New GM Z06 Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New GM Z06 Video

Called “The World.” it takes us back to the Nurburgring, Le Mans, and other parts of Europe. So much fun to watch. 5 minute video.

While looking at this picture, I flashed back to Alex MacDonald telling me at the reveal that, “I stood at the side of the ‘Ring track, watched one of my drivers pass me as he was starting out on a lap, then my hearing Z06’s exhaust the entire 12.9 miles until I again saw him coming down the straight toward the finish line.” To see this picture is to put into world how distinctive, how piercing, how different, how special the Z06’s exhaust is.

Click image for larger version  Name:	A908DB57-E031-47F6-ABD2-603B48637698.jpg Views:	0 Size:	572.5 KB ID:	346559
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Tadge last words in the video:
    “Our team is never done. The Z06 is just the next chapter in a very long book!”
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Just what I needed to jump start my evening 👍👍
      Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

Watched it as soon as it hit my email… was hoping they had snuck off and actually run a ring time (may have!?) that they were gonna reveal

Comment

I also received that e-mail from Chevrolet today. Nice video designed to make my lust for this car even greater. It did!!

Comment

Street Legal Racecar! We can REALLY get into some trouble with this thing………maybe driving school should be mandatory……
            Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Actually there is a yet not even birdie chirped mandatory option that we are going to have to select before we get it delivered to us.

It is option “CSM.”

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                Actually there is a yet not even birdie chirped mandatory option that we are going to have to select before we get it delivered to us.

It is option “CSM.”
                CSM: Customer Spring Mountain.

I think we need a MECF coordinated attendance

Comment

That’s good. I was thinking that in response to Meldoon’s comment about maybe “driving school should be mandatory,” that CSM was a mandate of Common Sense Mandatory.

I remember when he C7 Z06 came out, that we all knew that some folks were going to do dumb stuff because they overestimated their driving skills in the face of its power. Regrettably that sure happened, with some literally killing themselves. Sad to say there were some real tragedies happened due to the driver showing off and killing their passenger in two circumstances in just the first six months. One was a older friend who was hitting hot dogging it in the rain (think that was Missouri); the second one was Dad went to work, leaving the key fob for the Z06 in sight. The son, a seventeen year old boy, picked up his sixteen year old girlfriend and ran the Z06 off the road. Killed them both instantly as according to the Mississippi State Patrol’s accident investigation, they concluded that the car was going at least 140 MPH. As to how many just wrecked their C7 Z06 due to driving over their heads, we all know that was way too common.

BTW, neither was a Z07 with Cup 2’s. Both were “only” standard versions.

Comment

I am struck with the irony of this thread about our wondering when we would get more info from GM, and just literally hours later we got today’s video.

Comment

Super happy to see that in my email this morning and enjoyed watching it with my coffee this morning!
                      2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers and engine cover, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C, American Hydrocarbon 5VM kit, museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4, 3300 on 8/4, 3400 on 8/11, #18 off the line on 8/23, delivered 9/10.

Well worth the wait, the car is amazing!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X