Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

PRIVATE MESSAGE HINT/HELP

Some are having trouble seeing a PM another member has sent them, saying it is just the title and then a big white blank page. Just click on the title and the message will open up for you. Thanks.
See more
See less

fvs overview of c8 blueprint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fvs overview of c8 blueprint

just a plan view of the c8 based on best info. I included the presumed hood vents and rear fender intakes suggested by the CAD drawings.for the possible z06.
    Gives an idea of the overall layout.

Click image for larger version  Name:	c8 bluprint views copy.jpg Views:	2 Size:	2.41 MB ID:	33495
    Last edited by fvs; 04-22-2019, 06:52 PM.

Nice, thanks!
    There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
    2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
    79 coupe Silver/oyster
    All one owner
    Museum lifetime members

Comment

FVS, you are super talented. Thank you very much for the C8 plan view.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thanks FVS - That looks Awesome- I extremely love that hood design. Hopefully there will be many check-boxes for options like that. I would definitely check that hood box if it could be offered on the Base or Z51 Model. HINT HINT.
        Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
          Thanks FVS - That looks Awesome- I extremely love that hood design. Hopefully there will be many check-boxes for options like that. I would definitely check that hood box if it could be offered on the Base or Z51 Model. HINT HINT.
          That hood does look good, as well as functional, but we've not seen any mules that have the dual-vent style. Of course, who knows what's tucked under the black vinyl Z06 camo...

I also like that he's included the rear quarter panel vents (similar to the C7's) which seem very practical in that location for transmission and engine cooling.

I wonder if these would be only a Z-51/Z06 feature on the C8?
          Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN0943.JPG Views:	66 Size:	88.8 KB ID:	33544
          Last edited by Mobius; 04-24-2019, 09:46 AM. Reason: typo
          My C8:
          '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
          '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
          '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
          '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

The hood vents were described by C7pimp as one large horse shoe shaped vent. Other eyewitnesses described it as two separate vents divided in the center similar to the Lotus Evora.

The rear fender intakes can be seen in the leaked CAD drawing.

Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by fvs View Post
              The hood vents were described by C7pimp as one large horse shoe shaped vent. Other eyewitnesses described it as two separate vents divided in the center similar to the Lotus Evora.

The rear fender intakes can be seen in the leaked CAD drawing.

Time will tell.
              Good info as usual FVS ... thx for the drawing

Comment

Very cool. Thanks FVS!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	smartselectimage_2019_04_29_14_43_26_e1f684bdbf037c4a6d31c8308ce5321b2396dea9.png
Views:	1128
Size:	600.9 KB
ID:	34366 Take a look at this early sketch from the new video.

I think this matches my hood design above are fairly close

Comment

Good job FVS, u r always on the ball .

Comment

I hope the C8 Z51 will have the vents on the hood & on quarter panel that looks great I would extra for that.

Comment

Originally posted by fvs View Post

Name:	smartselectimage_2019_04_29_14_43_26_e1f684bdbf037c4a6d31c8308ce5321b2396dea9.png
Views:	1128
Size:	600.9 KB
ID:	34366 Take a look at this early sketch from the new video. I think this matches my hood design above are fairly close.
                        You are very close (not surprising). For those who have missed the final version of what could be one of the initial C8 design sketches, something else fvs put together for us, here it is without part of the date impinging on it. Thanks FirstVetteSoon!

Name:	B6CAA020-94B8-4A54-848E-B5522BD7F419.jpeg
Views:	843
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	35843

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Beautiful drawing!
                          Thanks
                          Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X