MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! 1959 Stingray Race Re-Imagined “Modern” C8 Close Up Video

2 of 3 < >

Tonight @ 8:00 PM (PST) Scheduled Software Maintenance. C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK!

HEADS UP PLEASE: Tonight At 8:00 PM Is Scheduled Software Maintenance! Could be up to two hours long — but heretofore every one has been much shorter than the time cautioned.

Reveal Countdown Clock: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
3 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Requirement to cite your post’s sources with a clickable link.

C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

PLEASE, DUE TO COPYRIGHT LAWS, IF YOU USE ANY PART OF AN ARTICLE IN YOUR POST, IMPERATIVE THAT YOU INCLUDE AN ACTUAL, CLICKABLE LINK TO IT. Thank you.
See more
See less

C8 Pics Just Posted on Car and Driver 5/21/19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

never seen these before. New to me.

No one mentioned the hood vent!

Very 488 like.... and like c7pimp described too.

Side scoop is essentially the same as seen before but has been smoothed out and refined. The opening prob isn't the actual production yet but is prob close to the basic shape but will include detail trim.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=37271&amp;d=1558459510.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.18 MB ID:	37315

Comment

Originally posted by fvs View Post
      No one mentioned the hood vent!
      I think what you're seeing is an optical illusion caused by the way the black tape is angled inwards. Check out the second picture in the original post and there doesn't seem to be any slanting of the hood down towards where the vent would be located.

Comment

Also appears they adjusted the windshield wipers since this previous pic.
        Rocket City Florida

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

I think what you're seeing is an optical illusion caused by the way the black tape is angled inwards. Check out the second picture in the original post and there doesn't seem to be any slanting of the hood down towards where the vent would be located.
          could be right...

Comment

Previous post from C8UR911 Stated that this render below had the proper side scoop. LINK- https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...gs-by-chazcron
            Last edited by Frenzy36; 05-21-2019, 03:24 PM.
            Rocket City Florida

Comment

re; the side scoop - Still hard to make out the shape with the black tape there. From the rear 3/4 view it does look kind of rounded, and there could still be some fake bodywork over the scoop, so C8UR911 could be right. I'm not convinced, however. And while the tape (again) makes it hard to be certain, I think the top of the scoop doesn't come as far forward on the door, or as wide on the door, as the camoed test cars and renders indicate.

re: the license plate area - we've seen some reports that indicate GM is serious about selling this car in Europe, and if so they'd need a wider area than is needed for a US plate. We may be seeing the Euro version of the rear end here, or we may be seeing a single, universal design that will work everywhere. Time will tell.

Whichever, I'm really liking this shape a lot more than the camoed test cars and renders. The arches on the front and rear fenders, the low hoodline dropping between the front fenders, the rear of the door curving in to open up the vent area (as opposed the rear fender widening so strongly) all look fantastic. Also like how the rear deck is recessed below the rear fender line, rather than being the big flat slab we saw before.

Not sure about how curved the rear end is, but it's likely to look a lot different in 3D than what we see in the pictures. I sure wouldn't turn one down because of that, though.

One last thought: If these shots were taken at the Milford proving grounds, then it's part of an orchestrated leak. The photographer was clearly inside the track, not shooting from far away with a super telephoto. The depth of field of the images say telephoto, but not super tele.
              Last edited by meyerweb; 05-21-2019, 04:13 PM.
              SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
              >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

I don't know why but something in the back of my mind is whispering to me that GM is playing us.....I suspect the front end is a hack job to throw us off. Anyone think that is even remotely possible???

Comment

Depends on what you mean by "the front end." If you mean the entire front end, I doubt it (but I've been wrong before. Only once or twice, but still.... ).

If you mean the grill and its center piece, then that could easily be fake.
                  SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                  >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                    I think those are old photos. The lights look like the versions on the Nurburgring test cars, not like what we've seen on the road and at the New York announcement more recently.
                    My guess is that these are current pictures of them driving the Nurburgring cars now to compare them against the current test cars to measure their improvements. Notice that the grass is green in the photos which indicates spring time.
                    Bucket LIst: See C8, Order C8 (On Mike Furman's List) Own C8, Drive C8

Comment

Originally posted by 455SDguy View Post

My guess is that these are current pictures of them driving the Nurburgring cars now to compare them against the current test cars to measure their improvements. Notice that the grass is green in the photos which indicates spring time.
                      Yeah. Don't know if it's the 'ring or not, but I agree these are newer photos, but of an older test car.

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                      >31,000+ miles

Comment

The article states these were taken at the Milford Proving Ground test track by their (C&D's) photographer. I can't confirm these pictures were actually taken at the Milford Proving Grounds but that's definitely not the Nurburgring

Comment

Thanks NewYuriCity! Which to me adds further credence that these are new to us pictures.
                          Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Fantastic stance!. C7pimp was right when he told us about 8 months ago that the car had a fantastic stance. And with the each corner adjustable coil overs, and its E60 Axle Front Lift Height system, each of us can further tailor our car’s stance. More exciting all the time.

Click image for larger version  Name:	E0C4D1FF-9F6C-454A-9A3E-736192909114.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	104.6 KB ID:	37346
                            Last edited by John; 05-21-2019, 05:15 PM.
                            Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Is there a pill that I can take tonight and when I wake up, it's July 18?

Comment

The A pillar looks black in this photo...you think this is a black test vehicle under the cameo?

does have a cool stance..

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X