MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! 1959 Stingray Race Re-Imagined “Modern” C8 Close Up Video

2 of 3 < >

Tonight @ 8:00 PM (PST) Scheduled Software Maintenance. C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK!

HEADS UP PLEASE: Tonight At 8:00 PM Is Scheduled Software Maintenance! Could be up to two hours long — but heretofore every one has been much shorter than the time cautioned.

Reveal Countdown Clock: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
3 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Requirement to cite your post’s sources with a clickable link.

C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

PLEASE, DUE TO COPYRIGHT LAWS, IF YOU USE ANY PART OF AN ARTICLE IN YOUR POST, IMPERATIVE THAT YOU INCLUDE AN ACTUAL, CLICKABLE LINK TO IT. Thank you.
See more
See less

Exciting New HT Convertible Renderings & HT GIF Video Thanks To Chazcron

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exciting New HT Convertible Renderings & HT GIF Video Thanks To Chazcron

Thanks Chaz for your latest Spyder renderings. Looking terrifically exciting. We can not wait for the HT to go into production!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	2719EC0A-AF42-4EE4-96E5-1826A728E7B5.jpeg Views:	505 Size:	55.6 KB ID:	35399

Click image for larger version  Name:	B72FC8B9-C8C3-439E-9AC6-FACF8F3D3830.jpeg Views:	133 Size:	47.8 KB ID:	35400
    Last edited by John; 05-08-2019, 02:53 PM.

• meyerweb
    replied
    Originally posted by bobbytinvab View Post

BUT then again I have no idea
    But as the saying goes, your guess is as good as mine!

Leave a comment:

• JB
    replied
    I like your described procedure too...

none of us know but it does sound feasible and relatively easy to accomplish..

Leave a comment:

• bobbytinvab
    replied
    Originally posted by JB View Post
    A front hinged rear canopy lifting to swallow the folding roof...while the traditional abeit slightly smaller rear hinged trunk opens for luggage space behind the engine...

still makes me wonder where the hell and how the hell the regular targa top goes in the standard model.
    I think it's going vertical, behind the seats in a padded compartment and that compartment will have a spring loaded bottom tray. When you flip the top vertically, and place it in the compartment it only goes down about a third of the way. You then push down on the top and it slides down into the compartment pressing against the spring. It then locks in place holding the tension. Push a button, which releases the spring, pushing up the top to the initial load position, and you can easily lift it out.

That interior pic showing the area behind the seats with what looks like a compartment is what makes me think that

BUT then again I have no idea

Leave a comment:

• 455SDguy
    replied
    Originally posted by John View Post
    Chazcron’s newest:

Click image for larger version

Name:	41DA559F-3AA7-41F5-8040-339B34122539.jpeg
Views:	186
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	35732
    Chaz very nice render and thanks for fixing the rear side marker to red! Your work is just amazing. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    Chazcron’s newest:

Originally posted by Chazcron
    It may not be that apparent in this render, but I flattened the edge of the A-pillar, across the top of the window and down the edge of the rear window, Mine was too rounded for too long. You can see it in the top white highlight. The engine and the turn signal in the taillight is still photoshopped.

Name:	41DA559F-3AA7-41F5-8040-339B34122539.jpeg
Views:	186
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	35732

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    New Chaz front rendering.

Name:	DD4116F0-F1D8-4748-BB52-13567FFBE41A.jpeg
Views:	202
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	35687

Leave a comment:

• JB
    replied
    A front hinged rear canopy lifting to swallow the folding roof...while the traditional abeit slightly smaller rear hinged trunk opens for luggage space behind the engine...

still makes me wonder where the hell and how the hell the regular targa top goes in the standard model.

Leave a comment:

• JB
    replied
    I would imagine its a standard part of the convertible option....the rear window going down is an integral part of the roof retracting capability.

i dont expect to see the rear window going down on the targa...which may be a motivating factor for many to get the convertible version...

cool sunday morning up in the mountains...too cool to lower the roof but warm enough to lower the rear window to hear the glorious wail of the engine much more clearly

Leave a comment:

• Mobius
    replied
    Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
    Very cool. As long as raising the rear window is optional. I'd want it completely out of the way most of the time.
    I too hope this is an option.

Leave a comment:

• meyerweb
    replied
    Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post

What is in the way to begin with? Do you want to buy your own windscreen?
    I have no need for a custom windscreen on my C7 'vert. I want the rear window and roof completely gone when the top is down. That's a convertible. If the rear glass is still there, the airflow isn't going to be any different than in the targa with the roof off.

Leave a comment:

• bobbytinvab
    replied
    Cool video Chaz, but I don't think the top on the conv will stow vertically. I believe it will be more like the Ferrari and the Mclaren. I like your idea better, but I'm just not seeing it stowed vertically. Hope I'm wrong.

Leave a comment:

• N4SPEED
    replied
    Looks fantastic!!

Leave a comment:

• Chazcron
    replied
    Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
    Chazcron- This is my favorite render ever! Even that color totally Rocks. Thanks
    Definitely in my top ten.

Leave a comment:

• Nitrobrother
    replied
    Originally posted by John View Post
    New Chaz HT video:
    Nice job Chaz! It's images like these that make the wait that much harder. Not so patiently waiting on my number from Kerbeck....

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X