Clear All

• Video of C8 Corvette Acceleration on a Detroit Highway

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_6783.jpg
Views:	4595
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	36579

Posted from CorvetteBlogger

Someone came up on the next-generation Corvette driving in Detroit on a three-lane highway and got a proper video. Not only did they have their phone held sideways, but they also turned off the radio and lowered the window to capture the exhaust note from the C8 prototype that we estimate was probably traveling the speed limit if not a bit slower due to traffic.

The driver of the mid-engine prototype may not have seen the cameraman in a truck who was rolling up on him on his left side as we see and hear the C8 Corvette suddenly accelerate and move over the right lane. Luckily, our driver that doing the filming also accelerates and we have this wonderful side view of the C8 headed down the road.

You will want to turn this up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3oEPLjoV3k
    Last edited by John; 05-16-2019, 06:15 PM. Reason: Slight cropping of the picture so that all of the C8 is seen in our “slider.”

Thanks for posting this!

Comment

Great find and post CorvetteBlogger! Thank you.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

From that POV, C8 seems like a small, low profile looking, especially from the side. When he accelerated, the car didn't downshift.

Comment

Thanks for posting. However, not exactly what I expected to hear in terms of the exhaust under acceleration.
          Enthusiastic owner of 'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
          Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum
          Web site: https://www.daumphotography.com/
          blog: https://insight.daumphotography.com/

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
            Thanks for posting. However, not exactly what I expected to hear in terms of the exhaust under acceleration.
            Phone's Mic is only good for short distance.
            Last edited by Z_Rocks; 05-17-2019, 05:13 AM. Reason: Removed the window being up, as I was wrong.

Comment

I think his window was down. Compare the clarity of view thru the windshield vs the side window. Looks like the top of the passenger window can be seen recessed. Near the end, the passenger seat belt can be seen "fluttering" in the wind.

Who knows what his NPP setting was. Sounds good!

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post
                I think his window was down. Compare the clarity of view thru the windshield vs the side window. Looks like the top of the passenger window can be seen recessed. Near the end, the passenger seat belt can be seen "fluttering" in the wind.
                You're right and I was wrong. Removed my comment.

Comment

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	1504
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	36657

Mwuahahaha

Comment

I thought that sounded great considering the road noise. He was also navigating through some traffic so I don't think he got on the throttle as much as he could have. The bigger question is how glorious that will sound right behind your head? Also, more importantly in the coupe will there be a way to lower the glass partition to hear the motor?
                    2020 C8 | 2LT | GKZ Torch Red | Z51 Performance Pckg | FE4 Mag Ride | J6F Red Caliper | C2Z Carbon Roof | AE4 Competition Seats | FA5 Carbon Interior | E60 Front Lift | ZZ3 Engine Appearance Pckg | 5ZU High Wing Spoiler | SPY Black Lug Nuts

Comment

Interesting that the front caliper is red and the rear black ... a new option? Doubtful of course, but it is funny to see that.

Comment

That’s great!
                        There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
                        2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                        79 coupe Silver/oyster
                        All one owner
                        Museum lifetime members

Comment

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1470
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	36673
                          I'm really starting to believe the side intake starting on the door is fake. Look at the sun's reflection here with the intake "panel cover". I'm not going to be surprised if whatever is underneath that freaking panel is going to make everyone have a completely different view of the car in an amazing way. It's like those panels are covering the biggest secret in the automotive industry and GM designed them to do exactly that.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbytinvab View Post
                            Interesting that the front caliper is red and the rear black ... a new option? Doubtful of course, but it is funny to see that.
                            Good catch. As few of the parts on any of the IVERS are production approved, not surprising that they contain some of this and some of that.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Whoa, either he didn't downshift or that DCT is wicked fast.

The camo is heavy and deep on this specimen.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X