Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Speed Phenom Is Planning Ahead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact that he also tracks other cars will be good for the Z06 too as he can give an honest review between his new Z06 and all the other cars he's tracked. With what we're seeing with the Z06 info that's coming out, this new track edition should spank a lot of other cars and punch way above its weight. Can't wait to see the results.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to his Z06 content. Austin is a heck of a brand ambassador.
      2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers and engine cover, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C, American Hydrocarbon 5VM kit, museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4, 3300 on 8/4, 3400 on 8/11, #18 off the line on 8/23, delivered 9/10.

Well worth the wait, the car is amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

Then, simple, do not spend a penny of your money buying it. I have a friend who bought one and he is happy he owns it.

On MECF we respect people making choices which are different than ours.
        I was stating my opinion! I am a "Corvette Enthusiast" who is fortunate enough to have own 6 now and hopefully many more!

Comment

I have a feeling that Austin will keep his Z06 for awhile.

Comment

In Pennsylvania a C8.R Special Edition just went for $125,000 which is $30,000 over MSRP:

https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/...dealer-markup/

I know of another C8.R SE in the Pacific Northwest that went for + $40,000 last week as a Christmas present. They are really hot with GM limiting their availability to 1,000 total as they sold out in the first few allocations. Those that did not get one by being shut out when they wanted one are finding a costly way to get it. If they can get it with ADM and that makes them happy bully for them.

Comment

He got a lot of content (=money) through youtube of it and can most likely sell it for good profit. I think he is never intending to keep certain cars, but always get new ones for fresh content

Comment

I talked with Austin for quite a while on the phone three days ago. The Z06 is not a profit maker in his heart and soul. He is as passionate and excited to get it as the single craziest MECF member is (and I separately talked to a MECF member/friend two nights ago who said not only is he dreaming about the Z06 but sometimes when he gets up in the middle of the night, he gets so excited he can not fall back to sleep, opens up his computer to MECF to see any tiny morsel he can clean).

Sure Speed Phenom is earning a very good living, having a ball going to the race track often, taking all most expenses as business deductibles, and yes he will make money on this car, but this Z06 is beyond excitement to him. He said “I am crazy excited about the Z06, can’t wait to get it into my hands.”

Similarly I talked with the A TEAM at the reveal and they too have not been part of this project just in terms of paychecks, their both having from the Identical onset idea the drive to build our exact C8 Z06 (“our dream car” was what one of them said), saying that if he had been able to create any car on his own in his garage, “which of course I could not have,” but this the car, as we were standing next to the Z07, that I would have created with my buddies is the Z06.” When I got an email from that A TEAM person yesterday, he said.

“Can’t wait to get people behind the wheel of this thing!”

Speed Phenom’s passion about this car is at the same level as theirs and as ours.
                Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Adding my personal note here, if you would have said to me two years that my wife is not batting an eyelash at spending over $150,000 for a vehicle (and we are not members of the upper class but great savers and hard workers instead). — as an example her last night saying when I cut her hair, “isn’t it wonderful how much we have saved by your doing that over fifty years”, I would have politely, back to spending +$150K for our Z06 with her full support, would called you crazy several years ago. My wife is so excited when I leave my office and come in interrupting her latest project, for me to share the latest Z06 tidbit. Her previous attribute toward an upcoming new Corvette was, “”whatever you bring home I will love, though she would often ask “how soon will that be.” But never before this was there ever her also having “the bug!”

This bug is a positive tsunami for so many of us.
                  Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I enjoy Austin-SP's videos and takes on motorsports in general. I really appreciate and respect how much he tracks his cars and gets as much as he can out of them... all the while providing interesting and entertaining content for his viewers.

I think he has a sound plan for acquiring a Z06 and hope it works out for him. I'm looking forward to his on-track videos in/with his Z06!
                    ​​

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X