MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Chazcron Driveway Walk-Around Videos! C8 Close Up Video

2 of 3 < >

Tonight @ 8:00 PM (PST) Scheduled Software Maintenance. C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK!

HEADS UP PLEASE: Tonight At 8:00 PM Is Scheduled Software Maintenance! Could be up to two hours long — but heretofore every one has been much shorter than the time cautioned.

Reveal Countdown Clock: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
3 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Requirement to cite your post’s sources with a clickable link.

C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

PLEASE, DUE TO COPYRIGHT LAWS, IF YOU USE ANY PART OF AN ARTICLE IN YOUR POST, IMPERATIVE THAT YOU INCLUDE AN ACTUAL, CLICKABLE LINK TO IT. Thank you.
See more
See less

C8 Pics Just Posted on Car and Driver 5/21/19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Pics Just Posted on Car and Driver 5/21/19

Not sure if these are new, but these just posted on Car and Driver: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/g2...pe-spy-photos/

Check out how rounded that rear / rear deck-lid are! Very cool!

The C8 is going to be a HUGE game changer in the sports car world!! What an exciting time for Corvette!!!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_6904.jpg Views:	10 Size:	2.21 MB ID:	37269

Click image for larger version  Name:	c8highspeed-g04-kgp-copy-1558456316.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.76 MB ID:	37268
    Last edited by FrankLP; 05-21-2019, 12:20 PM.

This photo in particular looks so much like the C8R photos we saw back in the day.Click image for larger version

Name:	c8highspeed-g03-kgp-copy-1558456316.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.921xh;0,0.0409xh&amp;resize=3840:*.jpg
Views:	1598
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	37271

Comment

I think those are old photos. The lights look like the versions on the Nurburgring test cars, not like what we've seen on the road and at the New York announcement more recently.
      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
      >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
        I think those are old photos. The lights look like the versions on the Nurburgring test cars, not like what we've seen on the road and at the New York announcement more recently.
        My thought as well - the lights and side markers look like quick additions, and not production units.

Also, look at the exhaust...

Still, the body lines do appear to be nicely revealed, and I like the shape of the "base" car.
        Current Vettes:
        '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
        '91 Turquoise Convertible w/hardtop
        '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust - Ordered on 4-1-2014, 2000 Status on 4-10-2014, TPW 5-12-2014, Built on 5-16-2014, Picked-up at dealership on 5-30-2014
        "Delta t = 23"

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
          Exactly. The headlights are from the older version of the mules.
          However, the wheels are new. So, GM is really messing with us.

Comment

Thank you FrankLP. If this is the same photo array as before, then I must now be nearsighted or else was nearsighted "before". Looks like the camo is "closer to the the bone" than I have ever seen before. Almost skin thigh and revealingly like not before. Almost like a body paint camo. The C8 is undressing like a "stripper", piece by piece the more ya see the more yu want to see more to see all and then see its moves and dance.

And the C8 is going to be a knockout.
            Last edited by SheepDog; 05-21-2019, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post
              Still, the body lines do appear to be nicely revealed, and I like the shape of the "base" car.
              Good point. This car appears to have far less padding under the camo that anything we've seen recently. The hoodline is much less bulbous, dropping much more sharply towards the front of the car than what we've seen in recent photos. And far less camo at the rear. This may be the best look at the real body we've seen yet.

Another observation: There's a much greater height difference between the top of the fenders and the "hood" than in the renders at the top of the page. The camo cars we've seen on the road clearly have a lot of padding on the frunk lid. Looks like Chazcron, FVS and others are going to have to warm up their computers again!
              Last edited by meyerweb; 05-21-2019, 01:24 PM.
              SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
              >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Looks like they made efficient use of the velcro to retain the early black Camo wrap.
                It's always kewl to see the car from none traditional angles. You get a good sense of exactly how flat that rear deck is.

Comment

Very interesting...in the third image you can see a lot of padding around the side scoop and far less padding along the rocker. You can also see the "C2 rear fender curve" that someone mentioned earlier this week.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	18C558FE-F0E4-4CE7-A61E-F9AFB409D92E.jpeg
Views:	1541
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	37293 Those are black Velcro stripes that were used in previous mules pictures to hide the body shapes better. I think these shots are recently taken At the Milford Michigan proving grounds. Less camo for sure.
                    Last edited by MikeC8; 05-21-2019, 01:55 PM.

Comment

What I'm seeing....

We are seeing new pictures of an older 'base' mule (headlights, exhaust) that has shed camo to show the production body panels. Since they are high speed testing, they may be looking at airflow into the side intake.

This picture shows the production side intake scoop, albeit it is difficult to see thanks to some well placed black tape.

Name:	c8highspeed-g01-kgp-copy-1558456316.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.921xh;0,0.0793xh&amp;resize=3840:*.jpg
Views:	1548
Size:	1,013.3 KB
ID:	37291

This pictures gives us a great look at the curves. Perspective matters on cars, and beyond that, 2D pictures never showcase the in-person 3D view. I saw the new McLaren GT in person last weekend (same car shown in debut pics, but with black wheels) and it was much nicer in person. In this picture, we can see the front fender and rear haunches....looking great.

Name:	c8highspeed-g02-kgp-copy-1558456418.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.918xh;0,0.0612xh&amp;resize=3840:*.jpg
Views:	1534
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	37292

Comment

This could have been one of the earlier black tarp mules with tarp now removed. I think you guys are right on in that assessment, since it has the "ring" lights etc. That side scoop is still camo'd up pretty well, and I hope that center grille is fake. Rear of the car is looking better and definitely looking better with this rocker treatment. We need another teaser video this weekend

Comment

Great find FrankLP and others. I have personally never seen that car with that exact camo before, but agree that is must be an older one which has shed some of its camo, yet gotten some “disguising black stripes.”

For those who based on way earlier spy pics, through the back end was as flat as a pickup truck tailgate or even like a C7’s rear fascia (which is not very curvy at all), the C8 sure has a far more round rear. I am very excited by what we are seeing today.

Name:	11502610-63B7-4B03-95E3-24BB3B58409E.jpeg
Views:	1511
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	37305

Last edited by John; 05-21-2019, 02:19 PM.
                          Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

I have a feeling the night of reveal, we all gone be shocked (hopefully in a good way). Because I have like 10 different variations of this car in my head.

Comment

I hate being negative but i sure hope the area in the center of the rear bumper cover holding the license plate is camouflaged misdirection...

i have a harder time seeing so much of what you guys are seeing here with the spy photos..

i think the c8 will be stunning. Im just not seeing what you guys are describing.

thank you for describing what you are seeing as it helps me imagine what it will be..

i am grateful that horrific monstrous rear spoiler is gone in these photos.

im sure july 18 th we will all be wowed.
                              Last edited by JB; 05-21-2019, 05:09 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X