MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official 7.18.19 Livestream Reveal URL Site! Tustin Reveal Site Updates & Weather. Watch The Reveal on Your TV Using A Windows Laptop

7.18.19 Official Livestream URL Site: https://media.chevrolet.com/nextgenCorvette

7.18.19 Tustin Updates and Weather: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ather-forecast

Watch The Reveal On Your TV Using a Windows Laptop: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...windows-laptop
See more
See less

C8 Tail Lights Updated Rendering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Tail Lights Updated Rendering

Chazcron has re-rendered the ME’s tail lights.

Click image for larger version

Name:	91550119-E6B3-4ACE-ACC1-BDDD81227194.jpeg
Views:	369
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	35605

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

I really like these taillights. Guess we will have to wait and see

Comment

A real “Eye Catcher”........
      The least we can do is wave to each other

Comment

Very cool, but the rear side marker lights must, by regulation, be red, not amber. These also seem to be missing the amber sequential turn signals above the brake / tail lights that we saw in some of the shots of test cars on the street.
        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
        >33,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
          Very cool, but the rear side marker lights must, by regulation, be red, not amber.
          So true. Good catch. Bit hard to tell by the angle but maybe the amber light shown is on the rear and is the turn signal?
          Last edited by Boomer; 05-09-2019, 09:37 AM. Reason: ?

Comment

OMG, they are not round??? A travesty.

How many still hear that with their C7? I know I do.

They look very lambo like. I guess we now just wait.

Comment

Looks cool. Hopefully wont attract dust and dirt like previous recessed taillights. Stunning design..

wow .....with every new design sketch i get more amped.

Comment

I had the good fortune to spend a little time with one of the Corvette design team. Nothing was asked or said about the C8. We just talked about design philosophy.
                I was told that many designers spend most of their time on the front of the car. The Corvette team spends a lot of effort on the look of the rear as well. While the lines of the car are important, it's also important the car have a great graphic, which is what the rear is.

The first time I saw a C7 I was going to a restaurant in a small town in Idaho. I saw the rear of a car I had never seen before and literally stopped in the street to get a good look.

I've been waiting to see a rendering of the rear because I've been expecting something, to use JB's term, stunning.

Comment

Thanks to Chazcron:

Click image for larger version

Name:	36680052-9D82-4146-9361-6D618F798A94.jpeg
Views:	248
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	35719
                  Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

That is a statement! Can't wait to see it in person.

Comment

One thing that not that rendering nor any other one has fully portrayed, is that compared to the C7’s rear fascia which has little curvature from one side to the other from a bird’s eye view, the C8’s curvature curvature will be much more, i.e., we have not seen them one above the other. The C8’s more rounded fascia will alone make it look more “swoopy,” make its rear seem smaller.
                      Last edited by John; 05-09-2019, 09:52 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X