C8’s frunk, rest assured you will have a grin from ear to ear on just that issue alone.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X