Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Site Maintenance

Site maintenance will take place at approximately 2022-01-17 10:15:00 Pacific Time and should only take a few minutes. The forum may be unavailable during this time.
See more
See less

Nice To Color Verify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice To Color Verify

When we learned that our local Chevy dealership had the exact color combination we are wanting for our Z06, nicely as a bonus also in a HTC, we ran down and gapped. It worked well for us. Nice that other than one salesperson the showroom was empty so we had as much time looking at it from every angle we wanted. It might have changed our mind on one thing and that is we are now learning toward the Bright Red instead of the Edge Red calipers that we currently have (and were planning on for the Z).

Since we believe we will be ordering in about four months, time to get serious about whatever we can while we can even though we do not yet know the new-for-2023 colors* and other things that have yet to unfold along the way.

*In my personal opinion while I am thinking there is a good chance that just for 2023 we will see Carbon Flash substitute for regular black and Pearlescent Metallic White substitute for Arctic white, that could still leave the door open for two other new colors. If the latter we would need to see them and decide if either displaces Hypersonic Metallic. [Would have to got a long way to do that.]

Click image for larger version  Name:	8007CFF4-63DE-43EE-8804-82EBECCA3F31.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.26 MB ID:	334284 Click image for larger version  Name:	90E0EA18-4F8D-4699-AC73-62DB27EA8FAB.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.70 MB ID:	334285 Click image for larger version  Name:	0500B217-BAB2-4FA5-B76C-DFCBFD9345CA.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.99 MB ID:	334286 Click image for larger version  Name:	D31B105C-24D9-4A61-9F28-BFD2170548A6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.93 MB ID:	334287 Click image for larger version  Name:	B6088C3E-1A5D-4937-839F-24B528462C65.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.70 MB ID:	334288
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Glad you got to see it in person John. Hopefully at the Bash one will be there in the sun light as well.

Comment

OMG John, if you select the bright red calipers our cars will be identical? I was shooting for mine to be one of?
      Currently have 2014 Z51, Have a deposit for 2023 C8 Z07 3LZ 😁

Comment

Just copying you to be like you when I grow up.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

This is the color I'm leaning towards on my Z06. I still have not seen it in person and hope I have the opportunity to before I have to place an order.

Comment

When people were walking by it at NCM at the Labor Day celebration, quite a few stopped and remarked how much they liked it. It was my wife’s instantaneous # 1 choice, though my # 2 until as the days went on, it become my strong # 1 too. It reminds me of the # 4 C8.R.

Comment

My trouble with Gray Corvettes is they don't look the same outside. I my eye they are just dull. But each of our eye are different that's why 9 colors. A good photographer can really make a gray C8 pop with the shadows in the right spots.
              Growing old is mandatory; growing Up is Optional

Comment

Originally posted by Fasted60 View Post
                My trouble with Gray Corvettes is they don't look the same outside. I my eye they are just dull. But each of our eye are different that's why 9 colors. A good photographer can really make a gray C8 pop with the shadows in the right spots.
                While I generally agree with you my shadow gray in the sun gets a lot of compliments. Could be all the metallic in it. Definitely pops in the sun!

Comment

Hypersonic gray is one of the best new colors for the Vette IMHO. I built one on the visualizer with silver and then midnight full length stripes. Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
                    Hypersonic gray is one of the best new colors for the Vette IMHO. I built one on the visualizer with silver and then midnight full length stripes. Awesome!
                    That would be the color I choose, but not with Black Wheels
                    1999 C5 Magnetic Red Coupe -Z51 - SOLD 7/31/21
                    2021 C8 Red Mist Z51 HTC, 2LT Mag Ride & Front Lift

Carbon Flash Top/Mirrors/AH Splitter & Skirts, STD Silver Wheels
                    GT2 2-Tone Seats Sky Cool Grey/Black

Delivered – August 28th @ The National Corvette Museum

Comment

Best photos I've seen so far of Hyper Sonic Grey, amazing how wild the difference is between different photos, it goes from blah to WOW

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
                        I've found the visualizer to not do a good job of representing the colors. I had to photo shop one to get close to the real color. I'm lucky I'm only an hour and a half from AC and just Monday they had 75 cars on the lot. Seeing a car in outdoor light is the only way to see how it will look every day.
                        Growing old is mandatory; growing Up is Optional

Comment

Very good point. And seeing the color you like on the version you are getting is the best yet. Sometimes a Stingray might look great to you in color X but when you see it on a Z06, you prefer a different color. Same about coupes and HTC’s.

Another good idea is to see “your color” in different lights — from pure blasting sunshine, to partly cloudy, to a dark day in the rain would be the absolute best.

And why I am so strongly recommending that for all that can, and my wife and I will be driving 2,525 miles each way to get to it, getting to next April 28th-30th’ a NCM Bash is such a good idea. Of course with two new colors being premiered there (we believe), also Tadge and team there for you to walk up and ask questions of, attend seminars, see the Museum etc.

Comment

I really like this grey, but always chuckle a little at the "Hypersonic" modifier which connotes something slightly more exciting than grey. Kudos to the creative marketer who made that call.

Comment

The GM internal code name is “Hypersonic Metallic.” [It is going so fast it is losing its middle name.]

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X