MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Reveal Countdown Clock! Official 4/26 GM C8 News. Finally, 7.18.19 Orange County Reveal Location Is Announced!

See more
See less

New C8 ITW Videos Thanks To atsam@IG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New C8 ITW Videos Thanks To atsam@IG

How does he find all the pics and videos that he located? Is he sneaky into GM’s storage yard and putting location trackers on them? Thank you atsam@IG for finding them and to Corvette_Nut for YT posting them.

UPDATE: Two more new ILW videos thanks to atsam@IG, posted by Corvette_Nut just added to post # 8.
    Last edited by John; 05-06-2019, 10:15 PM.
    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

What I don't understand is, what exactly is the purpose of driving these prototype mules on public thruways at sedate speeds? What, if anything, is being tested and evaluated?

I could understand the testing purpose of cars being driven at speed across Death Valley to test cooling systems and air conditioning, or up and down curvy mountain roads to test transmissions and brakes, but what is being learned driving at the speed limit on a 3 lane divided highway in moderate traffic?

Comment

My guess is they need to put a certain number of “real world” miles on them in addition to the “torture” testing you were describing.

Comment

Thats a gaggle of c8s...and cool as hell..but man halfway through that video i couldnt help bit say to myself...that rear spoiler is horrible

thanks for posting up..

Gm s 300k mile validation testing pays big dividends in delivering excellence in the ownership experience..

one of the reasons I always prefer to buy GM products...

nothing in this world is perfect but GMs protocols do make for what I consider world class durability...

will the c8 be warrantied for driver track events like the c7 ?

mclaren completely voids the extended warranty if your mclaren ever sets foot or tire on a track event...

GM tests , tests , tests...mever perfect but the best dirability in the indistry...in my opinion...

just dump that monster sized rear spoiler

Comment

JB, thanks. I believe the answer to your question is that the C8 will again not have its warranty voided merely for tracking it. However, as current and before, if your motor is grenaded because you missed a down shift and took it way over redline, it becomes your pocketbook. Similarly, if one had modded one’s engine and it blows up on the track, also on your own nickel.

Personally, I think both those things would be fair warranty exclusions.
          Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

That defimitely fair.

i do think all the computer comtrols witj dcts especially moddimg becomes ridiculous.

i believe dct s computer comtrols would also safe guard over revving even in manual mode.

im pretty much mature enough to have come to the realization factory is the best way to fly especially with driver events on the agenda.

Comment

The front, rear and sides of the prototypes are concealed by slabs of distortions. Everything that is covered looks different than it appears including the spoiler. The car will be sharp. When they are not being observed they do not drive slow and easy. When observable or in traffic the noise and speed is controlled. These cars have been stressed.
              Last edited by SheepDog; 05-06-2019, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Two more ILW videos thanks to atsam@IG, posted on YT by Corvette_Nut.

Last edited by John; 05-06-2019, 10:15 PM.

Comment

The one with chrome wheels looks great even with the camo. The C8 will be a knock out. Hope the traction control, drift modes and handling are superb, even as a priority over power. But both please.

If it out handles then bingo.

no spoilers. better without
                  Last edited by SheepDog; 05-06-2019, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Same group of cars? Five C8 Prototypes at a flashing red light. I see the one with the silver wheels as well:

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1B14B615-16EB-4591-91B0-FF73A0B36826.jpeg
Views:	163
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	35288Maybe it’s just the lighting, but the hood on the last C8 looks different. Vents?

Comment

Good eye!!
                        The hood vents will change the look that is currently being padded and under camouflage. I like it!
                        Last edited by ME 4 me; 05-07-2019, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Djnsoxfan View Post
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	1B14B615-16EB-4591-91B0-FF73A0B36826.jpeg Views:	16 Size:	214.9 KB ID:	35288Maybe it’s just the lighting, but the hood on the last C8 looks different. Vents?
                          the 5th one always sounds like a rocket. may be the driver
                          Last edited by SheepDog; 05-07-2019, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                            JB, thanks. I believe the answer to your question is that the C8 will again not have its warranty voided merely for tracking it. However, as current and before, if your motor is grenaded because you missed a down shift and took it way over redline, it becomes your pocketbook. Similarly, if one had modded one’s engine and it blows up on the track, also on your own nickel.
                            With the computer controlled DCT, downshifting into too low a gear should be impossible. The programming simply wouldn't let you choose a gear that would exceed redline at the speed the car is travelling.
                            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                            >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

I hope they are all hiding a vented hood. Or give us a checkbox for a vented hood.(Do we call it a Frunk now?) JB - I love that spoiler because of it being different.
                              Last edited by Frenzy36; 05-07-2019, 02:29 PM.
                              Rocket City Florida

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X